4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The First Screenshots

VictorVance2006

biggjoshvicecitygangsta
http://www.gamekyo.com/news29038_grand-the...st-screens.html (http://www.gamekyo.com/news29038_grand-the...st-screens.html) (http://www.gamekyo.com/news29038_grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-first-screens.html)

I don't really like them myself as i think seeing oncoming traffic will suck, but hey...we'll have to wait and see. The cell shaded looked is pretty awsome for a DS game I must point out. biggrin.gif

i saw the screen shots i think the game look's cool icon14.gif

Gta on the ds eh? Looks nice and I just hope it plays good making it one of those games you can come back to every so often. Can't wait till theres a video showing the gameplay. This game is a definite buy for me.

wow, the game look really good for a ds. My friend has a ds and i hope he gets this so i can play it.

You little sponger! tounge2.gif

Vicecitystories
dude, it takes a sh*tload of work to code anything for the DS. The game is 3D, so don't even start.

The game is semi-3d. It has taken 800,000 Lines of code to make it all work though. HAND DONE! sarcasm.gif

Too bad I don't have a DS anymore sad.gif

There are lot of Emualator for the Nintendo DS and it's not illegal to have it, but it's illegal to play NDS Roms from the Internet

cold fusion 33

I am liking those graphics, they seem very original and innovative, and they are very different from anything else I have seen on a DS before, and that gets my vote entirely icon14.gif.

You can only (Legally) use a Nintendo DS emulator IF:

You own a Nintendo DS

You own the game you are emulating on a legal form of media, the game cartridge itself basically...

Anything other than that is illegal. Either way, do not talk too much of emulators here, GTA.NET does not take kindly to their discussion...

CF33

dude, it takes a sh*tload of work to code anything for the DS. The game is 3D, so don't even start.

The game is semi-3d. It has taken 800,000 Lines of code to make it all work though. HAND DONE! sarcasm.gif

Semi 3D??? if you can go UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, FORWARD & BACKWARDS, then it is FULL 3D.

Please learn the definition of the term 3D.

3D is 6 directions plus combination of the 6.

Now angles and views are a whole other argument, but please learn the definition of 3D. And stop being stupid.

lordjubblydave

Its 2.5d like the tony hawks games on gameboy advance but the camera is not fixed The uk games mag edge has a three page special report on this game

I must say, the screens look sh*t. Rockstar should work on ''GTA: Los Santos Stories'' or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...
This game is complete garbage. I can tell by those screenshots.

just the first screen shots and you already gave it a bad reviews. i mean come on for me graphics is 2nd game play is 1st. i mean GTA 2 i find is a little bit better than vice city its a classic. and this game is ds but there has been games that look extremely better than this (call of duty 4). and some worse (star wars revenge of the sith.) i say wait for game play footage before you say its s**t. Take these screen shots as beta as well who nows they could change it in the next month or two or look a little better. turn.gif

I must say, the screens look sh*t. Rockstar should work on ''GTA: Los Santos Stories'' or something similar.

you mean a GTA:SA stories thats a pretty good idea they pretty much did all of the games for the psp like vice city and liberty city. as well they should consider GTA IV for the psp that would get alot of sales (since its for windows,360 and ps3)

Grand Theft Auto Dude
as well they should consider GTA IV for the psp that would get alot of sales (since its for windows,360 and ps3)

Wow, you are one of the dumbest people I have ever seen on these forums.

Well done.

you mean a GTA:SA stories thats a pretty good idea they pretty much did all of the games for the psp like vice city and liberty city. as well they should consider GTA IV for the psp that would get alot of sales (since its for windows,360 and ps3)

PSP Fanboys sometimes make me want to hide my handheld. Can the DS owner enjoy GTA or is just for PSP??? What is with this attitude that only PSP deserves GTA?

I'm gone for two minutes and BAM! The negative b*stards are flooding this thread with their bullsh*t again. Good times sarcasm.gif .

• 4 weeks later...

If they made GTA Chinatown Wars for Nintendo Wii, I would buy. Since this is exclusive to Nintendo DS, I'll pass on this one.

Yeah... I agree with you on that one sarcasm.gif . Rockstar is not going to focus making two completely different games by the name of Chinatown Wars. they are probably already focusing on the next sequel after Chinatown Wars.

kietotheworld

I think they should try to put San Andreas on the Game Boy Advance.

All you haters can suck my words! The game looks amazing for DS i don't own a DS not even Nintendo, never had one but will buy one because it is going to be more complex and many more feats than the PSP version!

Plus i love point of view and how the camera is. And if you can do mini games non stop, like drug dealing like in drug wars.

Drunk Russian 9

I am going to steal my little brother's DS to play this.

Looks pretty darn cool especially this shot

user posted image

It looks like the camera moves with the direction of the player too, awesome.

^^^^That shot

looks very cool. If I had a DS Id buy it. The scanned images were dissappointing at first but its starting to fit together and look good.

I was thinking of getting a pre-owned DS lite before, maybe I will get one for this.

This game looks GrEaT......f*ck all haters!

I love the last screenshot! Its bad that i dont have a DS!

Yeah i don't have a DS too. But i'm gonna buy one after NY (new year) or after my birthday (11 february). Cheers

P.S I thought it was gonna suck hard. But now i realize that this game gonna ROCK hard! icon14.gif I can't wait to play it on a DS or emulator. cookie.gif

user posted image

For some reason, this screenshot reminds me of GTAIII a lot. And I'm liking it. I'm waiting eagerly for this... There's only so many times you can play through all the Ace Attorney games before you get bored with them... A GTA would be a nice change of pace.

doesn't look like my cup of tea... but that doesn't mean it's bad either. I personally could never get into the old top down GTAs, but I know a lot of people did like them, and this seems to be the ultimate version of those. I like that it takes place in the GTAIVerse and that it deals with the Triads... but not having all the witty dialogue and better graphics is a major blow in my opinion...

i mean i assume it doesn't have long parts of dialogue and what not, does it?

user posted image

Yeah I like that, it almost looks neo-noir or something.

Definitely going to pick this one up, should keep me entertained on the bus.

GTA-Mods-For-Life

The game itself is looking great and I agree with Kyle. People for ages have been defending GTA for it's bad graphics (excluding GTA4) And now they're complaining about a GTA game having bad graphics. confused.gif I don't get it.

The minigames look fun, might buy the game, then play it on an emu. After all, Rockstar deserves the money.

• 12 years later...
chemicaleats

wow some people really hated this game when it didn't even came out lol the game itself is fun and it's not a GTA 2 ripoff, it's a very awesome game and yes, not as good as the other titles BUT it's still good 

• Like 2