2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
gta4pc!

gta v gonna take a long time!

gta4pc!

ok so i figured that to make the next gta it's going to take about 4-6 years or less or more but somewhere around that number...so in the meanwhile why dont R* make other gta games the ones we use to have not the next gen ones but the ones like vice city and san andreas...i think one part of the team should work on another gta, but like the ones we use to have for ps2..that way they will keep us busy and it wont even take that long wow.gif

Edited by gta4pc!

wesley545

I think they should focus on the main title so it doesn't suck.

GTA3Freak-2001

Four to six years is a bit long, besides Rockstar are already creating other games be it GTA related or not. We've got Midnight Club LA and GTA China Town Wars for DS. Further down the track we have the Red Dead Revolver 2 and possibly other games.

Hodgey.

4 - 6 years how did you come up with that. Its anyone guess how long its gonna take. Could be 2years could be 10 or maybe R* will never release another GTA game. (Unlikely i know but whos to say whats gonna happen) Until R* confirm anything about the next game well just have to wait and see.

gta4pc!
4 - 6 years how did you come up with that. Its anyone guess how long its gonna take. Could be 2years could be 10 or maybe R* will never release another GTA game. (Unlikely i know but whos to say whats gonna happen) Until R* confirm anything about the next game well just have to wait and see.

well im just esimating because gta iv took 4 years and im guessing R* want to improve the next gta even more..so it could take longer imo.but still who knows

JamalG

i sold my ps2 with almost all games, so they better dont make nothing new for it without making them games for ps3 too biggrin.gif

darren90uk

i dont think itd take them too long 2-3 years i think, they got the engine up and running so they only have to modify it to a new area really and create some new stuff, id think haha blush.gif

BloodOcean

the console cycle is about 5 years, so it's kind of hard to say if the next gta will be on current gen consoles. with the five year cycle theory, there would be a new generation of consoles in 2010, and '08 is coming to an end. I bet from here on out the developers will focus on DLC instead of a new game from the ground up. it's quicker and they'll make better profits, which is what it's all about

Wanted Assailant

Bah. How many years it took for Vice City to be released after GTA III? Hint, that it was two years. Now let's look at San Andreas. That came out after only a year, 2004. You see something strange here?

Yes. Manhunt, anothe Rockstar game, was released in 2002, between 2001 and 03'. Ok, Chinatown Wars is scheduled to be released this year. Thus, in late 09' or maybe early 2010 is the next installment of the GTA IV canon.

GTA3Freak-2001
the console cycle is about 5 years, so it's kind of hard to say if the next gta will be on current gen consoles. with the five year cycle theory, there would be a new generation of consoles in 2010, and '08 is coming to an end. I bet from here on out the developers will focus on DLC instead of a new game from the ground up. it's quicker and they'll make better profits, which is what it's all about

Yeah but Sony have a 10 year plan for the PS3 much like the PS2 did/does, the current consoles have quite some life left even the Xbox 360 with its limiting DVD media since MS are pushing the whole Hard drive thing with higher capacity drives and ability to install games to the system.

BloodOcean
Bah. How many years it took for Vice City to be released after GTA III? Hint, that it was two years. Now let's look at San Andreas. That came out after only a year, 2004. You see something strange here?

Yes. Manhunt, anothe Rockstar game, was released in 2002, between 2001 and 03'. Ok, Chinatown Wars is scheduled to be released this year. Thus, in late 09' or maybe early 2010 is the next installment of the GTA IV canon.

according to the rockstar thought process, vice city and san andreas weren't technically "new", I thought that's why they named the latest gta "IV", because the others supposedly came "after" IV. It sounds odd, but that's what i gathered from their original press release in april. Vice city and san andreas are supposed to be expansions i guess. So, to clear this up, i'm not talking about the next rockstar game titled "grand theft auto:(input city name here)" i'm talking about GTA V

--Vega--

I doubt it will take 4-6 years. Probably 2-3.

WorthlessYouth

Since they've already made the engine and stuff, it wont take as long as GTA IV originally did.....So im guessing it wont be very long... Though making maps is a very long proccess..

alllthejuicydetails

Just start playing all the games from the beginning and time will pass. I haven't even gotten everything out of GTA IV yet biggrin.gif

pimp_60cent

Actually, Vice City was released a year after III was.

III- '01

VC- '02

SA- '04

IV- '08

I'm just talking about the main GTA titles. Not the stories, or GBA, ect.

GTASIX

GTA IV took long because they were making the whole thing including the engine. Now they have an engine, they can just tweak it and build the game.

macorules94

i think it will be announced in around Feb - April 2009 and it would come out in Oct - Dec 2009

gta4pc!
i think it will be announced in around Feb - April 2009 and it would come out in Oct - Dec 2009

i so hope your right i just can't wait to buy it on ps3!! i will only be able to play it at weekends saturday 1 oclock to...sunday 5 oclock cause ima go to boarding school sad.gif but hey who said boarding school was boring time will pass wink.gif