3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Rabia

If they re-made San Andreas..

Rabia

Let's say that in a couple of years Rockstar manages to re-make GTA: San Andreas for the PS3 with all the same characters, map, storyline, minigames but with the new graphics, engine, guns, vehicles, and an alternate ending, would you buy it? It would be a PS3 exclusive since the X360 dvd disc can't really handle that much(10GB dvd, 50GB blu-ray disc).

I know I would deffinetly buy this game the first day it comes out. I love GTA IV but I still think that GTA SA is still the best GTA, truly.

So, would you buy it?

To mods:

Can you make this a poll, please?

Talakua

No i wouldnt buy it, its an incredibly cheap and lame move when game companies do that. I mean why should i pay £40 for a polished SA thats essentially exactly the same as the old one? I want new storylines, new characters and new locations

Rabia
No i wouldnt buy it, its an incredibly cheap and lame move when game companies do that. I mean why should i pay £40 for a polished SA thats essentially exactly the same as the old one? I want new storylines, new characters and new locations

Can't you imagine the state of San Andreas in GTA IV graphics with Euphoria and everything?! It would be awesome!

I guess I'll have to dream on. dozingoff.gif

Talakua

Can't you imagine the state of San Andreas in GTA IV graphics with Euphoria and everything?! It would be awesome!

I guess I'll have to dream on. dozingoff.gif

Yeah it would look good graphic wise and the physics would be great fun, but using the same old storyline and map would just be, well... boring imo. If R* do go back to SA they should do what they did with IV and completely remake the map with bigger more realistic cities/countryside ect, and a completely new storyline, new characters, new features.

Zachstar

There will be no GTA PS3 exclusives. Period.. There is no way they would throw away THAT much market.

Emotion98.3

Let's say that in a couple of years Rockstar manages to re-make GTA: San Andreas for the PS3 with all the same characters, map, storyline, minigames but with the new graphics, engine, guns, vehicles, and an alternate ending, would you buy it? It would be a PS3 exclusive since the X360 dvd disc can't really handle that much(10GB dvd, 50GB blu-ray disc).

I know I would deffinetly buy this game the first day it comes out. I love GTA IV but I still think that GTA SA is still the best GTA, truly.

So, would you buy it?

To mods:

I can concur. Remember back in 2001, The graphics for the PS2 was awsome for its time. On a PS2 disc, all they could fit was The size of Liberty City, The Missions, Cars, etc. But as times progressed they figured out how they could put more stuff on the disc. Same with the 360 and PS3. All they can fit right now is a smaller Liberty City (Fraction of SA), Missions, Cars. But in a few more year, they will be able to fit alot more, after they figure out how the disc works.

biggrin.gif And why would R* waste that much money on a game to upgrade. And they would definitely not put it as exclusive. They would want more money have it be Multisystem. colgate.gif

Coral_City

It'd be a fantastic idea to see it! It is a cheap move when game companies do that, but hey, that's life, isn't it? You'll still dish out cash to play it. tounge.gif

sronsr
There will be no GTA PS3 exclusives. Period.. There is no way they would throw away THAT much market.

then why should there be a DS exclusive GTA? imo

NIKO_LIBERTY

Whenever you say there will be a PS3 exclusive everyone tries to shoot you down I mean it's pathetic. It's ok to say that the XBOX 360 will have a DLC but not to say that the next GTA will be a PS3 exclusive even though it's been CONFIRMED.

Flesh-n-Bone

Maybe because the DS exclusive is going to suck and Sony already had 2 exclusives, I don't care if they were low budget but both of them were only made for PS2 and PSP.

Claude4Catalina

If they remade it with a new storyline, graphics, missions and the same vehicles from IV only changed for the timeline, so if it was set in the 70's not havings the PMP 600 as a current gen 300C but as an older one or something like a Chrysler Imperial/New Yorker or older 300C. I think it would work and I would buy it. Remade game like your said, it woould be like HDTV-a polished version of usual TV.

damian001

It would be a PS3 exclusive since the X360 dvd disc can't really handle that much(10GB dvd, 50GB blu-ray disc).

Uh why not? San Andreas was pretty much the same size as GTA IV's Liberty City. All those cars, pedestrians, and missions would equal the same size from the original game. Besides, your oh-so beloved Blu-Ray disc didnt use all 50GB for GTA IV. It only used the same amount as the Dual-Layer disc for the 360 version.

I can concur. Remember back in 2001, The graphics for the PS2 was awsome for its time. On a PS2 disc, all they could fit was The size of Liberty City, The Missions, Cars, etc. But as times progressed they figured out how they could put more stuff on the disc. Same with the 360 and PS3. All they can fit right now is a smaller Liberty City (Fraction of SA), Missions, Cars. But in a few more year, they will be able to fit alot more, after they figure out how the disc works.

LOL no. GTA3 and GTAVC were only around 1.5 GB each when they were released. They didn't take all 5 GB of the disc. Rockstar simply decided to go for smaller maps and gameplay for faster releases. Then they decided to heavily overhaul the engine and size of San Andreas over a two year period and finally used up 5 GB.

Whenever you say there will be a PS3 exclusive everyone tries to shoot you down I mean it's pathetic. It's ok to say that the XBOX 360 will have a DLC but not to say that the next GTA will be a PS3 exclusive even though it's been CONFIRMED.

LOL confirmed by who? All Dan Houser said is that the 360's DL-DVD's are limiting a next generation GTA V, but he said nothing about the next console game being strictly PS3 exclusive.

You kids crack me up. rolleyes.gif

NIKO_LIBERTY

Confirmed in a edition of Playstation magazine it makes me laugh you accept a XBOX exclusive without no proof whatsoever that their is going to be one yet when their is solid proof of a PS3 exclusive you shoot it down. Sour grapes?

Flesh-n-Bone
Confirmed in a edition of Playstation magazine it makes me laugh you accept a XBOX exclusive without no proof whatsoever that their is going to be one yet when their is solid proof of a PS3 exclusive you shoot it down. Sour grapes?

Who the hell has talked about a Xbox exclusive? It's only the PS3 fanboys who go out and make up rumors about Sony-exclusives.

Talakua

How could it have been confirmed when GTA V hasnt even been announced yet? I very much doubt it will be a ps3 exclusive. You must have misread something. That, or you completely made it up.

Rucke

I would like that since I think SA had one of the best storyline and momarable charactres in the GTA series. But it would be cool if they did the same thing with III and Vice too.

Flesh-n-Bone

How could it have been confirmed when GTA V hasnt even been announced yet? I very much doubt it will be a ps3 exclusive. You must have misread something. That, or you completely made it up.

That guy has always had the dreams of PS3-exclusives, he made a topic for this a long time ago and his reason to backup the dreams was "why can't you XBOX fanboys accept it."

NIKO_LIBERTY

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=283

http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-12774.html

http://www.gamerandy.com/archives/2005/10/...eneration.shtml

Enjoy those links up there sigh.gif.

Although saying all this is stupid at the moment all efforts are locked on to the DLC and this is what Rockstar are currently focusing on. The DLC will cost extra money on top of the money you've already forked out for the normal game. Obviously Rockstar see the DLC see as major money and lot's of other companies have implemented this idea before. MGS4 JPN PSN plainly abused this ruling.

Flesh-n-Bone

So a forum is your 'source'?

LMAO, try again mate.

And no I would rather want a GTA out for PC, PS and Xbox.

NIKO_LIBERTY

I suggest you read the top link carefully.

Flesh-n-Bone

The top rumor is from a year ago or something, the PS-exclusive rumors have always lived, even GTA 4 was thought to be exclusive.

mufcjonnymufc
The top rumor is from a year ago or something, the PS-exclusive rumors have always lived, even GTA 4 was thought to be exclusive.

but 2 the 360

Flesh-n-Bone

but 2 the 360

Nah for PS.

And wtf does exclusive games have to do with a remake of San Andreas anyways?

get back on [email protected] I would love a remake with the same West Coast theme.

CheeseNuke

Yeah it'd be chucking 50% profits out of the window.

I wouldn't buy it, just because of some new graphics.

Emotion98.3

but 2 the 360

Nah for PS.

And wtf does exclusive games have to do with a remake of San Andreas anyways?

get back on [email protected] I would love a remake with the same West Coast theme.

I'm sorry but at the time, everybody thought Microsoft paid Rockstar for "Exclusivity For Xbox 360", because of the 50 Million dollars. Only to be "Exclusive Downloadable Content". I'm sorry to burst you're bubble but Fanboys are annoying (I'm not saying names). I also like the PS3 too, some very nice highly graphical games on there, many of the games that made Playstation a huge company that it is now colgate.gif . Same along with Xbox, if they didn't make Halo, it would of died.

Do you want to know what the definition of Fanboyism means. Fanbodyism is a person who is devoted to a console, just ONE console. This is because the (Fanboy) does not have a certain console that he/she wants.

Lets say that "Tom" has a 360. And "Ted" has a PS3. Ok now "Tom" also wants a PS3 so he will bash it and say everything to make his 360 seem like its the best one out of the all the systems. So when Tom gets a PS3 too, he will like both and not be a Fanboy.

And Vice Versa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fanboys are just jealus people who wants to have a nother Game console, but has no way of getting it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Emotion98.3

Flesh-n-Bone

I'm not a fanboy if that's what you tried to say, I would not mind which console I have, and at the moment I don't own either but I do have a Xbox (old one) and PS2 though.

Emotion98.3

I'm not a fanboy if that's what you tried to say, I would not mind which console I have, and at the moment I don't own either but I do have a Xbox (old one) and PS2 though.

Thats why i said i wasn't taking names. Because i wasn't Saying it too you colgate.gif . I was just annoyed with all the fanboyism angry.gif

I was just trying to point out that everybody thought that the 50 Million dollar deal was 360 Exclusitivity, which turned out to be DLC.

-Emotion98.3

GTA_dog

So, would you buy it?

To mods:

The Xbox 360 is supposedly getting some new material like the PS3 has when you can install the game on your system, Xbox 360 will get that along with other things this fall. So if SA was remade, PS3 and 360 owners alike would achieve the game. Unfortunately it just might be to late... I don't want to say that though since I still play SA to this very day! Remaking it would be alright... but it would need to be as ground breaking as III, VC, SA, and IV.

apache77pilot

i would love to see San Andreas again. just with a different storyline and characters and such.

JustRob

Nah I don't think I'd like a remake. Once you've seen it, you've seen it. That's why I didn't enjoy LCS after playing GTAIII, and I didn't enjoy VCS after playing VC. Although that was also because of the crappy graphics and horrible controls. I'm not used to playing GTA on PS or Xbox and never will get used to it. I hate controllers.