Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,694 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Spooky'est place or thing in San Andreas

Cronyne

I wandered around that Ghost Town... something Diablo... for a night. You can mistake ANYTHING for a figure there... That damn flower bouquet made me jump an uncountable amount of times.

CrystallineAnt
That damn flower bouquet made me jump an uncountable amount of times.

This.

Just like if you were in a foggy graveyard surrounded by dozens of gravestones and those forsaken freaky angel statues, the flowers were placed quite frighteningly. monocle.gif

Especially in a graveyard.

Rucke

Verdant Meadows airplane graveyard at night ph34r.gif

girlgamer

back o beyond hands down or possibly that graveyard at the dessert the little probe in at night mount chiliad its weird every time i go there theres a cool ramp i try to jump and every time im about to jump theres an airplane crash creeeeeeeepy mercie_blink.gif

the.atrium

Definetely Back o Beyond at night. I didn't find the Panopticon so spooky.

640509-040147

Everywhere during normal gameplay. CJ's on the screen all the time. tounge2.gif

Esperanto_Boy

The jetty with the abandoned wheelchair.

gtasearcher

Back'o'Beyond at night when it's foggy. Once I wasn't sure that Bigfoot doesn't exist, so I figure I'd search... it was so spooky now I'm even scared to cross over there.

Cronyne

Oh damn. Posted the same thing twice.

Edited by Cronyne

[SM]CJZera

Ghost towns are kewl, I am scared about beign alone in the desert, without homies, who can sense trouble before it reaches me, like dogs, and/or a fast/offroad car to run the hell away.

Specially spooky at night, fog makes it look like a bathroom, so I'm not scared. However rain bugs my SA so I use timesync when it rains, so I can't tell

Flesh-n-Bone
When I was getting 100%, I went in my Sea Sparrow to collect the oyster near that jetty where a wheelchair is and where the Beat the Cock challenge can be started. When I reached there, it was night and I nearly sh*t myself because people had said Leatherface is there (even though it's bullsh*t myths) I quickly took my heli and flew away before I would be scared even more (yeah I know it sounds funny). The first time I played through SA I always cheated a jetpack to get over to my mission in the countryside because the roads were so tricky and it was kinda scary specially at night. When I played without cheats, I had to cross over Back o' Beyond and sometimes it happened to be at night and it was quite spooky, I think the weather has been set to fog on purpose (whenever you go through a spooky spot in the countryside). I feel safe when piloting a heli and flying through the countryside at nights and the weather is foggy.

MafiosoHacker

My spookyest place is the farm in countryside where you been at mission Bopdy Harvest. Lights in this house are blue

monyg

The spookiest place for me was at the graveyard in palomino creek because ive only been there once and i don't plan on going there again. it was night and it was raining, and of course it was foggy i went there because it had caught my eye so before i step into the graveyard i seen a tomb open and i wanted to check it out so i finally walked inside and when i did the screen flashed red very quickly and then it turned back to normal. it made me jump and it scared the hell out of me ,so i don't like to go back to that graveyard at all. ph34r.gif

$gt. Fletcher

This thread gives me a great opportunity to share a dilemma I had to deal with yesterday. I'm completing SA storyline again with no cheats and yesterday I took a shortcut in Badlands to get from LS to SF and well, my crappy Remington tripped over while I was miles away from the nearest road (bad car for a cross-country drive, I know), it was like one at night and no vehicle nearby. So I kept running and running and suddenly heard this extremely strange noise that sounded like near-inaudible gargling or so.

The dilemma was whether I should use the Quadbike spawn cheat or not (it's one of my favorites and a great help in these situations but since I swore not to use any cheats it was a big issue). The noise was like sequential and a very friggin' scary, I know there is no Bigfoot and stuff but the power of imagination is 100x worse than any myth ever created. So finally I said what the hell and raced out of there with a Quad, spawned by the FOURWHEELFUN cheat. However later it turned out the noise was just my neck crunching from hours of playing on the bed with my laptop, but with in-ear earphones it merged very well with the game... sarcasm.gif

gthg91

Oh man...

After reading all the replies in this thread, you've all reminded me WHY I don't go into the abandoned areas of San Andreas. mercie_blink.gif

It's been a while though, I think I'll revisit those places again.

There are a lot of myths, but I do remember two that I did find(I don't remember any others).

The "Christine" car is real. The lights above area 51 are real.

Bigfoot is a mod. All "Manhunt" and "Texas Chainsaw" are fake, although there are a few references to "Manhunt".

I'll go look more about the others.

TSAM
My spookyest place is the farm in countryside where you been at mission Bopdy Harvest. Lights in this house are blue

I stayed in area 51 until it got dark, then the little control room or whatever place it was called, the whole interior is blue lit up, looked pretty spooky, then there is this one place with a shack and a beat up pickup near the water with a dock and water heli.

Skimask101
The spookiest place for me was at the graveyard in palomino creek because ive only been there once and i don't plan on going there again. it was night and it was raining, and of course it was foggy i went there because it had caught my eye so before i step into the graveyard i seen a tomb open and i wanted to check it out so i finally walked inside and when i did the screen flashed red very quickly and then it turned back to normal. it made me jump and it scared the hell out of me ,so i don't like to go back to that graveyard at all. ph34r.gif

Agreed, It's also the spot where Hernandez got killed.

TonyClifton

Back O Beyond, defo. Even on a sunny day. Just waiting for something unknown to jump out at you. And is that a twig snapping behind you........?! cool.gif

GammaRaptor

Area 51 was spooky just cause of the lights just wierd.

Wonderbro

The Fishers lagoon (the place with a Manhunt wheelchair)

That is PRETTY spooky at night, specially foggy!! cry.gif

EDIT: And yeah, thats spooky too because of the Leatherface sh*t! (even though it dont exist)

LanceVanceIII

Where IS the supposed "Ghost Town", btw? o_o?

GT409

The Ghost Town is where the mission High Noon starts, you chase and kill Officer Eddie Pulaski.

My spookiest places are: Bone County at night (that weird purple sky freaks me out.)

Parts of Flint County (Where the Ghost Car is, because that's real)

Any dirt road I've never driven down, foggy, at any time.

That's about it, I mainly stay in San Fierro and Tierra Robada. (Where it's safe!)

The Stoneman

Back 'O Beyond is the spookiest place in San Andeas. End of story.

cat33

The spookiest place is the lake in the Back O' Beyond with the glowing rock thing or the little town near area 51 where that graveyard is. Those places scare the sh*t out of me ph34r.gif

Vercetti27

In the little probe inn with those nighvision goggles.....

Zcheese

4 years ago, the first time i drove trough the country side, it was quite scary. Fog and rainy. i saw a car just driving trough the woods. I stopped by and aimed at the window with my m4. When i saw there was nobody in the car is almost sh*tted myself and instantly spawned a jetpack ti fly to Angel Pine. First time you discover SA it feels so much different...

BLlTZ

4 years ago, the first time i drove trough the country side, it was quite scary. Fog and rainy. i saw a car just driving trough the woods. I stopped by and aimed at the window with my m4. When i saw there was nobody in the car is almost sh*tted myself and instantly spawned a jetpack ti fly to Angel Pine. First time you discover SA it feels so much different...

Yes, same here. Playing for the first time and driving around the wood, and remember that I was still looking on the map to see where I'm and specialy when was rany, fog and at night, license... just was very scary, cuz somehow the landscapes are very close to the real-life and back there, people was saying that the game has scary myths.

Now When I drive in the woods, is soo cool, alone and nobody is bothering me biggrin.gif

_-=Zombie=-_

i remember the 1st time i went to Panopticon (or something..) with misty weather, at midnight, only to look for leatherface (yeah, i was one of those noobies being fooled by mods -_- )

i was so freaked, wating for his chainsaw sound, on the roof of one cabin to be safe. i couldnt even look at the screen! that sh*t freaked the living sh*t out of me dammit! lol

Cronyne

I'm not scared by anything in that game now. I have been scared camping overnight in the ghost town and Back O Beyond though. The first time overnight in the BOB, I swear, I found 5 trashed Glendale's/Ghost cars.

I'm getting Ghost Cars out the ass here. I've just started walking about and this all happened in 5 minutes. I found one rolling Glendale near a parked one, so I parked them both together. Then I explored a bit, and found ANOTHER rolling Glendale and parked it with the others, to find another one I haven't seen before already parked with my Glendale "collection". It also seemed to have switched places with another one of them due to which was on and which was off.

UPDATE: Two of my collected ones are gone. I replaced them with another rolling Glendale, and one that was parked in the same spot near my collection. I don't think these are random. I think the Glendale's are programmed to show up in specific areas.

UPDATE AGAIN: Found another one, it's rolled in the EXACT same way the previous roller did. I know they're programmed now.

MORE: Once again. A Glendale has rolled for the third time now in that exact location.

YET AGAIN: Same. Exact. Position. Once again. I may make my own topic about this.

HOME: After 6:00 (I assume) I couldn't get any more to appear. So I took one home. As suspected, the dents are permanent. It cannot be modified. It is vulnerable to fire and collision damage.

TESTING: They certainly aren't bulletproof.

MORE: They aren't explosion proof either. So they have no proof's. On a side note, they jack your sex appeal up about a quarter.

SIDE NOTE: The license on this one says GG04 BOW. Not sure if that's significant.

FINAL: It disappeared in my garage later...

Edited by Cronyne

_-=Zombie=-_

thats kinda offtopic ^ , but i think its a realy nice find icon14.gif