3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
neato9611

The Serbian

neato9611

Yes, I know this is for the next GTA game, but I wonder how it would work if Rockstar made a third person shooter game that serves as a prequel to the events of IV. Basically, the game is about a young Niko Bellic involved in various criminal acts at a young age and joining the Balkan Defense Force, eventually discovering something that eventually leads to his army group getting set up. Then, after he survives, he tries to fight back the people that tried to kill him before the very end of the game, in which Niko, clad in his brown jacket and tan shirt boards the ship to leave to liberty city. I know, not the next gta, but it could be an interesting look back at the events leading up to IV's epic storyline.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Yeah i think that could be quite fun, but it would be better if it didn't end with Niko getting on the boat, otherwise you would have no replayability. You need to be able to roam about doing what you want. But overall i would love to visit a war torn Serbian city

gta4fanman

Again it would be nice having a Balkan story. Bosniak, Bosnian Serbs, Bosnian Croats and what not. Not quite GTA but it would be interesting.

fishermanGTA

No I'm not going for that idea. R* does better with sandbox games.

Damo.

I'd prefer if it wasn't a sandbox, but a proper story-heavy third-person shooter. More a spin-off from GTA than anything.

Hart

It would be good, but what would you do? Wander round deserts and shanty towns or whatever, killing people.

Mabye for another game, but its pretty obvious the next GTA is gonna be in the USA again.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Haha, you are aware that Serbia is not made up of deserts and shanty towns aren't you? It has cities like everywhere else

mark-2007

Cool idea. Although, as mentioned before, boarding at the ship would reduce the replayability. Maybe something like receiving the email/phone call from Roman saying that Liberty is great would be a good last cutscene.

Sergi
Yes, I know this is for the next GTA game, but I wonder how it would work if Rockstar made a third person shooter game that serves as a prequel to the events of IV. Basically, the game is about a young Niko Bellic involved in various criminal acts at a young age and joining the Balkan Defense Force, eventually discovering something that eventually leads to his army group getting set up. Then, after he survives, he tries to fight back the people that tried to kill him before the very end of the game, in which Niko, clad in his brown jacket and tan shirt boards the ship to leave to liberty city. I know, not the next gta, but it could be an interesting look back at the events leading up to IV's epic storyline.

Cool idea but I was somewhat turned away when you said"but it could be an interesting look back at the events leading up to IV's epic storyline"

Epic storyline and GTA IV don't beling in the same sentence.

JGJONES

Thats a nice idea, however for it to work it would have to be, as someone else said, a spinoff of GTA not an actual GTA game. Call it Bellic's War or something catchy.

The only problem is that at the begining of IV, Niko couldn't speak very good English, so in a prequel, would he be able to speak any English? monocle.gif

Tony Mozzarelli 80
Thats a nice idea, however for it to work it would have to be, as someone else said, a spinoff of GTA not an actual GTA game. Call it Bellic's War or something catchy.

The only problem is that at the begining of IV, Niko couldn't speak very good English, so in a prequel, would he be able to speak any English? monocle.gif

Niko's English was fine at the start of IV what you on about?

Rucke

I can see this work but not as a GTA game. Maybe Rockstar could make some kind of a spin-off from the official GTAs.

thecommander

I like the idea, I also for some reason am intrested about wars in eastern europe. So I hope some one makes a game about one of these wars.

TopHat01

The only problem is that at the begining of IV, Niko couldn't speak very good English, so in a prequel, would he be able to speak any English?  monocle.gif

Niko's English was fine at the start of IV what you on about?

----

No, his English is slightly worse in the beginning of the game, and by the end of the game it's better. Notice in the beginning he uses a lot of native speak, as opposed to near the end he's just spewing obscenities and cursing at everyone...plus, his words sound really rough when he first gets off the boat, at least IMO.

As for a game like this, no. Rockstar does good with Sandbox style, as well as the Midnight Club Series, which is the real only competition for EA's Need for Speed, and Rockstar does a fantastic job of keeping them on their toes. Aside from that, I don't think a Third Person or even First Person would go well...just leave IV's story at what Niko has told you, simple as that.