4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
sloppy joe

age of addiction

sloppy joe

how old were you when you first played any gta? i was 8 and it was gta 1. but when i was 11 i played gta 3 and was addicted

unopieceo

I was about 10 when gta2 came out, I went over to my friends house and he had it, we ended up playing it for about 14 hours or so until his mum took away the playstation. The next day I went down to the shops and bought my own copy, thats when the addiction began.

sloppy joe

gta 2 is still addictive as hell smile.gif . my bro just got addicted to gta3. i let him play a couple days ago and he cant leave my room. he should be playin his damn wii that he begged for months for lol.

Cajones

First played gta1 in like 2000 mustve been 7 or 8

played gta2 then got hooked on all the new ones

greebo-man

I first discovered San Andreas in 2003 when my stepbrother introduced it to me.

I was 11, and now at 14 I'm still hooked. biggrin.gif

markiij

Hmm... I think I was 8 years old when I discovered the holy game GTA2 smile.gif.

gtahomie

i found out bout gta 3 when i was 9

_Silent.Bob_

When the original Grand Theft Auto game came out for Playstation in October 1997, I played it at a friend's "videogames all nite birthday party". The next day, I convinced one of my closest friends to buy it at the local supermarket (coz I didn't have a Playstation back then). That's when the addiction really began: we would play for hours. Later, I finally bought it for PC and I've had every single GTA since then. Still addicted today, oh yeah I forgot: I was 12 back in 1997.

Cheers,

Silent Bob.

GtaChild

I was 9 years old when i first started playing GTA my friend introduced me to it, after that i was hooked and have been following the series since then. Kind of hard to believe it has already been eleven years since then. confused.gif

The GTA Guy

I was 7 or 8 i cant remember correclty, when GTA came out in 1997. I played with my cousin it, and at next week, my mother asked what game i want next to buy, and i said instantly GTA!!. Then i played it from 8 at mornig to 10 at evening. Couple of years later i got GTA2.

American Venom

I was 12 when I first played GTA 1 in 98. A friend's brother had it, and we played it for hours.

Since that day I've had GTA running through my veins.

Mz. Hazey

GTA 1 and I was 7 years old, LOL!

I was with my younger cousin Mac and we were bored of playing Super Mario and Mario Kart 64 all day so we went through my older cousin Alex's room to find a fun new game to play. Mac came across a computer game called, "Grand Theft Auto" (he was about 5 or 6 and called it Gran Fafato LOLLLL) and we put it in the computer and were just addicted. Everytime I came over to his house we ALWAYS played that until the 2nd one came out and then the 3rd...so on and so forth.

Now I'm old enough to get them on my own and don't have to play my older cousin's games, lmfao especially cause he's out of the house and an adult with better things to prolly do now.

Machida

I was age eleven when I played GTA for the first time. The next five years were spent ignoring homework and failing exams.

Barciur

Year 1998-99.. I was 5-6.. My friend had that game and when my parents would go to them I was always so happy to play GTA1 and smash the train into another train. biggrin.gif

He had only 32 MB RAM and GTA2 required 64 lol.gif

Then I was 8 and got my first PC.. 256 MB RAM! 2002 year that was... so I got GTA3 and played it... It was in English and we didn't speak English then so my friend stopped in the blue marker and the mission began.. we thought we had to get into the garage at the beginning. biggrin.gif

That's when it began. 2002. 8 years of age.

Then I got VC couple years after it came out and then SA in 2006.. of course I'm always late.. but I won't be with IV biggrin.gif

HASSARD1994

I was like about 4-6 when i first played GTA 1 happy.gif

American Venom

Oh well like they say, it's better to start off young. lol.gif

Th3 ProphetMan

i played at about 12 years old in 97 at a friends house, then i got the game for myself and played with several friends whole afternoons. amazing times heheh

markiij
i played at about 12 years old in 97 at a friends house, then i got the game for myself and played with several friends whole afternoons. amazing times heheh

Haha, yeah I remember that too smile.gif. Couldn't believe there were so many cool things to do in the game!

Smiley001

I think it was in 1999 or 2000 when I was about 9 nine years old, I played GTA1 for the first time. It didn't attract all that much at first, but over time I started playing it more and more. 1 year after a friend of mine came to my place with a playstation game called "GTA2", I instantly fell in love with that game so I decided to buy one myself. The first 3D GTA I ever played was Vice City in my friend's place. I had heard about GTA 3 alot before, but I could never play it because I didn't own a PS2 and my PC wasn't very powerful to run it... Maybe it was but I was just too stupid to know where to buy it, let alone actually install it...

Sektor

Heh, you guys are too young.

I first played a rented copy of GTA1 on a PC at a friends house in around 1997, I would have been 17. I think I only had a 486 at the time and it just didn't cut it. I bought a 90Mhz Pentium especially to play that game.

Edited by Sektor

Zyo

I first got GTA1 on the Playstation, just after it came out in 1998. I was 19 or maybe 20 at the time. I played it quite a bit back then because I was a student, and often broke, and it cost money to go to the university bars. GTA and Sensible Soccer took up quite a lot of my time, that was until Half-Life came out later that year.

Heihachi_73

When I first played a GTA it was about 1998, on a Pentium 166 with 32MB of RAM and an S3 ViRGE (onboard) graphics chipset with all of 2MB. Strangely, it could run GTA in 800x600, 32-bit in DOS, but under Windows it was restricted to 24-bit. Luckily most games actually had support for that bit depth, unlike today where everything simply crashes (P3's with Intel 810 chipsets anyone?). I gather I was about 14-15 then, and just getting into a new Metallica album of the time, ReLoad (in GTA1, it would play Low Man's Lyric while you were running around if you swapped the CD over!).

I most admit, I didn't play GTA much since about 2000. I only bought GTA3 (PS2) in around 2004, but never actually decided to play it for another year! Now I'm back to being a GTA fanatic, but the old DOS GTA 1 is long gone (ironically the old computer is still here and working). I have III, Vice City and San Andreas for both PC and PS2, and the two Stories games for PS2 only. I have never actually played GTA 2 before! blush.gif

archey
I first discovered San Andreas in 2003 when my stepbrother introduced it to me.

I was 11, and now at 14 I'm still hooked. biggrin.gif

I only started playing San Andreas in 2006. Although i remember watching the trailers for it on TV. I am 14 also smile.gif

downfall94

I was about maybe 8 or 9 at the time. I dont know it was when gta 3 just came out and i was born in 94 so do the math, anyway my dad got 3 but i wasnt alowed to play it because of the warnings and advisorys but anyhow i got to watch. I really wanted to play ""A"" gta so my dad took me to the video game rental store and i got GTA 1 and the gameboy color. LOL it was so diffrent but so fun. I played it alot. I never got to play 2 on the gameboy color till just recently when i downloaded the rom for my emulator. But anyways then my dad got me 1 and 2 for the PS1 and everyday after school i would hit the playstation. GREAT TIMES!!!