2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
ICEKING_688

Assassin's Creed style start

ICEKING_688

Here's an idea! How about at the start of the next GTA (for about the first five-seven missions), the main character has everything, Cars, Money, and all the city is unlocked.

Then after these after these missions, the main character loses it all, by getting incarcerated (or something similar) and has to get all of it back.

Thus, it would be Riches, to Rags, to Riches again story.

Guanxi

Only if it followed the trend of GTA IV that would be ritches to (better) rags confused.gif

An interesting idea though. Good point. If I remember correctly this was done with the Scarface game.

JayM

It would be so frustrating to lose it all but I think that it would be a good twist, maybe give you more dedication to win back what you had and it would also provide a shape for a stroyline.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Yeah i suppose that could work, but i'm not sure about it. Because if you think about it, ait's a lot of fun unlocking things you've never seen before, and if you started with all the stuff, you wouldn't have the incentive to progress

Guanxi

It would be so frustrating to lose it all but I think that it would be a good twist, maybe give you more dedication to win back what you had and it would also provide a shape for a stroyline.

Scarface worked well like this, in reclaiming your empire by taking revenge on the main antagonist (sosa) responsible for your downfall.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Scarface worked well like this, reclaiming your empire by taking revenge on the main antagonist (sosa)

Never played it, but did you actually have all the stuff at the beginning of the game? Beacuse i thought that it began after the events of the movie

Guanxi

Scarface worked well like this, reclaiming your empire by taking revenge on the main antagonist (sosa)

Never played it, but did you actually have all the stuff at the beginning of the game? Beacuse i thought that it began after the events of the movie

You have maxed out stats in wealth, property, balls, respect, etc. After the opening sequence (the end of the movie) you see all your stuff get taken from you. The whole game is about reclaiming everything you lost and putting that money back into setting up drug front businesses kinda similar to vice city.

justW353

How about you're the king of organized crime in the city, and the first mission is a drug deal. it goes wrong, and you get arrested. It skips to 5 years later, and you have to break out of jail. Your former best friend is the antagonist, who took over the organization. You have to win back the power.

Und3r5c0r3

Yeah i suppose that could work, but i'm not sure about it. Because if you think about it, ait's a lot of fun unlocking things you've never seen before, and if you started with all the stuff, you wouldn't have the incentive to progress

Well, once you experience the greatness of all the stuff you start out with, and then you lose it, you'll want to get it back again so you can experience its greatness again. You know what I mean? It's like going on vacation to Hawaii. You get to live in Hawaii for a week, then you have to leave. But after you leave, you really want to be in Hawaii again because you've experienced all the good things in Hawaii. Although I do understand what you mean. If you start out with all the great stuff, then you won't get to experience anything new once you get all the great stuff back again.

Sergi
How about you're the king of organized crime in the city, and the first mission is a drug deal. it goes wrong, and you get arrested. It skips to 5 years later, and you have to break out of jail. Your former best friend is the antagonist, who took over the organization. You have to win back the power.

Isn't that basicly the same thing that ICEKING_688 said?

ICEKING_688
How about you're the king of organized crime in the city, and the first mission is a drug deal.  it goes wrong, and you get arrested.  It skips to 5 years later, and you have to break out of jail.  Your former best friend is the antagonist, who took over the organization.  You have to win back the power.

Isn't that basicly the same thing that ICEKING_688 said?

Yes it is exactly what I said only phrased in a slightly different way

P.S. To all those that have said it wouldn't be any fun to play in a city that you basically own, and then lose it, only to regain it later. I was thinking that there would some subtle differences e.g. when you first own the city, there is a shack-like house (similar to the Skumole Shack in GTA Vice City and Vice City Stories), then after you lose it all, there is a shop where the shack once was, and say there was a construction site in another area, when you first own everything, well when you lose it all, the project is complete, etc.