Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,997 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Dannepihls

User tracks doesn't work even after scanning

Question

Dannepihls

Hello,

My user tracks doesn't play in the game when I'm turning on "User tracks". I don't know why because I have scanned them and I have tested to have autoscan on and off but it doesn't work either. I've tried to put copies of the songs i the "User tracks" folder instead of shortcuts to them but that doesn't work either, what should I do? Also, it worked when I had version 2 of the game but in version one it doesn't work.

22 answers to this question

Girish

Are those mp3 files? If yes, then try converting them to either wav or ogg format.

Dannepihls
Are those mp3 files? If yes, then try converting them to either wav or ogg format.

will test that then, thanks smile.gif

artoorew

Try renaming the files in the User Tracks folder. This helped me.

gtamodder

Do the files have a long name? If so, try making them short. I had a problem where they wouldn't play too even after scanning, because the file name was too long.

artoorew
Do the files have a long name? If so, try making them short. I had a problem where they wouldn't play too even after scanning, because the file name was too long.

Yeah, that was the point in my earlier post. Thanks for making it clear, gtamodder smile.gif.

Dannepihls

Well the average amount of characters in my songs are 10, is that considered as a long name? what is the limit ?

Well I guess I'll just have to check it out , thanks smile.gif

artoorew
Well the average amount of characters in my songs are 10, is that considered as a long name? what is the limit ?

Well, I have put 50 Cent and The Game - Hate it or Love it. And it works, so I guess it's something to do with specific symbols in the track's name. Try removing (, ), _ symbols.

Dannepihls
Well, I have put 50 Cent and The Game - Hate it or Love it. And it works, so I guess it's something to do with specific symbols in the track's name. Try removing (, ), _ symbols.

I've tried to rename the songs to just 3 different characters like "one", "two" etc, that didn't work, different numbers as names didn't work either. Although these songs I have in the user tracks are shortcuts to the real songs in "my music" in my documents.

loveatif24x7x12x365

Copy the original song n not the shortcuts! i guess this time it will work!

Dannepihls
Copy the original song n not the shortcuts! i guess this time it will work!

Well I have been thinking that too, in fact that did work when I had version 2, but this time, that won't work either sad.gif

Girish

Didn't converting the files to either wav or ogg format work?

Dannepihls
Didn't converting the files to either wav or ogg format work?

Unfortunately not, none of those formats worked either sad.gif

Girish

3) USER RADIO STATIONS

User Radio Files

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas can support the playback of the users own audio files. By default the game ships with support for Windows Wave files (WAV) and Ogg Vorbis (OGG) files. Additionally, with the correct CODECS installed to your computer, you can playback MP3, WMA, M4A, etc. To facilitate playback of these formats you can -

Install the latest Apple QuickTime Player

or

Install Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 OR 10

or

Install a combined CODEC package

Dannepihls
3) USER RADIO STATIONS

User Radio Files

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas can support the playback of the users own audio files. By default the game ships with support for Windows Wave files (WAV) and Ogg Vorbis (OGG) files. Additionally, with the correct CODECS installed to your computer, you can playback MP3, WMA, M4A, etc. To facilitate playback of these formats you can -

Install the latest Apple QuickTime Player

or

Install Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 OR 10

or

Install a combined CODEC package

Well , I already have windows media player version 11 sad.gif

I don't understand why it doesn't work, it worked with ordinary mp3.files when I had version 2 of the game !

But thanks for your helping efforts , appreciated to say the least, because I really want this to workout !

Girish

How about installing a codec pack? Here's the one I use: K-Lite Mega Codec pack

You can even try other formats then.

Also, I remember, some time back, someone on the forums mentioned that he got the User Tracks to work by disabling his modem. I'm not sure about this, but if you have a modem, you can give it a shot.

Also, try deleting the sa-ufiles.dat and sa-utrax.dat files from the User Files folder and re-scan the user tracks.

Dannepihls
Also, try deleting the sa-ufiles.dat and sa-utrax.dat files from the User Files folder and re-scan the user tracks.

haven't got any of those whatsthat.gif

Girish

haven't got any of those whatsthat.gif

That is not normal. Those files are generated the moment you scan the User Tracks from the Audio options.

Run the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode and scan the tracks again.

If it's still not working, I suggest reinstalling the game and deleting the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder.

radioman

Try using shortcuts to the song files, that is the only way I am able to get the songs to play in game. Also, make sure the auto scan option is set to ON, so you don't have to manually scan everytime you add a song. I have almost 200 songs in my User Tracks Player (all shortcuts btw), and they all work perfectly.

Also try installing I-tunes/Quick Time player (both get installed together), Quick Time player can be found here. and see if that helps. The only two players I have are I-tunes/Quicktime and WMP 11, and have not had any problems with the player not working. Hope this helps.

Edited by radioman

Dannepihls

Also try installing I-tunes/Quick Time player (both get installed together), Quick Time player can be found here. and see if that helps. The only two players I have are I-tunes/Quicktime and WMP 11, and have not had any problems with the player not working. Hope this helps.

Got them all unfortunately sad.gif, but thanks for letting me know what autoscan did, have always wondered

Edited by Dannepihls

Dannepihls

If it's still not working, I suggest reinstalling the game and deleting the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder.

Alright, I'll try to reinstall the game again, just so you know I'm playing with a cd crack (included with downgrader patch) could that cause the problems perhaps? Also I found out that I had the sa-utrax.dat and sa-ufiles.dat files, but they were located in The game's folder and not my user folder.

I was also wondering what exactly the sa_sa.set file does

thanks in advance

Girish

Alright, I'll try to reinstall the game again, just so you know I'm playing with a cd crack (included with downgrader patch) could that cause the problems perhaps? Also I found out that I had the sa-utrax.dat and sa-ufiles.dat files, but they were located in The game's folder and not my user folder.

Wait a minute. Where did you say those files are located? Before reinstalling, just try copying the songs to the folder where the sa-utrx.dat and sa-ufiles.dat are located and then re-scan the tracks and see if they work.

I was also wondering what exactly the sa_sa.set file does

It stores the current settings for your game. IF you delete it, it'll be re-generated the next time you start the game with default settings.

jonay1997

COOL i put that song too!!!! XD