Deus Ex 3

Drunk Russian 9

Goddamnit this topic is killing me.

I've heard nothing but good things about this game. Hell I'm even kinda regretting getting LA Noire over this, even though that's an awesome game too.

Oh my god, you bought L.A. Noire. over Deus Ex dontgetit.gif

Sunrise Driver

IMO you did the right thing. You choose amazing 1947 detective experience in LA over another shooter. Even if this shooter is good.

I've heard nothing but good things about this game. Hell I'm even kinda regretting getting LA Noire over this, even though that's an awesome game too.

I chose Batman Arkham City over this tounge.gif

Did bought it a few months later for $30. Sold it back for $35. This just isn't my type of game.

bought it a few months later for $30. Sold it back for $35.

Well then, score?

Did the same for RAGE. Bought it for $40, sold it for $45 and added $5 to buy Batman Arkham City. Was actually intending to use that money to make a proper purchase of Deus Ex but I said f*ck it to that.

I'm the f*cking man if you want to find the best gaming bargains. Someone should hire me.

I chose Batman Arkham City over this tounge.gif

Did bought it a few months later for $30. Sold it back for $35. This just isn't my type of game.

I just have to own it. It's that good in my opinion. I played through it 3 times already. But it's not like I can sell it anyway since I'm on PC.

I AM IN POSSESSION OF DEUS EX 3 MOTHERf*ckERS. I SHALL NOW PROCEED TO PLAY THE sh*t OUT OF IT.

Now that I got that out of the way, does the Missing Links DLC add to the story of the main game? As in does it, how do I put this, 'merge' with the original story? Or is it like how the DLCs are in Fallout and the like, separate from the main game?

Nevermind, found out the answer.

Damnit I can't wait for this to finish installing.

Edited by Warlord.
FIOszpJ.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Holy f*ck, now that I've played a lot of the game, I can't believe this topic isn't bigger.

I'm back in Hengsha now and I can safely say that Adam Jensen is by far the biggest badass I've EVER seen.

FIOszpJ.gif

Yeah, Jensen is a good kid. And I can call him a kid too because he's born in 1993. That makes him 4 years younger than me.

I finally got the soundtrack, i got tired of waiting for Eidos to fix the soundtrack issue and ordered it on CD.

Someone should paint Eidos a picture and call it how not to f**k up a special edition.

For anybody interested. Missing Link is availble on xbox live for 600 MSP.

I was thinking about it, but I think I'll skip it. Half of the original price is good, but I don't like the fact that this add-on is so disjointed from the main game.

Was late to the party and have been playing Deus Ex over the past week and have just finished it. The next day the DLC gets reduced, what timing that is, i think Microsoft did that for me biggrin.gif. The DLC seems alright so far and it's quite different from the main game as you're going through tight corridors in the ship compared to the more open environments in the main game. Also it's hard getting used to losing all your augments.

Funny how they seem to have a pretty decent story line and at the end you press a button to choose an ending.

s0h607k.jpg

Funny how they seem to have a pretty decent story line and at the end you press a button to choose an ending.

I hated the ending so much that I blew up the station in anger at the devs for doing this and then had a cold shower. I've probably never seen a story line get cut off that abruptly. If I wanted Deal or No Deal, I'd play Deal or No Deal.

I heard it was because they ran out of time and had to streamline it, which is a shame as it really shows.

This is the only shooter I've played that is actually difficult. Like, where the f*ck is all the ammo? Why do I fail at stealth?

arghhh

Good game nonetheless

user posted image

I hated the ending so much that I blew up the station in anger at the devs for doing this and then had a cold shower. I've probably never seen a story line get cut off that abruptly. If I wanted Deal or No Deal, I'd play Deal or No Deal.

I heard it was because they ran out of time and had to streamline it, which is a shame as it really shows.

To be fair, the storyline kind of took a complete turn and spiraled into the sh*tter the first time the word Illuminati was used.

• 3 years later...
Mister Pink

Picked up this game again and holy f*ck: I think it's becoming my favourite game in the last 3-5 years.

With the recent announcement of the next DE, I highly reccomend you play it if you haven't. If you like sneaking around a near future RPG, Blade Runner-type, cyber-punk setting dealing with a realistic future dilemma (should we as humans get augmented if the technology is there. Where do we draw the line. What happens if criminals or terrorists abuse augmentation?). All this while using first person stealth and blended with 3rd person shoot-cover and plenty of hacking, discovering secret places to a really decent storyline.

Yesterday I infiltrated a gang-hideout without being detected or killing anyone. It felt so satisfying.

Last night I finished the O'Malley side-mission for Jenny and..

I left the crossbow down in the underground place as I found the rocket launcher and I knew I was coming up against Barret. Thankfully, I killed Barret easily. I threw two gas grandes and then maybe blasted him with the rocket launcher. Maybe I didn't use the launcher then. While he was choking I ran from the little room I was in to the other little room. He lost me and then I kind of had to pop my head out t tease him over. As he came over he threw two grenades and I threw an EMP granade at him at the same time. Waited for his grenades to blow up whilst I was in cover. Came back out with the rocket launcher and he was still stunned from the EMP. Blasted him and that was it. I remember him being so fecking hard at the before.

Anyway, is there a way I can get the crossbow again?

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.