Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,501 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
attybrian

instant 6 stars?

attybrian

I was near the original safehouse, driving north and turning east after two blocks. It was nighttime, and in the middle of the road, apparantly for no reason, was a pedestrian wearing a long brownish coat and carrying a pistol. I thought this was very weird that he was armed for no reason, so I did the Christian thing and ran him over. INSTANTLY I was hit with 6 stars! Has anyone had this happen? I've played the whole game through 2 times and cannot figure it out. HELP!

Mr. Someguy

Congradulations, you ran over the President.

yomomsmokes420

I'm calling bull on this topic. I doubt some "guy with a gun" gave him 6 stars.

attybrian

If that is the extent of your help, keep it to yourself. I didn't waste my time writing this just for kicks. I asked for suggestions because it was a curious event. What would be my motivation for making this up? The glory? I would hope the purpose of this forum would be to provide guidance, not just to have some toolbox leave an empty-headed response like yours.

p.s.--I really liked your tips attached to your sig---your comment was SO MUCH more content-laden.

yomomsmokes420

If that is the extent of your help, keep it to yourself. I didn't waste my time writing this just for kicks. I asked for suggestions because it was a curious event. What would be my motivation for making this up? The glory? I would hope the purpose of this forum would be to provide guidance, not just to have some toolbox leave an empty-headed response like yours.

p.s.--I really liked your tips attached to your sig---your comment was SO MUCH more content-laden.

I just doubt that killing one guy would give you six stars. If you were in that cop place or w/e in Algonquin, then going in there gives 4 stars. You mighta confused 4 with 6, but I don't know.

I like the second part of my sig. lol.gif Which are you? I'm stubborn, as you can already see.

Annorax
I was near the original safehouse, driving north and turning east after two blocks. It was nighttime, and in the middle of the road, apparantly for no reason, was a pedestrian wearing a long brownish coat and carrying a pistol. I thought this was very weird that he was armed for no reason, so I did the Christian thing and ran him over. INSTANTLY I was hit with 6 stars! Has anyone had this happen? I've played the whole game through 2 times and cannot figure it out. HELP!

No, no, this is actually possible. His memory sucks, but it's possible.

When I first started my first playthrough of the game and was doing the first Roman taxi mission (the one where you meet Mallorie and Michelle), I picked up the bat from behind the subway station before picking the girls up. After dropping them off, I was on my way back to the station and saw a black guy in a brown trenchcoat and suit walking down the street. I do the Christian thing, get out of Roman's Taxi, get my bat out, and take a swing at him hoping he's rich enough to drop a bunch of money when he dies. He doesn't fall over, says something like "You done f*cked up boy, you're messing with the feds now" and I get an instant 5 stars. He then pulls a pistol (coulda been a Desert Eagle, I was new to GTA and couldn't tell the difference) and blows my friggin' head off right as a NOOSE Patriot rounds the corner, lining up to run me over. I couldn't stop laughing at this, and had to wonder if they put that FIB guy in as an anti-racist statement or something. I've run over, beat up, and knifed plenty of those black guys in brown trenchcoats and suits and never gotten 5 stars from them since, so I'm not sure how exactly that happened or how often it's supposed to. It's odd, though.

JimGreen

I was going to post this question weeks ago, but I forgot.

My story took place on the east side of Algonquin.

I stole a car, had a one star level, and just figured I'd speed away from the cops. I was cruising north and someone or something I hit immediately blasted me to a six star level. I do not know what the hell happened.

I was hunted like an animal. Although I ran like a mutha f*cka, I was shot and killed at the water's edge in northern Algonquin.

Hey, if I wanted to lie, I'd come up with something better than riding the coattails of some other guy's thread.

ikt

I've never had it yet. Damn, where is that guy? I want to get 6 stars without having to waste bullets. tounge.gif

yomomsmokes420
I was going to post this question weeks ago, but I forgot.

My story took place on the east side of Algonquin.

I stole a car, had a one star level, and just figured I'd speed away from the cops. I was cruising north and someone or something I hit immediately blasted me to a six star level. I do not know what the hell happened.

I was hunted like an animal. Although I ran like a mutha f*cka, I was shot and killed at the water's edge in northern Algonquin.

Hey, if I wanted to lie, I'd come up with something better than riding the coattails of some other guy's thread.

I know there's some building in Algonquin close to your safehouse that gets you 4 stars when you go near it. Maybe it glitched and gave you 6? Or the one-star you already had somehow boosted it?

Rambo_Augusta

i was randomly killing cops on a normal cop spree and wanted level jumped from 4 to 6 i was like cool

Drakelet

ROFL!!

Yeah, very strange. I'm gonna see if I can dig anything up (only got the game a couple days ago).

TinCan

i was randomly killing cops on a normal cop spree and wanted level jumped from 4 to 6 i was like cool

This happened to me today as well, but I believe it jumped from 3 to 6 stars after I killed one of the officers with a long coat.

Steelwulfe

possibly the result of killing a federal agent. The building near the the algonquin safe house appears to be the local FIB office from what I saw of it as I wandered in and instantly got 5 stars!!

Niteye

I was in a cabbie running over cops trying to get at my door, gotten from 1 to 2 stars and then I hit what i think was a cop shooting at me and got an instant six stars aswell.

WaterGolem

So, by original safehouse, do you mean in Broker? Cause that means it couldn't be due to the FIB headquarters thingy. Either way that's some weird stuff, but easily believable. I was so doubtful of that in-game internet site that gives instant 5-stars, but that exists, so I'm with you OP. The hunt begins! Come on someone, get video footage! colgate.gif

drunkenmonk

I see monocle.gif them sometimes near the U.L.paper building and government buildings sly.gif courts police stations donut shops tounge2.gif strip clubs....hmmm makes sence.DO NOT get into a shoot out near them(while in a mission)sometimes there is more than one! you shoot 1 like the gangs and drugdealers they will all shoot back! suicidal.gif .FIB kills=5 to 6 stars....sometimes wow.gif

Rockyorock

this is weird im gonna try look for this tomorrow.

Chargr

Yeah, finally something good to search for. smile.gif

Gonna check it out tomorrow.

LOL!

33stradale

you must have escaped a high * rating before then ran over one of the fib people who drive the buffalo, or it could be a random glitch (i once got 6* while drifting on a beach in alderny notify.gif )

@someguy: why would the president think he's neo, only fed agents can pull off the neo look (and me of course cool.gif )

DanManUtd

I don't think these lot are lying, because I was in the Star Junction (finding targets for the Algonquin Assassins) and a came across a guy exactly matching those below's descriptions. Although I didn't kill kill him, I returned a few times later. He never appeared again (and yes peds do appear again and again in the same place).

And I think I have a picture of him somewhere...

EDIT: Found it. And It matches the above's descriptions.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7161/dsc00208za0.jpg

Edited by DanManUtd

Ermac

Ok, I know this is an old thread, but you can see this clearly happen at the 45:00 mark in this video.

The weapon he appears to be carrying is a Desert Eagle as well.

dansgas1000
Ok, I know this is an old thread, but you can see this clearly happen at the 45:00 mark in this video.

The weapon he appears to be carrying is a Desert Eagle as well.

Thats interesting/creepy wow.gif

Pyrrhic

Seriously,why would you bump a four year old thread?

At least make a NEW thread.