Deus Ex 3

Drunk Russian 9

I must not watch anymore. I love the original Deus Ex and this looks great. Invisible War was frustrating but Human Revolution looks like a return to form. The character animation is rather, shall we say, old school, but for once I'm OK with a video game wanting to look like a video game rather than a movie. I'm happy original villain Bob Page is back and sounds like the original voice actor too.

• 4 weeks later...
Adam Jensen

This is going to be so sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on this game. My first playthrough will definitely be stealthy.

I was tossing up between this and RAGE, and I think this just won.

What kind of preorder bonuses do I get if I preorder? Can someone hook me up please?

awesome, thanks. I'm going to try to get the Augmented edition though, cause that one looks awesome.

G The Generous

damn,those trailers look awesome (too bad there are some scene really could spoiler the whole plot cry.gif )

i've been a hardcore fan of Deus Ex 1,but Invisible War is really ruin the franchise because gameplay change and ugly character model,at least the enviroment as level design was really good.

i have watched some... leaked video on youtube about gameplay and it was awesome so far,very similar with the first best Deus Ex,not thing similar to Invisible War. haven't play the game yet but i'm sure this game will rock and bring back us the great atmosphere of the first Deus Ex icon14.gif

still got no ideas why many modern player claim this game suck,as they claim Rage,FEAR3,... too whatsthat.gif .damn, i wish this game wouldn't receive any stupid COD compare review just like Duke Forever and F.3.A.R

Edited by badboy_zay

This is going to be so sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on this game. My first playthrough will definitely be stealthy.

I'll be taking a combat approach in my first playthru

...but I'll definitely be going for the achievement where you have to complete the game without killing anyone. Here's some of the achievements (the rest are secret achievements)

-Acquaintances Forgotten

Follow Pritchard's lead to uncover the truth. 10 points

-Bar Tab

Help the Hive Bartender settle a tab. 10 points

-Cloak & Daggers

Deal with the man in the shadows. 10 points

-Consciousness is Over-rated

Knock out 100 enemies in a single playthrough. 15 points

-Corporate Warfare

Protect a client's interests by performing a less-than-hostile takeover. 10 points

-Deus Ex Machina

Experience all the different endings that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has to offer. 50 points

-Doctorate

Read all 29 unique XP books within a single playthrough. 50 points

-First Hack

Perform your first Hack successfully. 5 points

-First Takedown

Perform your first Takedown. Civilians don't count, so be nice. 5 points

-Foxiest of the Hounds

Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without setting off any alarms. 100 points

-Gun Nut

Fully upgrade one of your weapons. 20 points

-Hax0r1!

Successfully hack 50 devices within the same playthrough. 15 points

-Legend

Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution at its hardest setting without ever changing the difficulty. 100 points

-Lesser Evil

Deal with Mr. Carella's indiscretion. 10 points

-Motherly Ties

Put a grieving mother's doubts to rest. 10 points

-Opportunist

Perform 50 takedowns within the same playthrough. (Civilians don't count.) 15 points

-Pacifist

Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anyone dying by your hand. (Boss fights don't count.) 100 points

-Shanghai Justice

It may take some sleuthing, but justice must be served. 10 points

-Rotten Business

Help a lady in the oldest of professions clean house. 10 points

-Smash the State

Help Officer Nicholas take out the trash. 10 points

-Talion A.D.

Descend into the bowels of an urban jungle and confront a warrior-priest. 10 points

-Transhumanist

Fully upgrade your first augmentation of choice. 5 points

-Trooper

Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution. 50 points

-Up the Ante!

Upgrade your first weapon of choice. 15 points

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

Adam Jensen

I think this will be better than original Deus Ex. I'm not big on nostalgia. I can judge a game objectively. The inventory system and augmentation upgrades seem to be very intuitive. It doesn't look dumbed down at all. This combat video proved that guns feel and sound right. Which is all one can ask from guns. Stealth videos I watched also look cool. Everything I've seen so far suggest that this will be a masterpiece. I know there will be people who will never admit that anything is better than the original Deus Ex, but seriously, I'm yet to find a single design flaw in this game for PC version. And I hear it's going to support Dx11. Is that correct?

PC version:

DX11 - with tesselation

3D

AMD eyefinity - with support for up to 5 screens

Unique UI - tailored to the platform

Unique AI - because it's easy to shoot enemies with a mouse.

just preordered this, as well as Driver San Fran. Can't wait cool.gif

is anyone else getting the Augmented edition?

is anyone else getting the Augmented edition?

Collectors for me. Couldn't resist. blush.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

I'm getting just the "Explosive Mission Pack" which is free if you pre-order at GAME.

I think it's the pre-order bonus for all retailers. I definitely prefer that.

scMmGsh.jpg

I tried out the leaked preview, and this is definitely a game worth buying.

Hell, I'm gonna buy the Augmented Edition.

Adam Jensen

Fuuuuck. That's awesome.

Anyway guys, if human augmentation existed, and if it were like in Deus Ex, would you be on the side of purists?

Fuuuuck. That's awesome.

Anyway guys, if human augmentation existed, and if it were like in Deus Ex, would you be on the side of purists?

Hmm, that's a tough one.

If it requires the drug and other such things, then I'll be on the purists' side.

If not, then I'll be all for augmentation for people who need it.

By the way, have you guys seen this?

It's a big leap from having something to enable you to pick up a cup of coffee, to having a Gattling gun or retractable blades of death fitted on your arm.

I think once that happens the rest of humanity would turn purist.

G The Generous

yeah.something big probably would happen in the end.

because you might already knew if you have played Deus Ex 1.everything is back to normal,but then... gray death coming

f*ck, I'd get augmented in a second, just think of all the benefits!

because you might already knew if you have played Deus Ex 1.everything is back to normal,but then... gray death coming

It wasn't really 'back to normal'. Technology had just made a leap, from the obviously visible 'gen 1' mechanical augmentations to nano-augmentations.

f*ck, I'd get augmented in a second, just think of all the benefits!

This used to be my mindset too but this new 'mandatory drug' they've introduced that your body becomes dependent on to not reject the augmentations.. Not so sure any more.

Of course, it's a bit of an obvious plot device for the devs. Implants today can be made so that the body doesn't reject them, there's nothing saying technology will head in this direction. If they didn't have it, though, it would be too easy to be pro-augmentation.

G The Generous

It wasn't really 'back to normal'. Technology had just made a leap, from the obviously visible 'gen 1' mechanical augmentations to nano-augmentations.

nah.somehow in Deus Ex 1 we use 9mm (usual "normal" gun).knife,crowbar,... (usual stuff) and building and stuff is still in "usual" looking.

however in HR,those guns are some high tech gun with high tech power,nano stuff is much in high tech like the blades in Jensen arm,and then he can "fly",smash through wall and stuff, and then most of building as enviroment are high tech looking too. but in Deus Ex 1 even JC is not human after all,he still couldn't do "high tech" thing like Jensen.

this could be a retcon.but i think something will be big in the end of HR as a human revolution began and could be end by Jensen himself and human start another new revolution instead of those high tech things in HR,as where the first Deus Ex will take place.and there is a quote in some trailer: "no one will alive to see what happen to the world" ->this is the point,could be something very big near the end of the game,this is a suprise too,i wish i could play the game in focus till the ending before my job is getting busy again turn.gif .

Edited by badboy_zay

Adam Jensen

I was just about to post that. The game does look perfect. I've seen some of those leaked version gameplay videos and I thought it was incredible.

I believe it's time to pre-order my copy of Augmented Edition. I was waiting for first reviews, but since the first note is that high I think it definitely will be worth spending 64 euros.

Edited by Tycek

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.