2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
JayM

Two Things

JayM

I was playing GTA today and realised that there are two things that I would love to see in future games.

- One thing is replays. I made a topic about this a while ago but didn't get much feedback but I think that if you could save a replay of say the last 30 seconds of gameplay, that would be so cool. Imagine every epic moment thats occured while playing but you've only been able to see it once and then its gone forever sad.gif

- Second thing is more to do with gameplay. I realised that in a GTA game the main protaginist is pretty lonely commiting all of this crime alone. Fair enough Niko has friends and other peds in the city commit crimes but I think that a great feature would be if the main character could build up a kind of small army of followers. These could maybe be called upon in bank robberies, riots, drug cartels, etc. and you could complete missions to build a stronger base of followers in the game. This would add a whole new element to the game and it would have the same impact as the turf and gangs feature in SA, in that you become more powerful and respected and maybe as your 'gang' grows, bigger missions can be attempted.

These are just two ideas so tell me what you think.

Gabriel Constantin
- Second thing is more to do with gameplay. I realised that in a GTA game the main protaginist is pretty lonely commiting all of this crime alone. Fair enough Niko has friends and other peds in the city commit crimes but I think that a great feature would be if the main character could build up a kind of small army of followers. These could maybe be called upon in bank robberies, riots, drug cartels, etc. and you could complete missions to build a stronger base of followers in the game. This would add a whole new element to the game and it would have the same impact as the turf and gangs feature in SA, in that you become more powerful and respected and maybe as your 'gang' grows, bigger missions can be attempted.

I'd love to see this implemented in GTA NeXt. You would be able to build up a "gang" of one-off NPCs that each come with their own traits, skills, characteristics etc. They'd respawn like you do, but you have to collect them from the hospital or something if they die.

JWO

1. Yes, that would be cool like when you hope off a building and live mercie_blink.gif or you driving and you just fall into the ground...epic glitch

2. Yeah the did a little of that in SA in the start, having Ryder and Big Smoke coming along with you, but it would be cooler if you chose to play the whole storyline in co-op mode or alone, that would be awesome

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Couldn't agree more with the building your own gang thing, in fact there were some ideas i had in another thread which i will paste, and you can tell me what you think

I also think it would be great if there was a number of crooks throughout the city who could

be recruited into your organization. Again, perhaps yyou would need to gain respect in

order for them to join. Then on any job, robbery, drug deal etc, you went on, you would

be able to choose, a small crew of let's say three men. also you could choose your gang

members to guard your businesses from enemy gangs assaults. and they will repel the

attack, that is if they're good enough. which brings me to my next point.

Every time you're on a job with your three man crew. your members would get better.

For instance, every time a member gets a certain amount of kills, he gets better and

tougher, eg he can take more bullet damage or becomes more accurate, or a better

driver etc. In this way you would have some long serving members who have been with

you through many capers. You could even promote them to 'captain' for example. In this

way you would grow a bond with certain members, and if during a hectic drug deal gone

awry. one of your trusted members died. You would get a real sense of loss.

This wouldn't have to be to jarring because they wouldn't necessarily need a bar or an

indicator which says. Level 10 hitman 1458 HP. or any of that. It could all be done behind

scenes.

But yeah how great would it be if you could ring up Packie or Jacob, and instead of

Bowling or Darts, you could choose Bank job or Heist or Bodyguard. It's awesome

that you can call Dwayne for backup, but you don't give a sh*t about them. you would

if you'd built them up foe ages and gotten to know them. maybe some gang members

would have specialities. Like getaway driver, intimidator, sniper, explosives expert,

that kinda thing. So you wanna go rob a bookmakers for example. you want to bring

an explosives man, to blow the safe, or an intimidator to force the proprietor to open

it for you. Got a drug deal taking place in an open field or somewhere, you'll wanna

take a sniper, and tell him where to take up position. You wanna go collecting for your

protection rackets, bring a brawler. You wanna go make a drug deal. bring a negotiator.

Edited by Tony Mozzarelli 80

Druton

Wow Tony Mozzarelli 80, those are awesome ideas!

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Thanks dude. You should check out '28RedEyedCrows' thread entitled 'The goal of complete freedom' it is on the first page. I don't expect anyone to read the whole thing but everyone's contributed some awesome ideas. That would make the best GTA ever, haha Rockstar should consult us before doing anything

JayM

Thanks dude. You should check out '28RedEyedCrows' thread entitled 'The goal of complete freedom' it is on the first page. I don't expect anyone to read the whole thing but everyone's contributed some awesome ideas. That would make the best GTA ever, haha Rockstar should consult us before doing anything

Yeah I read that thread and put some ideas into that, its pretty well thought out and your right there are some great ideas. I think if Rockstar paid attention to the forums some of these could be implemented and make the game sooo much better.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Yeah there is just so much that they could do with it, given the size of the maps and the theme of the game. Sometimes their decisions baffle me. But let's hope they learn how great their games could be before the next one comes out

JayM
Yeah there is just so much that they could do with it, given the size of the maps and the theme of the game. Sometimes their decisions baffle me. But let's hope they learn how great their games could be before the next one comes out

The potential is huge and I agree, hopefully they will see this and start bringing in new features on larger scales, like whole new elements aside from the normal story mode and side missions.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

I'm guessing that they don't listen to other people's ideas though, since everyone hated the dating in SA, and now in IV it's back with a vengeance. Haha it boggles the mind really.

Guanxi

1. Yes, that would be cool like when you hope off a building and live  mercie_blink.gif or you driving and you just fall into the ground...epic glitch

2. Yeah the did a little of that in SA in the start, having Ryder and Big Smoke coming along with you, but it would be cooler if you chose to play the whole storyline in co-op mode or alone, that would be awesome

Yeah... like if the entire game was co-op with npc's like smoke, ryder, etc on every mission, and when you're friends come round they select a character and you could have up-to 4 player co-op in the story mode.

Edit: Actually 2-4 player co-op on the story mode would require system-link with multiple consoles really when you think about it, I doubt they would bother to implement this for how many people would actually use it.

Edited by Guanxi

BigAmericanTitties

i heard godfather 2 is gonna have a feature in whcih you can recruit gang members. i think that would be a pretty awesome feature too.

LethalCrizzle

Building a own gang would be cool but hopefuly traverling wil your gang will be better then in san andreas, You would recruit 7 gangs emmebrs to make your self feel tough and do almost anything but then realise you cant fit them in a car...Limo or a bus... Gang members should be able to get there own cars and follow you biggrin.gif big black jeeps pull outside the shp[ and rob it biggrin.gif what a sight