Deus Ex 3

Drunk Russian 9

You just said yourself that it wasn't fun anymore, and I played it years after it came out. "Wasn't fun anymore" is pretty much synonymous with "sh*t", and is a flawed opinion that you can not prove in any way. I'm sorry I can hold an opinion on good game design without resorting to nostalgia, when a game is flawed I'm likely to notice it because I'm not a f*cking sheep.

When the f*ck did I say that?

I didn't say that it isn't fun I said that it isn't awesome anymore. Which is absolutely true. The game is still fun but there is absolutely nothing awesome about it anymore.

I didn't say that it isn't fun I said that it isn't awesome anymore. Which is absolutely true. The game is still fun but there is absolutely nothing awesome about it anymore.

How not?

@The-King: Try harder, I never said "old games are better because I said so" nor did I express the same message in different words.

For the record, I think you're all retards because I said so. Can we get back on topic now?

Ld8Bhg8.gif

For the record, I think you're all retards because I said so. Can we get back on topic now?

I only wear this football helmet because the padding keeps my sensitive ears warm mad.gif

Only thing that's bothering me so far is the unbearably intense orange filter they've laid over everything. Gives it more of a Steampunk feel as opposed to Cyberpunk.

Only thing that's bothering me so far is the unbearably intense orange filter they've laid over everything. Gives it more of a Steampunk feel as opposed to Cyberpunk.

Not to start another argument with you, but how exactly does orange = Steampunk.

Steampunk = Cogs, gears and steam powered things - not the colour orange. Looks pure Cyberpunk to me.

Not to start another argument with you, but how exactly does orange = Steampunk.

Steampunk = Cogs, gears and steam powered things - not the colour orange. Looks pure Cyberpunk to me.

I usually associate Steampunk to bronzed, iron or rusty surfaces which orange/brown filters are more fitting. Granted, most steampunk shows and games have more of a neutral filter, but it's just kind of the way I associate colors with concepts. Cyberpunk seems more at home thematically with a blue/silvery filter.

Steampunk is warm, Cyberpunk is cold so to speak.

The style of Cyberpunk in this game is a bit more mechanical though, so I suppose it's fitting in a way.

Edited by The-King

WF the Hobgoblin

I agree, though while I wouldn't necessarily say it looks more like steampunk, all that orange and gold lighting kind of ruins the cyberpunk look for me. I like the darkness but instead of the gold light shining in, I think there should be more varied neon lighting.

I usually associate Steampunk to bronzed, iron or rusty surfaces which orange/brown filters are more fitting. Granted, most steampunk shows and games have more of a neutral filter, but it's just kind of the way I associate colors with concepts. Cyberpunk seems more at home thematically with a blue/silvery filter.

Steampunk is warm, Cyberpunk is cold so to speak.

The style of Cyberpunk in this game is a bit more mechanical though, so I suppose it's fitting in a way.

In the actual definition of the words, color doesnt really come into it. At all.

QF1SfST.png

I've never seen the relation between *-punk and colours, at all.

In-fact, Blade Runner has one of the best Cyberpunk settings (IMO), and a lot of it has the colour orange. Why the negativity for orange?

user posted imageuser posted image

In the actual definition of the words, color doesnt really come into it. At all.

It's not about the words hard definitions though, it's more about association of concept. I associate iron-worked, steam powered, heavily bronzed machinery with orange/brown while I associate high tech, holographic interface ridden, sci-fi technology with silver/blue. Not that hard to understand. It's personal interpretation, nothing more. There's nothing in the term "post-apocaplyse" indicating any sort of color scheme, yet the general consensus is that washed out colors with a heavy focus on shades of gray is perfectly fitting for it.

Once again, more personal perception of concept than anything here.

I'm probably thinking a bit too much as an artist here though. I tend to pay extra attention to color schemes.

WF the Hobgoblin
I've never seen the relation between *-punk and colours, at all.

In-fact, Blade Runner has one of the best Cyberpunk settings (IMO), and a lot of it has the colour orange. Why the negativity for orange?

http://www.ecosensual.net/drm/ideas/Blade%20Runner%20sky.jpghttp://www.ecosensual.net/drm/ideas/Blade%20Runner%20spinner.jpg

I agree to a certain extent. For me, Blade Runner is like the definitive cyberpunk future, at least visually. But from what I recall, there isn't that much orange. The only time it's really orange is when it's high up at the top of the Tyrell skyscraper/pyramids and some interiors. The rest of the film is mostly blues and greys with a lot of neon lights. That's what I'd like to see in DE3.

From what I've seen so far however, too much of the lighting is bright gold as well as the orangey filter.

• 2 weeks later...

oo more videos!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Took some time out to watch all the clips today, it's looking very very good.

Let's hope the gameplay, writing and overall storyline match the super sexy CG cutscenes. They've hyped themselves very well with those.

Im pretty sure the last 2 vids i posted are gameplay! but the first ones out were CG i think?

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Im pretty sure the last 2 vids i posted are gameplay! but the first ones out were CG i think?

Yea, I mean obviously the dream sequence and some of the shots of the city are CG and the Gameplay elements are done in game but all of it looks fantastic.

I watched the clips at the Steam site yesterday and noticed some subtle variations from what they are showing on their YT channel, maybe worth a look for some of you.

Pre-order exclusives? I am f*cking sick of this sh*t.

It's the dumbest thing since reality TV. It makes me very angry. Bonus sh*t they sell is basically stuff that should have been in the game to begin with and then it was stripped from the game and sold separately. That makes me very concerned about the future of gaming. Are we gonna see more and more empty and short games because of this bullsh*t? This kinda sh*t encourages piracy.

It's a bit early to say whether HR is empty and short, though I share your fears. I look to see if the vanilla is value for money, if it is, then I'm not too concerned to lose a weapon or mission here and there. I'll be pre-ordering anyway, so I'll probably go with the Aug Ed.

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

It's a bit early to say whether HR is empty and short, though I share your fears. I look to see if the vanilla is value for money, if it is, then I'm not too concerned to lose a weapon or mission here and there. I'll be pre-ordering anyway, so I'll probably go with the Aug Ed.

I'm not concerned about this game. I'm concerned about future of gaming industry. It's taking a very sharp turn for the worse. Everything is about money these days. No respect for the medium.

New extended trailer. It's made up from all the CGI trailers that have already been released, but it contains some snippets that are new:

There'll also be a new trailer at the VGAs, which will be exclusive to MSN games at 4pm friday (not sure what time zone tho)

Edited by II J0SePh X II

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

This game climbs slowly but surely to the top of my wishlist every time I see a screenshot, trailer or read some news about it. It just looks like it's more fun that I had in years playing video games.

love that " This isnt the end of the world! but you can see it from here" i need this game so bad!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Never played the first 2 because they were so hard to find i never heard of the first until the 2nd came out and by the time i heard about the second it wasn't available in the shops anymore.

I remember hearing that a kid could be killed in one of the deus ex games i think it was the first 1, i never heard a fuss being made about it because it was before all the anti-videogame BS we have to put with these days really kicked off, i think the kid had his head blown off by a shotgun while out having something to eat with his parents.

Deus ex official images and wallpaper

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=113259

Deus Ex screenshots, trailers, concept artwork, box artwork, logo artwork, weapons artwork, music, Q&A, and wallpaper

http://www.deusexcentral.com/games/deusex-humanrevolution/wallpapers.asp

I am definitely pre-ordering this game you get a lot of bang for your buck with this game

http://www.deusex.com/preorder

Game of the year 2011 Deus Ex Human Revolution Vs Dead Space 2 Vs Batman Arkham City let battle commence.

A video for Deus Ex Human Revolution is on PSN it's called upgrades and augmentations trailerIt appears to be on pal PSN only not ntsc PSN.

Game of the year 2011 Deus Ex Human Revolution Vs Dead Space 2 Vs Batman Arkham City let battle commence.

Are you insane? Do you have any idea what awaits us in 2011?

Let me just give you a small example:

Mass Effect 3, The Elder Scrolls 5, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 2, Red Orchestra 2, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 Expansion thingy, MGS Rising, The Witcher 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Dragon Age 2, Max Payne 3 (probably), Portal 2, L.A. Noire, Test Drive Unlimited 2, The Old Republic MMO etc.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.