GTA San Andreas Vehicles

P12RysseN

Hello.

I've reinstalled GTA SA for like fifth time and I still experience problems with steering and the cars are a bit faster...

Here's a link on how it is for me (video)

Video Link

I clean installed it all five times, deleted User files, checked registry, everything you can think of!

Its still the same, whatever I do.

This is a REAL copy of the game, no downloaded game. I dont use any kind of no-cd cracks.

Well, I guess thats it..

Operating system: XP SP3

Video/Graphics card: ATi Radeon X1950XT 512mb

Processor: AMD X2 4600+

RAM: 2GB

-P12RysseN

Do you have the Frame Limiter on or off? If it is off, try turning it on, I did have a similar problem once with it off, turning it on fixed it for me. wink.gif

Switch back to 800x600 in your in-game resolutions.. this might slower the game.. This is the only thing i can think of. But if your game is very slow get back to your old resolutions.. Have you messed with the car details in the Handling.Cfg files(like increased the speed and things).?

cacarla,

It's a clean install, nothing modified, nothing.

gtamodder, How? confused.gif

Right-click on gta_sa.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Select Windows 98 or 2000.

I noticed someone who had a similar problem, he fixed it by right clicking handling.cfg, and checked read only. dontgetit.gif

I noticed someone who had a similar problem, he fixed it by right clicking handling.cfg, and checked read only. dontgetit.gif

Wouldn't that just mean that the file can no longer be edited manually? It just becomes write protected, right? I fail to see how that would solve the problem at hand. If it does though, I'd be stumped!

Wouldn't that just mean that the file can no longer be edited manually? It just becomes write protected, right? I fail to see how that would solve the problem at hand. If it does though, I'd be stumped!

Yeah, you would not be able to edit the file. I know VC has a similar problem too, and you can fix it by turning on read only on the handling.cfg file (I tried it on a laptop, and my Media PC and it fixes the problem, but it went away it self with it off,) but I suppose it should be the same for SA, since it worked for someone else.

Hmm.. Nothing of it really worked.. confused.gif

I even tried with my friends CD; didnt work either..

Done that too...

I've done pretty mutch everything you could do now confused.gif Cant seem to get it fixed nomatter what nervous.gifnervous.gifsad.gif

A format would be the only option I can think, sometimes if there is no way to fix the problem you have to format. bored.gif

This is like the wierdest problem we've ever faced. All the resoures we know have been provided but still no success. The last thing we can say is that you can post your problems on Google or Yahoo search engines and see what solutions you get?

Are you DAMN sure that there are no modifications that you're Handling.cfg file has undergone bored.gif ? because vehicle problems means, something kinky(if you know what i mean) has been done in the in that file.

Edited by cacarla

Yeah.

I manually delete everything with GTA to do after the uninstallation, and I delete anything with "San Andreas" in the registry, and yet.. problems.

Is it a possibility anyone could post an un-modified handling.cfg and such stuff which might be the problem? ph34r.gif

Is it a possibility anyone could post an un-modified handling.cfg and such stuff which might be the problem? ph34r.gif

Not sure, I don't think file sharing (uploading normal game files is not allowded here)

I don't think this has got anything to do with the handling.cfg file. The contents of the file are never changed by the game or the system.

In most cases like yours, the AMD Dual Core optimizer fixes the issue. But since you say it hasn't, try running the game on a single core.

Start the game. Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. In the Windows Task Manager, go to Processes and find gta_sa.exe. Right-click on it > Set Affinity and de-select either CPU 1 or CPU 0.

I've done that aswell.. I assume I've tried every kind of guide to fix this...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all i am new here and i dont know very good english i am from greece, i have a problem with cars tyres i go to mod garage and i put on my car the new wheels, my computer hes crashed rampage_ani.gifsuicidal.gif I need help and sorry for my orthography !! smile.gif

Hi all i am new here and i dont know very good english i am from greece, i have a problem with cars tyres i go to mod garage and i put on my car the new wheels, my computer hes crashed rampage_ani.gifsuicidal.gif I need help and sorry for my orthography !! smile.gif

We need to know if you have any mods installed or if you have used any trainers on your save.