3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Glitch?

HASSARD1994

I was playing GTA: Vice City quite a while ago. Vice City gamers will know you need to buy all the buisness's in Vice city to unlock the final two missions. Well, i just finished the Print Works missions when i got a call detailing me with the last two missions! I also read in the guide that you also need 60% of possible assets, but i only had around 52%!?!!!

Also, i found killing Sonny Forelli really easy cry.gif

Could somebody please clear this up for me?

You oly actually need to complete five property assets, including the print works, as opposed to completing all of them. So the guide you read is clearly inaccurate and, simple put, bullsh*t.

Also, i found killing Sonny Forelli really easy

you're a good VC player. rolleyes.gif

I will...

The guide you read is wrong.

To unlock the final missions you need:

1. The vercetti missions all done (mansion generating cash)

2. Printworks missions done (printworks generating cash)

3. Any other 5 assets done (generating cash)-- you do not need to purchase the remaining 2 assets either...

The % done has nothing to do with anything-- you can complete the story with as little as 22% of the game done if you do the absolute minimum... don't purchase any extra properties, don't do any side missions, don't collect hidden packages, do rampages, or jumps as they all add to your % done.

Just an FYI-- Avery's, Cuban, Haitian, Love Fist, Mitch Baker, Phil missions are not required to complete the story-- also Cortez's final mission (All hands on Deck) is not required either.

Oh, thanks guys that really helped colgate.gif

I did buy the guide of eBay but that's probably not why it is inaccurate smile.gif Okay then, thanks once again biggrin.gif I thought i had a faulty game lol

EDIT: Also, i might add, i found killing Lance Vance Dance (lol) very easy aswell but "the guide" said he was quite a challenge confused.gif

EDIT: Also, i might add, i found killing Lance Vance Dance (lol) very easy aswell but "the guide" said he was quite a challenge confused.gif

Obviously, the guy who wrote that guide sucks at playing the game. tounge.gif

I find it strange that you purchased a guide when you can find more accurate and better guides on the internet for free. I use Google and it yields fantastic results, not to mention you always have GTAForums. wink.gif

EDIT: Also, i might add, i found killing Lance Vance Dance (lol) very easy aswell but "the guide" said he was quite a challenge  confused.gif

Obviously, the guy who wrote that guide sucks at playing the game. tounge.gif

I find it strange that you purchased a guide when you can find more accurate and better guides on the internet for free. I use Google and it yields fantastic results, not to mention you always have GTAForums. wink.gif

I never thought of that at the time. I origionally was playing it on the PC (wow, thought it was the best game ever at the time) and got stuck on the mission where Lance was kidnapped, it drove me soo mad i just bought the guide and it in general was fantastic help to me but obviously a few details were abit off sad.gif

Thats why i always left the Malibu to the last asset that i bought, because it was the most expensive when you actually didnt really need it and then you could afford a few smaller business.

OT the guy/s that wrote that guide must of worded it wrong or actually made a pretty huge mistake. Just out of curiosty who was the company or man that had written the guide?

Thats why i always left the Malibu to the last asset that i bought, because it was the most expensive when you actually didnt really need it and then you could afford a few smaller business.

OT the guy/s that wrote that guide must of worded it wrong or actually made a pretty huge mistake. Just out of curiosty who was the company or man that had written the guide?

Brandygames published the guide. It in general was a very helpful guide and without it, i probably wouldn't have completed the game blush.gif

Brandygames published the guide. It in general was a very helpful guide and without it, i probably wouldn't have completed the game blush.gif

Oh, the infamous Brady Games guide. I'm yet to see one being published for GTA without any errors. It's good strategy-wise, but the mistakes kinda kill the fun.

Oh, the infamous Brady Games guide. I'm yet to see one being published for GTA without any errors. It's good strategy-wise, but the mistakes kinda kill the fun.

Yeah, good guide, but yeah, the mistakes do kill the fun somewhat, but not fully smile.gif

Yeah, good guide, but yeah, the mistakes do kill the fun somewhat, but not fully smile.gif

Ahh i was just wondering becaue i got a Brady Games guide for GTA IV and it was very helpful during the stroyline missions. However i am yet to find a mistake in it so far but then again i aint really looked at it since i finished IV. Those guys do create some good guides even though they may contain some mistakes.

VC was fairly non linear so easy to make that mistake-- I don't know how they determined some of the stuff in there... though.... most frequent mistakes repeated from the Brady guide...

1. Malibu required for final missions.

2. You need to spend $600 at strip club to complete it (it is actually $300)

To me, the guide kind of take away from playing the game-- I hate to even look up any specific mission help-- I'd rather figure it out myself and I find it a challenge to see how much of the game I can complete without any help....

I still haven't looked in the GTA IV section (other then the multiplayer section) as I don't want to know anything-- I'm done with the story in IV but still haven't got 100% since I find the Multiplayer so enjoyable, it is hard to go back and try to figure out all the little side stuff

I completed VC about 76% without guide, III about 89%, SA about 80%, LCS 94%-- I have since got 100% in each of those. For VCS I still haven't given up (although I haven't played it in quite a while), I'm still stuck at about 96%--- I have some jumps, rampages, hidden ____ and possibly a few sides left-- I can handle not finding the jumps and hidden things... rampages irritate me in that they are hard to miss and I feel I've been everywhere in the city looking for them in VC....

Edited by Spuds725
VC was fairly non linear so easy to make that mistake-- I don't know how they determined some of the stuff in there... though.... most frequent mistakes repeated from the Brady guide...

1. Malibu required for final missions.

2. You need to spend $600 at strip club to complete it (it is actually $300)

To me, the guide kind of take away from playing the game-- I hate to even look up any specific mission help-- I'd rather figure it out myself and I find it a challenge to see how much of the game I can complete without any help....

I still haven't looked in the GTA IV section (other then the multiplayer section) as I don't want to know anything-- I'm done with the story in IV but still haven't got 100% since I find the Multiplayer so enjoyable, it is hard to go back and try to figure out all the little side stuff

I completed VC about 76% without guide, III about 89%, SA about 80%, LCS 94%-- I have since got 100% in each of those. For VCS I still haven't given up (although I haven't played it in quite a while), I'm still stuck at about 96%--- I have some jumps, rampages, hidden ____ and possibly a few sides left-- I can handle not finding the jumps and hidden things... rampages irritate me in that they are hard to miss and I feel I've been everywhere in the city looking for them in VC....

I only ever got the guide for Vice City because this one mission was bugging me SOOOOO bad i just had to figure out how to do it, so i bought the guide. So far, i havn't needed a guide for the GTA III missions and i completed the GTA IV missions quite a while ago with no help what so ever colgate.gif