3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Build Up Your Gang

BUYG: Build Up Your Gang

RichardG

@Flesh-n-Bone: Now I'll do what you said.

I'm joining the Grove Street Families at Johnson's House.

I need a Securicar for a rich diner heist. How about this?

I'll also accept cars with huge trunk and normal trucks.

mark-2007
My talk about the rules I broke on the last topic.

1. The front page said that Trouble was at Johnson's House, now fixed on the new topic. I wasn't informed.

2. The rules are clear - Don't use stuff your gang don't own - this is why I nearly bought the Securicar.

Eh? That was just a mix-up. Trouble has always written for Sweet's House, and you came along, barged in, and tried to start writing there too. Also, you didn't get the Securicar because you hadn't even picked a valid property for the GSF, since it was already occupied by Trouble, and also you'd written just one story, yet were requesting to purchase a vehicle which would have cost most of the money the gang had. Money which you didn't earn, and money which Trouble, who earned that money, didn't want to spend on a Securicar.

I have looked around and none are of my preference choice but I'll pick the Diablos at Hepburn Heights.

Are you sure? It was the Vercettis before you edited that post! tounge2.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
Are you sure? It was the Vercettis before you edited that post! tounge2.gif

LOL, I was caught, but I changed my mind. After Vercetti's I said Forelli's and now Diablos, that's it. Damn I want more gangs, these are getting repetitive. sad.gif

mark-2007
Are you sure? It was the Vercettis before you edited that post!  tounge2.gif

LOL, I was caught, but I changed my mind. After Vercetti's I said Forelli's and now Diablos, that's it. Damn I want more gangs, these are getting repetitive. sad.gif

Repetitive? You've only written for two of them! There's twenty-two gangs in total. If you're still hung up about the Mendez Cartel, then try the Colombian Cartel, since they're quite similar.

But go ahead, I'll add you to the Diablos. If that's your final answer!

Flesh-n-Bone

I have written for 4 actually, Yakuza, Southside Hoods, Grove Street and Triads. For the first two it was a quick leaving since I failed there. With Grove I was doing well but felt like I needed a change and with the Triads my attempt failed in making them rich. The main reason I'm so hung for the VCS gangs is because I'm very addicted to the game at the moment and the gangs are awesome. And it feels painful how every protagonist's gang is there except Vance's. Never mind that, I think I go with the Diablos or even drop out.

In short - Yes add me to the Diablos.

Build Up Your Gang

Hey guyzzz!

---

marlord911

Grove Street Families

1st (11th) story

$44

$1770 + $44 = $1814

I'm not sure if I missed your last few stories, but from what I remember, you've improved tremendously. Great story there. If there's one thing that I would fault you on, it's that you need to break up dialogue. Try inserting the "CJ asked" kind of bit in the middle of it, and break the dialogue up with a comma. Like... "What's crackin' man?" asked CJ, folding his green flag and placing it in his pocket proudly. "Fancy grabbing a beer at the Ten Green Bottles?"... much better.

---

Flesh-n-Bone

Switched to Diablos

---

mark-2007

Los Santos Vagos

BMX sold

$23

$1234 + $23 = $1257

Greenwood sold

$100

$1257 + $100 = $1357

---

Just wanted to get rid of some of my unneeded things. That's it for now chaps.

rated and updated by mark-2007

Edited by Build Up Your Gang

Motherstep

Complete overhaul for the Da Nang troop, I'll be discarding all canon before this though character names may be re-used.

Da Nang Boys - Chapter 11

Bombtrack

San Fierro was alive. Since the premature death of one of the most successful drug entrepaneurs, illegal trading by rail and by bike doubled, marking San Fierro on the map as the most influencial and the most dangerous cities in San Andreas. Gangs would often fight in broad daylight for the responsibility of taking part, resulting in more casualities and fatalities than results. The rewards for the job were great; low risk and high pay, with a pinch of whatever was being sold for your "trouble".

One of the most successful were the Da Nang Boys, who were not adverse to doing whatever possible to jump to the front of the queue. It was the third week running for the cocaine run and the Da Nangs had been involved each and every time. Feathers took the Sabre for on-road and off-road deliveries, and Nguyen and Nong took the train into other districts for the more uncommon methods.

Today, it was an off-road delivery from Angel Pine to Blueberry. The Da Nang Boys had definitely been watching this one, with each journey pinned out in Feather's flat. Roles had been planned and sure enough, the soon beat down on San Fierro signifying noon. Feathers took Nong with him, and despite the 7 year difference between them they were more firm friends that simply linked together by gang status. The drive down to Angel Pine was quiet; only the sound of stones gently rapping against the car was heard as the two men maneuvered between the dirt tracks leading them into the countryside. The distinctive noise of a stomach rumbling suddenly filled the car, and Feathers slowly turned to look at Nong, who instantly became interested in a hanging traffic light, avoiding Feathers' gaze.

"Hungry?"

"Very..." Nong replied quietly, only after he'd watched the traffic light for a few seconds. He didn't break his focus as he went on, "that new Burger Shot's not all that far away from here, it's just in Angel Pine."

Feather's shared this sentiment, and within the hour the two men were sat in their Sabre, feet perched on the dashboard, the smell of burgers corrupting the already prominent stench of leather seating.

The waiting game was a familiar one when it came to drug runs, and it was the part that put many gangs in San Andreas off doing the run in the first place. Despite the Da Nang's apparent impatience regarding matters, their philosophy was "if it was worth obtaining, it's worth waiting". Around an hour passed, which was child's play to the two Da Nang veterans, and finally the two unmarked Sanchez bikes crept into view.

"Looks like we have an easy one this week..." Feathers whispered, despite several hundred metres and a windscreen separated them.

"This is what we have? Why the f*ck did the Vagos decline?"

Feathers simply shrugged, taking a long drink from his extra large Burger Shot Heart Stopper cup.

Several minutes passed as packages and money were traded. Sure enough, the bikes roared into to life and took off over the steep incline of a hill behind a motel. Smiling broadly, Feathers took off after them, slow enough to be conspicuous but with a ready sense of urgency.

"Why can't they use the road?" Nong moaned, words rattled as the car hit uneven ground.

"Nothing wrong with a bit of rough driving, Nong my boy!" Feathers replied, laughing, "puts lead in your pencil!"

Nong simply scoffed and struggled to pile fries into his mouth as the car rocked with the uneven ground below it. After around ten minutes, the bikes hit road once more and the car followed closely. Things were going perfectly until the bikers stopped suddenly at a crossroads, paranoia present. Without even a second glance, the drug runners brandished concealed shotguns and took pot-shots at the Sabre's grill and windscreen, shards of shell piercing the space inches between the duo's heads. The bikes remained stationary, as the car trundled to a halt, trails of smoke flowing gracefully from the holes in the windscreen. Just as the bikers turned back to the road, Feathers and Nong emerged unharmed from the car, crouching, Desert Eagles in tow. Nong was quick to react, taking out one of the bikers with a swift crack over the head before his partner even realised.

"f*ck you Da Nang, not this time!" shouted the remaining biker as he took off down the hill towards Dillimore.

"Sh*t, hurry up, get on!" Nong yelled, climbing on the bike and setting off after him, barely giving Feathers enough time to get on himself. The two Da Nang Boys were hot on the trail of the drug runner, weaving in and out of protruding trees and fallen logs. In a daring move, the biker leapt 20 feet over a small cliff, the river flowing beneath it. Nong was just as daring and twice as clever, accelerating fully where the biker had shown hesitation.

This brought the bikers neck and neck, and Feathers took random swipes at the drug runner with his trusty knife. The two bikes toppled dangerously as they struggled to remain upright in such dreadful conditions.

"Get me closer!" Feathers yelled, still taking swings at the biker.

"If I were any closer I'd be up his ass!"

"Good, that's fine with me!"

Suddenly, the biker laughed heartily which was surprisingly audible over the roaring engines. In a shock move, he then took a sharp right and began to scale the hill once more. Nong snorted, frustrated at this change of direction and continued to follow him. It was only then when Feathers realised where they were going; the railroad.

The bikes struggled considerably less as they hit solid ground. Unfortunately for the Da Nang, said ground was the sleeper bed of a railroad track leading back into San Fierro.

"This is our last chance Feathers, ice this f*cker before we meet the business end of a f*cking train!"

Feathers didn't need shouting at twice and immediately brandished his Desert Eagle once again. Each fire took Nong off guard, causing them to lose speed on the uneven surfaces of the sleepers. As soon as he regained speed, Feathers would fire again. It was a vicious yet cooperate cycle.

"Train!"

This time it was Feathers time to shout as he caught sight of an oncoming train. With a lunge, Nong turned sharply to avoid it and was now on the same tracks as the daring drug runner.

"Catch this ass!" the biker yelled, gaining speed.

Nong was horrified to discover he was attempting to catch up a slower moving freight train. With a final surge, the biker took a leap of faith and landed stable footed on the rear carriage, bare of any cargo.

"Nong you f*ck, no!" Feathers yelled in protest, but he was having no more of the biker's antics. Feathers braced himself for the leap as he realised protesting would get him nowhere. In a shaky leap, the two landed in a heap where the biker had.

Moving with speed and fueled by fear, Feathers and Nong traversed the train, hot on the heels of the remaining drug runner who was clutching his backpack like a threatened gorilla would his young. The train was now approaching San Fierro station, but was merely passing through as it's destination lay nestled at Yellow Bell station in Las Venturas.

The drug runner was running out of train and the Da Nang Boys eventually caught their man, delivering punch after punch to his torso despite the fact they were surfing on an exceedingly fast train.

"Your time is up, Da Nang. Live with this!"

Feathers stopped mid-punch and Nong screamed, dragging Feathers away. The drug runner then revealed what was in the highly protected backpack; a bomb. In a quick decision, the Da Nang took their opportunity and dived into the waters below the Garcer Rail Bridge.

The two had not even hit water before the deafening sound of fire and explosions tore through the otherwise quiet San Fierro sea air. Freight carriages were sent scraping along rails, demolishing supports as they tore through the bridge. Within 30 seconds, the Da Nang Boys were wounded and the bridge fell from it's support. Garcer Rail Bridge was no more.

WelcomeToLibertyCity

Glad that the Lenone's have some money to get me going biggrin.gif I'd like to purchase a sniper rifle, please.

====================================================

Chapter I

Leone Family Mafia

Sindaccos Down

It was a dreary, dark and chilly night on Mt. Chilliad as Mitch and I prepared for our first deed in San Andreas. As we sat and watched the cars lights bellow dance in the darkness, Mitch reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bottle of rum and some cigars. He flicked the top of the lighter and held it to his mouth as I watched as the tiny red flame danced in the wind turning the tip of his cigar into smoking red ashes.

“Hey Johnny you want one?” He asked extending a hand to me, clenched around the pack of cigars.

“No thanks, I’m fine.” I replied as I stared down upon the cars.

“It’s a nice sight ain’t it?” Mitch said, stuffing the cigars back into his coat pocket.

“Yeah, It reminds me of being a kid back in LC, watching the car lights from my bedroom window.” I said cheerlessly.

“So you miss Liberty?” Mitch asked as he took a swig of rum and a draw from the cigar.

“Yeah...” My voice trailed off as a shiny black stretch pulled up beside the hideout.

“There’s Salvatore now. He’s going to tell us what the hell we’re doing out here.” Mike chuckled walking over to Salvatore’s stretch.

“Hello fellas how are you doing? It’s good to see you” Salvatore said as he gave us a cheerful nod.

“Not bad, yourself?” replied Mitch as he exhaled a cloud of smoke into the air.

“I’m good, but listen. The Sindacco’s are sending some men down to Las Venturas.” Salvatore said opening the trunk of the car, “They’re starting a little meat factory operation here in San Andreas. Now the boys have been doing some undercover work and have discovered that they will be flying directly above Chilliad. Get to the top of the mountain and shoot the pr*cks down!” He exclaimed pointing to the sniper rifle in his trunk.

“Holy sh*t Sal this is nice!” exclaimed Mitch as he examined the gun. He’s always had a thing for firepower, ever since I met him my first day on the job back in LC.

“Mitch you know the Leones have the best weapons around,” boasted Salvatore, “But that’s beside the point. Now Mitch, I want you to let Johnny do this one. It will show me if he’s ready to become a trusted Leone family member..” Salvatore stressed handing the weapon to me.

“Ok...” Mitch said in disappointment.

“Thanks Mr. Leone.” I said, flattered that he trusted me with such a big deed.

“Don’t mention it, just make sure those Sindacco bastards die!” He said as he stepped back into his stretch, “I’ll see you soon.”

As me and Mike waited patiently for the Sindacco chopper to arrive over Chilliad, we shared a large bottle of rum.

“So Johnny, how have you been finding your first few day in San Andreas?” asked Mitch, chugging back some rum.

“It’s ok, a lot different then back home though.” I replied, staring at the sky. As the first glimpse of the sun rising on the horizon, I could vaguely see a flying object coming swiftly towards us.

“That must be the Sindaccos.” said Mitch as he stood up a looked through a pair of binoculars, “Get ready for the shot, you’ll have to shoot the chopper’s pilot if you want that thing to go down.” he stated. I held the rifle up to my face and stared through the lense. Zooming in on the Sindacco chopper, I got ready for the shot. That one epic shot that would mean the difference of me becoming a trusted Leone, or a lonely outsider. As I took a deep breath and I cleared my mind of all surrounding thoughts, as if the only thing that existed were me, the rifle and the Sindacco chopper. My hand slid towards the trigger as I perfected my aim at the Sindacco pilot, and I took the shot. The gun rattled as the bullet shot out the barrel of the gun, leaving nothing behind but a grey smokey trail.

Mitch got a grin across his face as he watched the Sindacco chopper’s pilot drop dead on the controls and the chopper began to spin and plummet towards the ground. As I dropped the rifle on the ground beside me I got the last view of the Sindacco chopper as it exploded. The deed was done.

“Nice shot Johnny!” Mitch congratulated me.

“Thanks.” I replied with a smirk on my face.

“Well Johnny, you no what this means.” said Mitch happily, “Welcome to the family!”

Edited by WelcomeToLibertyCity

mark-2007

Masterkraft's back! sh*t, it feels like ages! Good to have you back, as well as you WA, although you weren't away quite so long. tounge.gif

Anyways, another story, feeling quite creative of late; at least in BUYG terms. I'm selling my ounce of heroin in this chapter.

---

Los Santos Vagos

Mexican Mud

The door beckoned me up the small path to push down on its handle and throw it gently open. It was well past midnight, but the air was still warm from the soft ocean breeze and, to my surprise, my friends were gathered around the sofa when I closed the door behind me. They looked around desperately as I entered and, upon recognising a familiar face, all sprung up to greet me.

“Alejandro, what took you so long ese?” my brother Jorge asked me and slapped my back as a welcome. “We’ve been sh*tting our pants man!”

“Yeah, sorry about that,” I began. “I tried cutting through Ganton, stupidly.”

“sh*t brother,” Jorge looked concerned. “What happened?”

“Nothing much, it was too late for those Grove Street pussies,” I laughed. “Wait. Where’s Andres?”

The worried looks each of them had worn as I’d entered spread across their faces once more. Raul, chest heaving, spoke up, “I dunno ese, we saw him with you last.”

I took a seat around the television and, with the house phone at hand, we waited for a while. If Andres wasn’t back, or hadn’t contacted us, in the next fifteen minutes then we’d go out in the car and look for him. We sat back and tried to relax, although our eyes strayed to the clock every few seconds.

A shrill noise broke the nervous silence. We simultaneously stirred from our worrying trance and Santiago leapt for the phone. With a breathless quiver in his voice, he lifted the receiver to his ear.

“Hello?” he asked nervously.

A clunk on the other end sounded, and then a familiar voice came over the phone, “Hey, it’s Andres.”

“sh*t man ese!” he yelled in excitement and beckoned for us all to listen in. “Where are you?”

“They’ve got me down at the station,” he spoke gravely. “For that stabbing that went down at the Alhambra.”

“sh*t, but we weren’t in that part of the club,” Santi said, knowing what the deal was. Andres must have admitted to being in the Alhambra, but not the stabbing itself, and Police would no doubt be listening in to the conversation.

“They’ve set my bail at $8000.”

“sh*t man, we don’t have that sort of money.”

“Don’t worry, I can take whatever they throw at me for now, but try get that money,” Andres mumbled, sounding miserable. “Well, I’ve ran out of change, I’ll be off now.”

The line went dead and Santiago, looking crestfallen, placed the receiver back on the phone. He let out a sigh of disappointment and, no doubt blaming himself for Andres’ arrest over a stabbing that he committed, headed up to his room without another word. The remaining three of us, Jorge, Raul and I, mulled over the latest development. The conversation soon turned to how we were going to come up with Andres’ bail money.

“Well, we’ve got that ounce of brown,” I mentioned, and Raul remembered the airtight bag of heroin in his pocket, which he threw down on the table obligingly.

“That won’t bring us $8000,” he informed us disappointedly.

“How about we sell it,” Jorge began with an excited look entering his face. “Then maybe we can muscle into some business?”

“What you got in mind holmes?”

“I dunno, some whores or dealers on the street,” Jorge continued. “We’ll see when we’ve got the money.”

It turned out Raul knew someone down on the docks who was a dealer, and owed him a favour. We all pulled on our sweaters and, after Santiago rejected our offer to come out with us, left the house. It was now about three in the morning. The black streets of Los Santos were robbed of all their familiarity as we weaved between the darkness, making our way to Ocean Docks, where Jorge and I had arrived months ago.

A huge, wrought-iron bridge spanned before us, and Raul led the car across and pulled up onto the pavement beyond. We waited in the night for a while, nothing but the dull monotone of the late-night talk show host to liven the atmosphere. I leant forwards from the back seat and switched it onto Radio Los Santos. The sounds of Cypress Hill reverberated around the car and I tapped along to the beat with my feet.

A heavy knock on the car window shocked me out of my rhythm and the three of us turned to look at the guffawing idiot who was staring through the back window. He waved his hand erratically at us and, after Raul’s beckoning, made his way around the car and clambered into the seat next to me. Jorge flicked off the sound and plunged us into expectant silence.

“Hey guys,” the man said, using a shaking hand to wipe away sweat from his brow. “What’s the occasion?”

“Wassup Earl?” Raul said from the front of the car, he leant around and shook hands with the jittering addict. “You know anyone after some heroin?”

“Heroin… heroin…” he replied, deep in thought and scratching at his lank, greasy hair. “How much you got? I might know someone whose after some brown, yeah.”

“An ounce, need to get rid of it pretty quickly,” I interjected.

“Okay, I’ll give a friend of mine a ring,” Earl decided. “He’s a user, big on heroin, especially Mexican mud. Head over to the park in Jefferson, I’ll have him head there.”

Raul started up the engine once again and we rolled off into the night, passing over the looming bridge. He headed up through Willowfield, past a few shady-looking women and then quickly through Ganton. Earl was on the phone to his contact, persuading him to get out of his bed in the early hours of the morning for a fix. Eventually, the man on the other end caved in to Earl’s arguments and said he’d be setting off to the park as soon as possible. We pulled up next to Jefferson Hospital and all exited the dank air of the car.

“Hey Earl,” the contact said. He was white, with a scruffy, unkempt beard. Short in stature and stick-thin, his clothes clung to him loosely with huge shreds ripped down them. His addiction was obvious. “Hey all.”

“How you doin’?” I asked and gave a nod of acknowledgement. “So, you got the money?”

“Yep, me and Earl are going halfers on it, that okay?” he dug out a wad of cash from his back pocket, counted it and then, deemed correct, slapped it down into my open palm.

“That’s $800, right?” Earl asked, reaching into the depths of his jeans for his share of the cash. “Here, count that. It should be $750.”

Jorge obliged and set to work counting the money. Once the correct amount was reached, he silently nodded to Raul to complete the transaction. Reaching into his pockets, Raul pulled out a box of cigarettes, a lighter, and then finally, the neat little bag of coarse brown powder. He dropped it lightly into Earl’s greedy hands and we gathered together and watched the two desperate addicts stalk off across the park and into the night. Money in hand, we set off for the car and back home.

---

My ounce of heroin has been sold, I believe it fetches me $1550. I hope you enjoyed it. Something big should be happening next chapter, if everything goes to plan.

Build Up Your Gang

WelcomeToLibertyCity: $40. Good chapter, you keep getting better and better. I would suggest injecting some action in there as this chapter was mainly dialogue. Very well written though, keep it up.

$3273 + $40 - $300 = $3013

---

mark-2007: $46. Great chapter as always, but the swear filter is not your friend. Try typing swears with the censor already in place so you don't lose capital letters at the beginning of sentences.

£1357 + $46 + $1550 = $2953

---

Masterkraft

Da Nang Boys

11th chapter

$48

$100 + $48 = $148

Incredible return to this BUYG, I couldn't stop reading once I got started, keep up the good work and I hope to see some more soon!

---

Rated and updated by Masterkraft and mark-2007

Omnia sunt Communia

The Yakuza at Hyaku Dojo

Chapter Ten: Party Like A Yakuza Star

The night air was cool and crisp. A slow wind whisked it's way between the towering trees of Liberty's concrete jungle, picking up pace as it made it's way northwards towards the large open district of Aspatria. The calming silence that engulfed the rest of the area was rocked by the sudden burst of cheering and chanting that came from Bush Stadium.

People lined up in their thousands outside the monumental structure. Each one grasped their ticket tightly between their sweaty fingers as the excitement began to mount around them. They all wore matching paraphernalia branded with the unforgettable "Love Fist" logo. A repeated chorus of the band's name rung out from the crowd as they queued patiently for their chance to see the rock legends in the flesh.

Hajime drove past the mass congregation of aging rock fans without little hesitation or concern. With his windows done-up tightly, he could hardly hear their emotionally charged cries of love and admiration over the booming punk rock that dominated his car stereo. He glanced over his shoulder at the queue as he rolled by and smirked to himself.

He piloted the car around the outside of the stadium before reaching the rear access. Bringing the Stinger to a stop along the roadside he stepped out of the vehicle with rucksack in hand. Making his way towards the door marked "STAGE ENTRANCE" he rapped his knuckles across the wooden panel and waited for a response.

The door open sharply and a burly man with a scraggly beard answered his call, "Can I help you?" he sneered, expecting another insane groupie or sociopathic stalker.

Hajime frowned, he did not like being addressed in such a fashion. He gritted his teeth and responded to the man as best he could. "I'm here to see Love Fist, I've got their stuff they ordered."

"Ah, you must be Hajime," the roadie's voice lightened, "Give the stuff to me, I'll make sure it gets to Love Fist."

"I want my money first."

"Of course, of course," he rooted around in his pocket and pulled out a large wad of money, throwing it at Hajime, "That should be everything."

Hajime passed the roadie his rucksack and without another word was left to face the door and the big red letters that permitted him from entering. Sighing heavily, Hajime made his way back to The Stinger. Before he could reach the car, however, the door opened again and the man leaned his head out:

"If you ever need any work, come see me, I'll hook you up!" he shouted.

Hajime nodded and continued back towards his car. Getting in he turned on the engine and drove off towards his apartment to end another night's work.

___

Yakuza sell 4 grams of Meth.

Motherstep

Character Profile:

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/4606/danangboys11te.jpg

(From Left To Right; Feathers, Nguyen, Nong)

Da Nang Boys

Easter Basin Docks

Chapter 12 - The Rise And Fall Of The Da Nang Boys

It was a dark hour for the Da Nang Boys. The fate and wellbeing of Feathers and Nong was speculated amongst the entire Da Nang community. When news choppers arrived on the scene, Nguyen and his boys were one of the first in San Fierro to tune into the horrific broadcast from the head offices at Easter Basin. Debris was cast on the vast oceans surrounding San Fierro and the air, usually tranquil, was now filled with the intoxicated aroma of smoke and pure fire. Not one word was spoken for an entire hour as new reports and developments constantly arose. It was only when Feathers and Nong themselves arrived at the Da Nang harbour that moods were lifted and hugs were spread. Soaking wet, exhausted and traumatised, the two simply stood emotionless, eyes fixated on the bridge, barely visible now smoke was chugging from the remains of the bridge.

"It's... gone. All of it."

Feathers words seemed to hit home with every single member of the Da Nang, who had seemingly forgotten or dismissed the impact this would have on activity. Weapon and drug smuggling would immediately seize up with rails disabled, and the terrorism alert would mean regular searches to anyone leaving or entering San Fierro.

For hours, the Da Nang spoke very little, occasional laughs shared over a few harsh drinks and many free-flowing games of poker. When their supplies ran low, Feathers and Nong retired to Nguyen's flat where Nguyen had prepared sofas for them to sleep in. Dedicated and loyal Da Nang Boys volunteered to stand guard in shifts to ensure that Feathers and Nong were not involved in any assassination attempts. However, morning crept over the gentle horizon of San Fierro and not one sound was heard through-out the night.

That morning, the Da Nang were surprisingly more vocal than they were the previous night. At noon, an entire gang roster meeting was held, with over thirty Da Nang Boys attending and many more listening in on specially tuned frequencies up town. Nong approached the rudimentary stand at the docks to address his friends and fellow gang members.

"We have two tasks, forced upon us by the fearsome and downright frightening terrorist attack last night. Whether the bridge was the target or the train itself was is under question and we'll probably never know, but we shall not stop until the jewel that is San Fierro is restored to it's former glory."

Agreed murmuring echoed around the troop, split into groups of five or six. Feathers nodded approvingly at Nguyen, both impressed by the young Nong's bravery and vocal skill. Even at the tender age of twenty two, Nong was leading his Da Nang Boys like they were his soldiers in command.

"You also know that me and Feathers were involved in a potentially fatal attack. We could have easily died."

Silence fell instantly, as if the Da Nang had dismissed the possibility of their primary leaders and friends dying at the hands of something so random and fiendish.

"We must find those responsible. The death of this one man who commited the crime is simply not enough, and whoever conspired this will perish under the rule of the Da Nang Boys!"

Nong's roar triggered yells of excitement and agreement. Feathers grinned widely at their dedication and loyalty. Nguyen simply nodded at Nong, impressed at his conviction.

"Tomorrow..." Nong went on, voice booming over the roars of Da Nang, "Tomorrow we fight the oppression!"

Build Up Your Gang

Right on brothers...

---

Jacky Fiend

Yakuza

10th story

$41

$58 + $41 = $99

Multiple of five story

$100

$99 + $100 = $199

4 grams of Crystal Meth sold

$560

$199 + $560 = $759

You chose a Cleaver as your free weapon

A bit on the short side, but quite a good read for what little there was.

---

Masterkraft

Da Nang Boys

12th story

$46

$148 + $46 = $194

Not much action in this one, but I think it was supposed to deal with the aftermath of the last chapter and prepare the next one. If so, good job!

---

Where's everyone else!? Just as we get an old-timer back, everyone esle has shied away. Come on! tounge2.gif

rated and updated by mark-2007

GunslingerRevolverOcelot

I'd like to write for the Russian Mafiya. Is that okay?

mark-2007
I'd like to write for the Russian Mafiya. Is that okay?

Yep fine, but you need to pick one of their properties to write at first.

GunslingerRevolverOcelot

OK, I'll pick the V-Rock Hotel.

mark-2007
OK, I'll pick the V-Rock Hotel.

Ah right, nice. Well, if you've read the rules then that's all there is to it. I'm looking forward to your first story.

GunslingerRevolverOcelot

Here's my first story. It isn't much, but this is my first story.

The year was 1992. That was a very good year. My name is Yuri. My family and I had left Russia when Gorbachev finally surrendered. We moved to Las Venturas. Maybe in America, I could find my fortune. I lived in a small house in Prickle Pine with my sister, Natalia. She was only 10, and she was frail. I had to get a job somewhere. My house was small and dank. The walls were gray and the floor was in gray carpet. The couch was worn-out and had dark grease stains. The chairs were rusty folding chairs. And the coffee table was a wooden railroad spool. The TV was on a wooden crate. And the nightstands were milk crates. It was ratty and worn down. Natalia was not a citizen, whereas I just applied for citizenship. So I had to get a job.

Looking in the Classifieds, I found out the V-Rock Hotel on the Las Venturas Strip was hiring. So I drove there. The bright lights were obnoxious and the buildings were massive. I entered the hotel. It was magnificent. Marble floors, red oriental rugs, and fine mahogany panels were all about. The walls were decorated with art and rock & roll memorablilia. I never cared for rock, bluegrass was my favorite. And so I walked up to the receptionist and asked "I came here for the job." and the receptionist, a 50-year old woman with a big nose and gray hair, said "Go down the hall two doors and go to the right. There's the meeting room. Mr. Yaroslav will see you." in her raspy voice.

I entered the dark room, decorated lightly. The only furniture were a long table and some chairs, as well as a nightstand with a lamp on it. There was a man with Soviet Military Attire, a black coat, a white dress shirt, black ties, black and red officer's cap, and medals. He said "My name is Sergei Yaroslav, former KGB. I own this hotel, having defected in the 1970's and seeking refuge in the United States. What is your name? And why do you want to work here?"

I said "My name is Yuri Androssov. I'm only 19, and I must support my sister. She is young and cannot get a job. I am desperate for money and will do any job you want. Please give me this job. I can't go back to Russia. My sister and I came here for opportunity. And we need this job to support ourselves."

Sergei said in his smooth Russian accent, "Okay, you have convinced me. You have the job. You'll be a general assistant. In other words, an errand boy. But the pay is good. And you'll be much better off then if you stayed in the Motherland. Goodbye, Comrade Androssov."

And so I drove off to the house, to find Natalia sleeping on the dingy gray couch, cuddling her panda bear doll. I kissed her forehead and went to sleep in the dark and cramped bedroom.

Build Up Your Gang

GunslingerRevolverOcelot

Russian Mafia

• Added to
V-Rock Hotel

1st Story:

+$19

Very poor first story. There's a lot of word repetitions. When you're describing something, it's always "The blank was blank. The blank was blank." And when you're describing actions, it's always "I did this. I did this." Dull and repetitive.

$100 + $19 = $119

rated and updated by Jacky Fiend

GunslingerRevolverOcelot

Sorry, it is my first story. I'll do better next time.

marlord911
marlord911

Grove Street Families

1st (11th) story

$44

$1770 + $44 = $1814

I'm not sure if I missed your last few stories, but from what I remember, you've improved tremendously. Great story there. If there's one thing that I would fault you on, it's that you need to break up dialogue. Try inserting the "CJ asked" kind of bit in the middle of it, and break the dialogue up with a comma. Like... "What's crackin' man?" asked CJ, folding his green flag and placing it in his pocket proudly. "Fancy grabbing a beer at the Ten Green Bottles?"... much better.

thanks BUYG for advice, i understand that the dialogue Sounds better this way.

Working on another installment, expect it soon! biggrin.gif

radicell

I was just reading the BUYG topics over 3 years ago, and look at what we have now.

The staff are still working on improved gang wars rules. Nice to see the rackets/businesses up - however, in my opinion, they should vary a little. Right now, the ratio of Building Price : Asset Price : Money per Asset is always 40:10:1 for all the assets. I think there should be some variation in this, perhaps a 40:10:1.5 or 40:12:1 or even 38:10:1, or something like that. It's fine the way it is now, but there's so many different rackets/businesses and there's really no difference between buying this one and that one - except for the initial starting price, you'll earn profit at the same rate. I think all assets should have an "edge" of their own: some assets should have a lower building price; some should have a lower asset price, and some should have a higher money per asset. This way, we could have a nice variety of assets being purchased when the gangs start to get rich.

EDIT: A suggestion for a new property for San Fierro Triads (since they only have 2, while most others have >3): How about the garage that you drive the target car to during Ran Fa Li? It's somewhere around Esplanade East, I'll have to play the mission again to find out.

Edited by radicell

Flesh-n-Bone
EDIT: A suggestion for a new property for San Fierro Triads (since they only have 2, while most others have >3): How about the garage that you drive the target car to during Ran Fa Li? It's somewhere around Esplanade East, I'll have to play the mission again to find out.

Damn you beat me to it. I thought about this lock up as a place to write at. Also the Diablos have only 2 properties as well, but there are no other places they are actually seen owning, maybe the Red Light District pay 'n spray since many gang members are seen wandering around.

Also the SF Triads can have Chinatown as a property too.

radicell
Also the SF Triads can have Chinatown as a property too.[/color]

Yep, but that's a bit broad, it's like saying "Ganton" for Groves or "El Corona" for Aztecas.

Perhaps Chinatown Alley, where the Blood Feather Triad were slaughtered?

Flesh-n-Bone
Yeah that goes well too, I think. Also how do the Forelli's own Malibu Club? I thought it belongs to the Vercetti's as well as the pole position in Ocean Beach.

Stefan.
Yeah that goes well too, I think. Also how do the Forelli's own Malibu Club? I thought it belongs to the Vercetti's as well as the pole position in Ocean Beach.

I think it got bought by someone writing for the Forellis.

mark-2007

I think it got bought by someone writing for the Forellis.

No, I think we actually put in the Vercetti Gang, and prior to that, his properties were distributed through various gangs. Then we put in the Vercetti Gang, and there were a lot of properties for them, so a few were left to the gangs we'd assorted. Although it does look odd.

As for new properties: any gang with two assets, I think just the SF Triads and Diablos, need at least three. You seem to have the Triads' one sorted: the garage in Ran Fa Li mission, or the alleyway where loadsa them are massacred. The Diablos could be the Pay 'n' Spray, as Flesh suggested, or we could have split Hepburn Heights Projects into Hepburn Heights Projects East and West.

Trouble

In this story I'll buy 1 Ounce of heroin (870$)

Grove Street Families

Chapter 12- White gold

11 :59 AM

I was at my home reading some magazines and watching TV on my couch.

In one of the magazines I was reading, there was an article there about drug dealing:

“They buy or make drugs and sell it for higher prices making a fortune out of it...” I read what it was in the article.

“They really must make a great fortune out of it, I could try it but the problem are the cops...F*ck it! There’s always one time for everything!”I said to my self.

I got out of the couch and got some money I had in my bedroom and changed my Grove Street green clothes to a grey shirt and black jeans,I got out of the house and headed to the Glendale that was in front of Sweet’s house.

While on my way to the car CJ saw me and asked me:

“Hey Mike, where are you going? And why you don’t have your Grove green clothes?”

“I was just going...Huh... To see Cesar at is home!”I said.

“Can I go?” Asked CJ to me.

“No, I’m going to take some Aztecas whit me to a war whit another gang”I said.

“I can go in other car and help you and Cesar” Replied CJ.

“Better not, we don’t wan’t to get in a war whit those guys to, that’s why I’m not wearing green clothes!”I said to CJ.

After making all that sh*t up I got in the car and started driving to Ocean Docks to see if there was any drug dealer around there, I didn’t want to do it in Grove Street territory because I think that they don’t support drugs in any way.

When I got there, I didn’t see anyone acting suspicious like a drug dealer.

Suddenly my phone started ringing and I picked up.

“Who is this?” I asked to the anonymous caller.

“I have what you want, meet me behind RS Haul.Make sure nobody sees you.”He said.

He said that he had what I wanted so I started to think that he was a drug dealer.

When I arrived I parked the car in front of the gas station next to RS Haul, I slowly got out of the car and picked up my silenced pistol, I was looking around if there was someone and I walked to the back of the building and there was a man there whit a mask in is face and some normal clothes and a black Infernus next to I’m. I walked to him and asked if he was the guy that was calling me, he answered:

“Yes I am, and I think that you are interested in making some business.”He said to me.

“Actually I am, but how do you know that I was looking for buying drugs?”I asked a little confused about the situation.

“I know you since the day you joined Grove Street Families, however I am not part of any gang in this country and I will not tell you my identity, for now...So, tell me what you want to buy”Said the anonymous man.

“What can I get for 870 bucks?” I asked to him while getting the cash out of my wallet.

“Is this good?” He said while getting the drugs out of the trunk of is car.

“Sh*t! That’s more than enough, I’ll buy it.”I said very impressed whit the amount of drugs he had.

“Ok, here you go. Be careful whit that and stash it someplace safe. If I ever need you, I’ll call.” He said.

“Thanks man, here, take the cash, whenever you need me I’ll be there.”I said while handing over the money to him.

He got in is Infernus and got out of there, I did the same.

I didn’t got any problems whit the cop getting back home.

I hided it in the little basement of my house and got some food and try sell it later.

-----------------------------------

I'll now sell the drugs in my next story (1 Ounce of heroin , sell- 1550$)

-----------------------------------

Grove Street Families

Chapter 13- Making a fortune

2:30 PM

I had buy the drugs from that anonymous dealer and now I had to sell it, I thought it was the easy part, the problem now was getting a buyer, this time I decided to look around Los Flores, Glen Park or Temple.

I finished eating in the Cluckin’ Bell south from Grove Street, I got out of the building and headed to my home, when I got there I opened the door and CJ got out of is house and walked to me.

“Hey homie can I come in?” Asked CJ.

“Sure, I have to tell you something.”I said to CJ.

I entered my house and CJ to and we sit on the sofa.

“I was thinking if I should tell you this but...I’m dealing drugs.”I said to CJ.

“Really!? That’s cool”Said CJ.

“What? I thought that we don’t support drugs in the ‘hood”I said to CJ.

“In some ways we don’t, you can’t give them or sell it to GSF members but you can buy and sell or make it.”Said CJ to me.

“Good,see I buy lots of it but I don’t know where to sell it now, can you help me?”I asked CJ.

“Of course, you can sell it to some Ballas, they are always whit that sh*t, but you have to go alone and disguised so they don’t know that you are from Grove.”Said CJ to me.

“Ok, thanks, I better get moving.”I said to CJ.

CJ got out of my house and I started loading the drugs to the Glendale to sell it to some Ballas.

After getting all the drugs in to the car I started driving to Glen Park to sell it.

When I got there, I saw only one Balla under the bridge in Glen Park, I parked my car right there close to the bridge and got out.

“Hey homie, I have some wicked stuff in my car do you want to buy it?”I asked to the Balla gang member.

“How do I know I can trust you? Do you gang bang?” He asked.

I’m just a dealer and I don’t gang bang either. So do you want to make this sh*t or what?”I said to the guy.

Well, alright, I’m running low on that sh*t. What do you have there?”.

I opened the car’s trunk and showed I’m the drugs.

“That’s cool homie, is this good enough for all of that?”He said while getting lots of cash out of is pocket.

“Yeah, here, take that”Said I giving I’m the drugs

He handed over the cash to me, but a cop that was walking by there saw us and started shooting, I quickly got in my car and returned to the Grove safe and whit a lot of money.

Stefan.

What the hell happened to one story a day? notify.gif

Nonetheless, I'll mark it.

Build Up Your Gang

OK, I'm marking it as one story, not two.

----------

Trouble

12th Story

+$680 through drug deal

+$15 for story

Some of the things that the characters say seem too unrealistic, and I think that you need to use a dictionary or thesauras whle writing, 'cause the story lacks adjectives. Nonetheless, I see that English isn't your first language, so I'm being a bit lenient. confused.gif

----------

Marked by Stefan.

Edit by radicell:

Property Added to Diablos:

Red Light District Pay'n'Spray

Properties Added to San Fierro Triads:

Ran Fa Li's Lockup

Chinatown Alley