Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,296 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gta4pc!

vice city stories vs vice city

gta4pc!

there might be a topic like this already and i might be a bit off topic because this is vice city stories section but still there both in vice city and i want to know which one you like best,is because of charachters,style,graphics um feel you name it just write your favourite tounge.gif mine is vcs cause of the feel and the options fly helicopters and fly planes go on jetskis and ....

Edited by gta4pc!

Flesh-n-Bone

Vice City Stories by far, but that's IMO.

gtamodder

Well for me VCS, because I enjoyed the story a lot more then VC's, plus I liked Vic much better then Tommy.

loczek47

VCS SUCKS.Vic is just another stupid asshole , like CJ , Tommy Vercetti is like Tony Montana.HE f*ckIN ROCKS.He got character not like Vic Vance.

Flesh-n-Bone
VCS SUCKS.Vic is just another stupid asshole , like CJ , Tommy Vercetti is like Tony Montana.HE f*ckIN ROCKS.He got character not like Vic Vance.

Vic and CJ = good protagonists

Tommy is the worst protagonists I ever seen in GTA.

Rashon.

Vice City Stories was great but wasn't as great as Vice City.

gta4pc!

tony cimpriani i think is what you mean,ok vic might be a bit boaring but cj dude he is full of charachter tommy just has this low voice and he hardley sounds happy.

Flesh-n-Bone

Vic was always angry, but I liked that in him, the fact that he was always serious and he had such a poor family forcing him to deal drugs in case he wanted Pete to get the medical treatment needed. But he didn't actually want to deal and when he finished his job in VCS he left town and got out of the business.

TONI CIPRIANI which is his name, was pretty cool but he didn't have any skills, he was a funny comedian though and serious.

CJ is full of character - humor, happy, angry, whining, emotion and all - he's the only protagonist who smiled averagely.

Tommy - got on my nerves with his whining, Lance is friendly to him and he just shows a crying face all the time - that's the reason Lance betrayed him (even though it was a dumb choice from him.)

Claude - a mute snake without a tongue who didn't have any emotion and always the same face without one single sound from his mouth who just killed for money and 'revenge'.

gtamodder
Vic was always angry, but I liked that in him, the fact that he was always serious and he had such a poor family forcing him to deal drugs in case he wanted Pete to get the medical treatment needed. But he didn't actually want to deal and when he finished his job in VCS he left town and got out of the business.

TONI CIPRIANI which is his name, was pretty cool but he didn't have any skills, he was a funny comedian though and serious.

CJ is full of character - humor, happy, angry, whining, emotion and all - he's the only protagonist who smiled averagely.

Tommy - got on my nerves with his whining, Lance is friendly to him and he just shows a crying face all the time - that's the reason Lance betrayed him (even though it was a dumb choice from him.)

Claude - a mute snake without a tongue who didn't have any emotion and always the same face without one single sound from his mouth who just killed for money and 'revenge'.

Same here, thats the reason why I didn't like Tommy, don't think Tommy is even happy once in the game. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Mince

I used to think VCS was better, in fact it used to be my favorite GTA, but no longer. VC was much more classic, and it seemed like their was much more to do. The interiors were all unique, not just the sam stres and empire buildings scattered about. The missions were even cooler. The only thing I didn't like about Vice City was the lack of many vehicle spawns.

Flesh-n-Bone

The missions in VCS are the most fun for me, I like 90% of the missions there... Unfriendly Competition, Light My Pyre, Over the Top, Last Stand, Burning Bridges, Blitzkrieg Strikes Again, Brawn of the Dead, Leap and Bound, Jive Drive, Farewell to Arms, Taking the Fall and a sh*tload more...

[email protected] quoted me again lol.gif

Mince

All the missions in VCS were the same: you go somewhere, you kill everyone there and kill some more people.VC had very interactive and original missions, like The Job, The Driver, (races were better too) Guardian Angels, Cabmaggedon, RC missions and others.

Flesh-n-Bone

I hate race missions and When Funday Comes is one of my favorite races. RC missions - don't name them, I fucking hate RC's, they are a bitch to control, and Carmaggedon? LOL @ that mission "Stay alive until 1 minute."

Guardian Angels and The Job were good missions, but Rub Out and Death Row with BP Admiral ftw!

gta4pc!

The missions in VCS are the most fun for me, I like 90% of the missions there... Unfriendly Competition, Light My Pyre, Over the Top, Last Stand, Burning Bridges, Blitzkrieg Strikes Again, Brawn of the Dead, Leap and Bound, Jive Drive, Farewell to Arms, Taking the Fall and a sh*tload more...

[email protected] quoted me again lol.gif

dude you read my mind...THOSE ARE ALL MY FAVOURITE missions aswell!!! and yeah rc things n stuff i hate them especially in san andreas where you have to work for zero and do all these RC things..that really ticked me off seriosly angry.gifdevil.gifdie.gif

Edited by gta4pc!

saintdave

Both are great games but I think VC shades it. Only because it came out first and was unique at the time, the era it was set in, the soundtrack, the characters and the story all made it a memorable and brilliant game.

VCS does have a considerable amount to do though with extra and new features previously not in VC or any other GTA so it does well in that aspect.

Mince

Brawn Of The Dead was a cool mission, yet the new combat system made the zombie killing with Katata scene very boring. Vic has to stop each time he wants to swing the Katana, and unless you target and press X, it's the SAME animation every time! Not to mention, if you ever walk across a dead body, go away from it and press O, the animation of Vic attacking the dead opponet on the ground will show even if the dead body is not near or underneath Vic. Now you know why the zombies' bodies disappear after you kill them. Sometimes they don't disappear, and when Vic runs up to another zombie he turns around and kicks the floor instead of attacking the zombie.

Seriously, I think i've played VCS too much now and the flaws are starting to get on my nerves.

crazymodder

VCS is better than vice.

thecommander

I liked VC better cause of the the whole asset thing. I know VCS had assets but that got realy anoying having Gang Ranchers full of people with AKS shootong at you where ever you go angry.gif. I also like VC because of Tommy, the radio, he story, and Ray Liota.

Don't get me wrong, I love VCS, and Vic but I like VC better.

(I think Tommy is unhappy cause he got set up and did 15 years, and he hates his boss plus my man Ray isn't the guy you want when you want a happy voice.) Just my opinion but what do I know?

gta4pc!

as a matter of fact i played both games today and i think i know why i like vcs a little better than VC!bassicly vice city and vcs are super fun when you play the missions but once youve completed them vcs wins because there is more features so it wont get boring,though in vice city once ive finished the game i find it a little boring but still fun.

SPAS_12

Rascit Matthaf*ckka

I like VCS better. tounge2.gif

Algonquin Assassin

VC. VCS is still a great game (Highly underappreciated IMO), but I just love good ole VC.

It's the first game I've played where I've felt as if I was back in the time period, it portrayed.

TT1987

I prefer Vice City Stories

Flesh-n-Bone

Same here, at the moment VCS is classified as my favorite GTA. Even though SA always holds that position I'm too addicted to VCS currently.

gta4pc!

well when i got liberty city stories i always wanted to fly helicopters....but in lcs there wernt any...so the next gta game for psp was vcs and it was way funner cause of the setting and features...i then got vice city after that and you could fly aswell...but vcs just had that feel..but the radio on vc was way beter in my opinion cool.gif

Mince

Same here, at the moment VCS is classified as my favorite GTA. Even though SA always holds that position I'm too addicted to VCS currently.

Quite the opposite for me- VCS is now my 4th favorite behind LCS, and VC/SA. Soon it may become my 5th favorite.

RAM2806

i like vcs better than vc , however , I liked a lot vice city but in some sort of way , it feels like gta3 , so it's not a living city , but in vcs there a lot of thing that i love , the soundtrack , the lock on targeting system (from sa) , the brawls , the feeling when you are in this city !

and same apply for gta lcs , i like lcs a lot , more than gta 3 because it improved the original experience . lol.gif

copzilla

vsc on ps2 felt like home just the city and being able to do alot of things just makes it the better then vc

Mince
vsc on ps2 felt like home just the city and being able to do alot of things just makes it the better then vc

You mean having to stop every time you wanted to attack someone with a melee weapon is better than VC?

Flesh-n-Bone

Vice City Stories is so better than Vice City.

I like the atmosphere of VCS a lot more, real 80's. It's protagonist, Vic > Tommy any day. The storyline of VCS is better IMO, the music sh*ts on VC's awful soundtrack (IMO at least), and there are more on VCS than VC.

And why the hell do you hate VCS now?

Mince
Vice City Stories is so better than Vice City.

I like the atmosphere of VCS a lot more, real 80's. It's protagonist, Vic > Tommy any day. The storyline of VCS is better IMO, the music sh*ts on VC's awful soundtrack (IMO at least), and there are more on VCS than VC.

And why the hell do you hate VCS now?

I don't really hate it...but i've realized how pitiful and stupid some of the things are in this game. The flaws and glitches are stupid it amazes me that R* didn't even bother to fix them. I used to love the story but now I like VC's better. VC had better radio, DJs who didn't sound like they were on drugs, and lots of uniqueness and style. I'll play it... but the flaws really just get on my nerves.

Besides, why does it even matter if I dislike VCS?