2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gta4pc!

vice city stories vs vice city

Mince

Wow. The VCS forum is more dead than Vic.

Diego Mustard

Did you know what? VC is better... I basically didn't go much into the story as I went doing the master stuff thingy.... But I heard every-one played VC make it his favorite GTA...

GTA_Loco himself went into SA much, but when he made the No Wanted Rating guide for VC he himself said that when he played into it much, he liked it more (can't remember what he said exactly, though)...

So who takes the lead then? VC. I don't care if you can't swim or get JetSkis, but the game

it-self is better than VCS...

GangstaMoney
Vic was always angry, but I liked that in him, the fact that he was always serious and he had such a poor family forcing him to deal drugs in case he wanted Pete to get the medical treatment needed. But he didn't actually want to deal and when he finished his job in VCS he left town and got out of the business.

TONI CIPRIANI which is his name, was pretty cool but he didn't have any skills, he was a funny comedian though and serious.

CJ is full of character - humor, happy, angry, whining, emotion and all - he's the only protagonist who smiled averagely.

Tommy - got on my nerves with his whining, Lance is friendly to him and he just shows a crying face all the time - that's the reason Lance betrayed him (even though it was a dumb choice from him.)

Claude - a mute snake without a tongue who didn't have any emotion and always the same face without one single sound from his mouth who just killed for money and 'revenge'.

Same here, thats the reason why I didn't like Tommy, don't think Tommy is even happy once in the game. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Claude had sound he grunted when shot.But was hard to warm up to the character because he didnt communicate depsite the occasional grunt.Claude was fun to play as.

Carl Johnson just whinned alot and was easily forced into things such as working for Mike Toreno when he could of just shot him and all the worries would of gone, and The fact that he easily Enterd and Exited a highly guarded military base was too much for me.Carl Johnson was a character you can warm up to and you can easily customise him to your needs aswell.

Victor Vance was angry way too much, I can understand the pressure that he had on him with petes health and all but did he realy have to be angry all the time, i mean look at toni cipriani his mother constantly bitched to him to be a man and he didnt get angry.Victor had a great character and showed great promise in VCS, he could of been the best rival to Tommy Vercetti if he Wasnt dead (I know its debatable, sorry for spelling).

Tommy Vercetti was forced into things way too easily, He always carryed on about things. Tommy vercetti has to be my favrouite character after Huang Lee, simply because tommy was fun to play as, he just seemed like a Hero compaired to all other characters despite the Murders and drugs, and He was like Tony Montana which was kickass.

So My Favrouite is Vice City

Mike Toreno had connections, so CJ couldn't just kill him.

DanielH

Vice City obviously. VCS was really 4 years old the day it came out.

Diego Mustard

VC has better graphics than VCS, don't say VCS has better graphics than VC.

Zee

Vice City Stories has better graphics than Vice City.

Diego Mustard

No, Vice City has better ones. And it gets better on PC...

You have in VC a better environment and more weather changes, which

VCS doesn't have!

VCS has better graphics than VC sucks!

Edited by Diego "DM" Mendez

Mince

IMO, textures look better on VCS, colors are more vibrant, and player models look more realistic.

You want I should make a poll about which game has better graphics?

Diego Mustard

Are you just playin'? VC is a major GTA, while VCS isn't...

And this VCS comes from which console ? It's a port of the PSP. And it doesn't mean that it's better... The PS2 VC has better graphics than the PSP/PS2 VCS, I bet you guys didn't even bought a PS2. And to top all of that, if you get a PC, you can adjust every-thing related to the graphics, and make it even more better than VCS... Now, who's the loser?

Even you guys say VCS has better graphics, I'll stick with VC's graphics..

Mince

- I have VC on PS2, and VCS on PSP and PS2.

- I am talking about the PSP version of VCS.

- VCS IS a major GTA. It is listed as one of the 5 III era games in most cases, some people just haven't played it.

- Learn some grammar before you call people a loser cool.gif.

fxtr

I like VC better because of the story, characters, atmosphere and music. VCS is my second favorite-it has great feeling while playing and the characters are very interesting and complicated. The missions in VCS are awesome.

Diego Mustard

- VCS IS a major GTA. It is listed as one of the 5 III era games in most cases, some people just haven't played it.

- Learn some grammar before you call people a loser  cool.gif.

Let it be. You're free about talking that PSP VCS graphics is better than VC, at least it's a mix between PC graphics and console ones, although I didn't play it on PSP, but what's talking about the PS2 version is a loser.

And why VCS is a major GTA? It didn't have buying properties, awesome mission,

or even access to some of the buildings like the Malibu and those police stations... It

lacked all of the good things from VC and both III and SA... And to make some-thing related

to it, the III, VC and SA forums had at least four sub-forums, while LCS and VCS hadn't!

Yeah, it's a member of GTAIII, but not of the "on the top" or "major" ones...

Edited by Diego "DM" Mendez

nerner

- Learn some grammar before you call people a loser  cool.gif.

Let it be. You're free about talking that PSP VCS graphics is better than VC, at least it's a mix between PC graphics and console ones, although I didn't play it on PSP, but what's talking about the PS2 version is a loser.

Sorry bud but this is an English language forum...

Mince

Haha, there are actually people here who are Spanish, and they use a language translator.

Anyway, VCS and LCS used to have sub-forums for gameplay and cheats/tricks, back before newbs like you were even on these forums. They were merged together because there was very little activity in them, much like the III/VC/SA sub-forums could use now. They ARE major GTAs. IMO, the episodes for GTA IV are what wouldn't be called major GTAs. They just add onto IV while being mostly the same. VCS and LCS are completely new games, even though they have the same cities, the cities have changes in them, and they are in different years.

I apologize if I am getting off topic. I'll try not to do so anymore in this topic.

Zee
Are you just playin'? VC is a major GTA, while VCS isn't...

And this VCS comes from which console ? It's a port of the PSP. And it doesn't mean that it's better... The PS2 VC has better graphics than the PSP/PS2 VCS, I bet you guys didn't even bought a PS2. And to top all of that, if you get a PC, you can adjust every-thing related to the graphics, and make it even more better than VCS... Now, who's the loser?

Even you guys say VCS has better graphics, I'll stick with VC's graphics..

user posted image

user posted image

VCS has more neon/lighting/bloom effects, whereas VC looks cold and grey. The atmosphere is better in VCS. no contest.

Ballistikk

I own both, and they're both pretty cool smile.gif

Funktipus
People are right when they say that CJ whined sometimes but who wouldn't. Same case for Tommy too. Besides, he seemed a lot more cheerful after capping Diaz.

Side note, if CJ is a wuss because of the aforementioned reason then Tommy and Claude give him good competition in that department too, plain simple.

I agree, and I laugh at these cats who go on and on about CJ whining. Except for Claude, all of them whine, including Niko.

As for which game I like better, I choose VCS. VC is too bland, no element of danger at all. I love it when gangs target you, and that happens a lot in VCS.

MarshDanni

I like them both they are really good games so I cant pick which is better I lovee them the same biggrin.gif

Kratos2000

VC>PSP VCS

PS2 VCS>VC

Shark_Cipriani

VC for me. Btw Zee, did you notice the ingame time of the screenshots? Please go to Ocean Beach (VC one) at 02:00 and take a good look around.

user posted image

Only thing that is bad about VC is water. Its too dark, but still beautiful anyway. Dont know why, VCS Ocean Beach feels empty sad.gif I simply see no reason to go there in VCS.

I like VC's story more, and that is not about Vic whines, Tommy doesn't BS. The stories get more realistic and the protag becomes less powerful with each GTA game Claude had kicked Columbian Cartels ass all by himself (when the game finishes every gang except Yakuza and Southside Hoods hate you because you have been so aggressive to them. Tommy literally owned Vice City despite of Lance's betrayal, Sonny's threats and actions (taxing--> cap the collector) (just an example of why I like VC: in the mission Shakedown, you make a whole mall shake in fear and in five f*cking minutes). But in VCS even though

Vance brothers managed to defend their businesses against Mendezes, they surrendered and done work for them (the game gives a reason for that "they are too powerful") and I don't like it. Imagine an all out gang war between Mendezes vs. Vance brothers, now that would be intense.. The early GTA's protags are "heroic "(they want something, they go, remove the obstacle and take it----> this "I don't care who you are, you're standing in my way," attitude is awesome) anti-heroes, the new ones are realistic anti-heroes

It is a little long but, I couldn't keep myself from writing these.

Thats my opinion though, and also VC is my first GTA inlove.gif so I may have acted like a little fanboy, sorry.

Screenie was taken when I finished writing, one of my story finished only saves.

Edited by Shark_Cipriani

Playstation_Loyalist

Well-said, Shark. Ocean Beach in VCS doesn't even feel like the Ocean Drive of Miami, whereas in VC Ocean Beach had establishment names and fuzzy neon lighting... so awesome. VC pwnz!

killer24

For me, it will be VCS, because I like stunting, breaking through the roadblocks with a heavy vehicle, planes, helis, acting like Jason Voorhees by killing people with a machete biggrin.gif , buying back the weapons when you get busted or

wasted, etc.

P.S. I have the original VC, but I'm bored, but still, GTA VC is a good game, being 3rd of my favorite GTAs, 2nd is VCS and 1st is SA.

PHCharls

Vice City Stories because i can use it on the PSP

silentsharklol

I like both, but i like VCS much better, in VC when you beat the game there isnt much to do but in VCS there is still alot of fun stuff to do. I liked taking my gang out and VCS and have gang wars and attack their buisnesses. Also the weather and atmosphere in VC looks alot like LCS to me.

Edited by silentsharklol

win001

Vice City has sort of a better soundtrack, although I hated More Than This by roxy music in emotion 98.3. But there were some great ones as well, like Quiet Riot Cum On Feel The Noize in V-rock, Missin You- John Waite ( Everytime I think of you, I always catch my breath ) yeah that one and I ran by A flock of seagulls. In Vice City Stories, it's the same thing. Espantoso still suck balls, Fever 105 was replaced by Fresh 105 which is also cool, V-Rock also had a good soundtrack and so is Emotion 98.3 along with other ones. I hate Couzin Ed though. He keeps dissing about Lazlow. He keeps saying, ''Couzin Ed is cool. Lazlow sucks, I love sluts!''. I hate that. I wish he kills himself with a gun. So I prefer Vice City on the soundtrack. Now on to the gameplay. Vice City had a good storyline and even though I haven't played it, I think it's good, for example Candy Suxxxxx. Vice City Stories also had a good storyline, but since Phil Collins made a cameo appearance, I prefer Vice City Stories storyline over Vice City. The cars in Vice City were awesome. It was the first game were airplanes are usable. And they also included a favourite, the Deluxo, which is BTTF Delorean. In Vice City Stories, they added boring cars, but some were good like the Cholo Sabre and Gang Rancher. So I prefer Vice City on cars. Graphics on Vice City were not bad, but Vice City Stories had better graphics, so I prefer VCS on graphics section. The last section is gameplay. Gameplay in Vice City was fun and good. But in Vice City Stories it was better. More side-missions and better gameplay. So there you have it. A full paragraph of me ranting about Vice city vs. Vice city stories. Winner is Vice City Stories in some parts, but Vice City also won in some parts. And if I were to chose, I'd pick both and go home.

pyramid head

I think they are both good but i like VC over VCS.

cladeakacool

mine for sure is vice city :- nice radio stations , tommy vercetty the harwood butcher , nice story line . good vehicles interesting missions and candy suxxxx tounge.gif

_GTAFREAK_

Comparing VC to VCS, i think VCS wins... like i use to say, VCS it's a mix with San Andreas and Vice City. The VCS graphics are just awesome!! and it has so many more vehicles than vice city... yeahh, VCS wins it all biggrin.gif

... but anyway, VCS ain't nothing compared to san andreas cool.gif i just love it!!!!

it was my first ps2 game , and i've been playing it for ages ... and that's because i love san andreas!!

And vice city... well, vice city has really something special in it... it was the first gta game i've played, and i liked it with its 1980's look. but anyway, it is not an GREAT GAME and all, that's just average because of the graphics quality and its story...

abhinav123456789

gta vc and gta vcs is my fav

B Dawg

Vice City Stories is without a doubt superior to Vice City. Vice City is overrated as hell, just like the 80's.

Edited by B Dawg