2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
John-

1970s GTA

John-

Please add a post and account deletion procedure!

http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

You, as a webmaster or administrator, may have arrived here through an account information page on the site you're coming from. It seems the user tried to delete his/her account, however found this to be impossible. Therefore the user scrambled his/her personal data and referred to this page, requesting the site to create an account deletion option, preferably by completely deleting all personal data from the database.

More and more people are concerned about online privacy. Therefore we encourage online services to create an account deletion option, hopefully transparent and easily executed by the user. By anonimising personal data, retained data is rendered inadequate for (commercial) use. As more people use such measures, the urge for deletion options becomes stronger.

Besides, your site may be labelled white instead of black in the listings of AccountKiller. This provides more trust to users even considering the creation of an account at your site.

For further reference, also read the FAQ on AccountKiller.

Edited by Lance_Ryder

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Yes i do think that a 70s GTA would be awesome, but where's the Watts?

John-

Please add a post and account deletion procedure!

http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

You, as a webmaster or administrator, may have arrived here through an account information page on the site you're coming from. It seems the user tried to delete his/her account, however found this to be impossible. Therefore the user scrambled his/her personal data and referred to this page, requesting the site to create an account deletion option, preferably by completely deleting all personal data from the database.

More and more people are concerned about online privacy. Therefore we encourage online services to create an account deletion option, hopefully transparent and easily executed by the user. By anonimising personal data, retained data is rendered inadequate for (commercial) use. As more people use such measures, the urge for deletion options becomes stronger.

Besides, your site may be labelled white instead of black in the listings of AccountKiller. This provides more trust to users even considering the creation of an account at your site.

For further reference, also read the FAQ on AccountKiller.

Edited by Lance_Ryder

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Oh ok then in that case it would definitely work. remember the original Driver? the atmosphere in that was really good. The music would be great, not to mention all those old classic American cars. I would also like to have the countryside back. to give you that Easy Rider kinda vibe going on

Guanxi

1970's:

1. Vietnam War

2. Nixon - Watergate scandal

3. World Oil Crisis

4. Feminism prominence

5. "Morning After Pill" - car key parties

6. Disco - Saturday Night Fever

7. Workers unions strikes - riots

8. Star Wars

9. The emergence of environmentalism

10. The Mainstream success of edgy pieces of cinema - A Clockwork Orange, The Godfather, Taxi Driver, etc

11. Color TV first began to dominate broadcasting

12. Punk - the anti-consumerism movement

---

13. Rockstar deaths: Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Keith Moon (The Who) & Brian Jones (Rolling Stones), etc.

14. The end of the Beatles

15. The start of Led Zeppelin

16. The Calculator

17. The Video game

18. Rapper's Delight - The beginning of hip hop culture

19 The Dark side of the Moon (1973) - 14 years spent on billboard 200 - Second best selling album of all time after Thriller

20. ABBA - decade long swedish chart topping infection

21. L.A. country-rock early 1970's chart dominance

etc

Edited by Guanxi

colt .45 killer

never mind all that, i think most people would be drooling over all the muscle cars of that time.

ChetBango

The 70's era would be cool but they can leave out Watts, we had enough of that scene in SA so it's time to move on to something new.

tmac9wr

The 70s could be a really cool era. But where would it be located? I could see it being in Los Angeles...it seems like it would be a perfect 70s city, just like Miami/Vice City is the perfect 80s city.

ChetBango

I'd like to see a Chicago type city as it would be fitting for nearly everything.

darren90uk

I think itd work brilliantly! smile.gif San Andreas area work best id think.

tmac9wr

The more I think about the possibility of a 1970s San Andreas, the more I like it. My #1 choice for time/place is 1980s Vice City, but 1970s San Andreas would be extremely cool. The Superfly 70s were extremely cool...it would be really good to set the game in 1977 or 1978. From Disco to the emerging cocaine trade, the awesome muscle cars, the incredible style, and what is possibly the best era of music in the history of the modern world.

Think about it: Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, The Who, Van Morrison, Curtis Mayfield, The Jacksons, Barry White, KC and the Sunshine Band, Marvin Gaye, Kiss, ELO, Isaac Hayes, Queen, The Grateful Dead....the list can go on forever.

The 70s would be sick.

GTA3Freak-2001

Nah seriously LA is so overused in everything these days, I think the 70's would suit a city based on Chicago or Detroit or heck the best of them San Francisco more then anything. Bullitt anyone? Muscle Cars, rock-n-roll and a nice car chase friendly hilly road and what more could you want!

BigAmericanTitties

chicago in the 70s would be even awesomer with one feature: Disco Demolition Night!!!! but i stil like LA as the setting better.

tmac9wr

Chicago is a great city in real life, but it wouldn't be a good city for GTA. The reason is simple and it has been talked about many, many times on this site: It bears too much similarity to New York City/Liberty City. New York and Chicago are both large cities with well documented mafia histories. Both are older, northern American cities with similar climates etc. I know there are thousands of things that make NY and Chi-town completely different from one another, but I don't think they'd be able to translate the differences as well in the videogame.

Vice City works because it's a completely different style city in so many obvious ways that we don't need to explain it any further.

Carcer City would work b/c even though it's a northern city, it's based off Detroit which is a shell of its former self. Its best days are behind it, and the city continues to deteriorate at an alarming rate. Carcer City may bear similarities to LC in small ways, but they are light-years apart in many other ways.

San Andreas works because like Vice City, it is a completely different place than Liberty. It's West Coast with a completely different vibe, style, climate, etc.

Also remember, San Andreas isn't just Los Angeles...it includes San Francisco and Las Vegas with it. Imagine the missions you could get from a 70s-era Los Santos, Las Venturas and San Fierro? I think it would be better to avoid the "thug gangster" position this time around though...it was fun, but I think there are a lot of other cool directions they could bring the story. I think they should focus more on glitz and glamor in the next game. Some more customization would be nice too.

In the 1970s, California became that place where you could make a "great escape" from the East Coast. Life was different out there, people acted different, etc. They could possibly take cues from the movie "Blow" in regards to moving out West from the East Coast, starting into the drug trade, etc. If it's going to be 1970s, I can't think of a better place than San Andreas.

colt .45 killer

heh imagine gta next in the late 60s or early 70s, you could even get drafted!

Then again, that is a good idea, you could play the part of a draft dodger, or you could spend your first little bit in nam, that is getting out of the grand theft auto sytlus though. or then again, you could play the part of somone coming back from vietnam, which would open a whole lot of possiblities for a VERY good story.

N00b4Lyfe

1970's:

1. Vietnam War

2. Nixon - Watergate scandal

3. World Oil Crisis

4. Feminism prominence

5. "Morning After Pill" - car key parties

6. Disco - Saturday Night Fever

7. Workers unions strikes - riots

8. Star Wars

9. The emergence of environmentalism

10. The Mainstream success of edgy pieces of cinema - A Clockwork Orange, The Godfather, Taxi Driver, etc

11. Color TV first began to dominate broadcasting

12. Punk - the anti-consumerism movement

---

13. Rockstar deaths:  Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Keith Moon (The Who) & Brian Jones (Rolling Stones), etc.

14. The end of the Beatles

15. The start of Led Zeppelin

16. The Calculator

17. The Video game

18. Rapper's Delight - The beginning of hip hop culture

19  The Dark side of the Moon (1973) - 14 years spent on billboard 200 - Second best selling album of all time after Thriller

20. ABBA - decade long swedish chart topping infection

21. L.A. country-rock early 1970's chart dominance

etc

22. Radical activist organisations

23. FBI/CIA going through crazy phases (psychic espionage, etc)

The 70s could be a really cool era. But where would it be located? I could see it being in Los Angeles...it seems like it would be a perfect 70s city, just like Miami/Vice City is the perfect 80s city.

Personally, when I think of the US in the seventies, I think of either San Francisco, or a really grimy New York - Dirty Harry or the French Connection

tmac9wr

It would be an intriguing story to have the main character returning from Vietnam in mid-1970s era San Andreas.

The character could return to his home on the East Coast to find the world is a much different place than when he left it. He moves out to Los Santos where one of the members of his former platoon lives. The two characters become apart of an organization which is smuggling in opium and heroin from Asia. Eventually they convert from heroin to the new and upcoming cocaine trade. Dealing coke is a lot more glamorous than dealing H, so the story and lifestyle of the main character become considerably more flashy and rich.

Eventually the main character hears from an old friend who he grew up with back on the East Coast. The friend moved out to San Fierro to protest the war and live in "a more enlightened city". Now that the war is over, there is nothing to protest, so without any employment, he too has become involved in the drug trade.

There's plenty other details to get in to, but it's too nice of a day to sit inside and write about this.

Vince_ThePhoenix
I'm thinking of playing as Salvatore Leone as the main character in the 70's. This might look awesome with some real mafioso missions etc.. Some Cities like Chicago, Washington, New York or Manhattan will fit in the best. Edited by vicenzo312

Lt. Dan

A parody city of New Orleans in the seventies would kick ass.

BigAmericanTitties

i guess there would be influence from 70s cop shows too

okei

kojak lol

Tony Mozzarelli 80

kojak lol

In place of Lola with the lollipop .... oh no mental image ........

SamuelColdmark1994

No, VC should be in the beginning set in 1989-1991 dozingoff.gif , i mean LA or LS is the perfect 80s city - 1984 ? you know all the good music and ALL colgate.gif

okei

it should be set somewhere random like wisconsin or... houston

Ghost glendale fan 4 live

How about San Andreas + Cars from Gta London 1969 in 3d that would be cool

alllthejuicydetails

70's had nice cars. But not enough. I wouldn't like a 70's type of GTA

tmac9wr
The 70s could be a really cool era.  But where would it be located?  I could see it being in Los Angeles...it seems like it would be a perfect 70s city, just like Miami/Vice City is the perfect 80s city.

No, VC should be in the beginning set in 1989-1991 dozingoff.gif , i mean LA or LS is the perfect 80s city - 1984 ? you know all the good music and ALL colgate.gif

If you think Vice City should be based in 1989 or 1990, you're insane. The late 1970s and early 1980s was the peak of the cocaine trade and so many other crazy events that occured in Southern Florida. You should do a little research on the 1980s drug trade and the impact it had on South Florida (see the documentary Cocaine Cowboys).

Your reason for wanting the game to be set in LS in the 80s is because of the music? Really? You know there was this thing that was invented many years ago called a "Radio". This enables music that is created anywhere to be heard across the nation! So we could have the excitement of 1980s South Florida and the music of 1980s Los Santos all together!

biggjoshvicecitygangsta

a 1970ds gta in carcer city would be sick cool.gif

Fnorg

kojak lol

That would kick ass. Telly Salvasa (spelling) is no favorite actor of mine, but he was great in Kojak. I seriously didn't like him in the Dirty Dozen or Kelly's Heroes.