[PS3]How long until Patch[PS3]

beavis

Us PS3 users pretty much have downloaded the new updates and have been enjoying the enabled XMB feature in our games, but one thing that struck me odd was that we still couldn't play our tunes. I talked to Yourneighborhoodkiller (YNK) and he said that R* has yet to release a patch for it.

So the discussion here is when will we get to see a patch for this fix? Days? Weeks? Would suck if we don't see until the next month or so, but I doubt the developers over at R* would make us wait that long.

Discuss!

Us PS3 users pretty much have downloaded the new updates and have been enjoying the enabled XMB feature in our games, but one thing that struck me odd was that we still couldn't play our tunes. I talked to Yourneighborhoodkiller (YNK) and he said that R* has yet to release a patch for it.

So the discussion here is when will we get to see a patch for this fix? Days? Weeks? Would suck if we don't see until the next month or so, but I doubt the developers over at R* would make us wait that long.

Discuss!

Not going to happen, why would they? That'll only cost R* money and doesn't earn anything, again, why would they? Expect in only in new games...

I would expect them to do so because XMB was a BIG deal in this latest firmware upgrade.

R* would only be doing a smart thing by updating the game to accommodate this current firmware upgrade, and would it really cost them that much money considering all the money they've made off of the game?

I'm sure it shouldn't take the developers that much brain power that it would start costing the company money. Besides, I'm sure those developers get paid on a salary.

PurplePerson07

Us PS3 users

Not going to happen, why would they? That'll only cost R* money and doesn't earn anything, again, why would they? Expect in only in new games...

They should release a patch for it, especially since IV was a disappointment for a lot of people and most people are already bored of single player.

Having the ability to play your own music would make me play single player again no doubt.

Edited by PurplePerson07

Alternatively you could listen to your mp3 player while playing GTA turn.gif

Just a thought monocle.gif

Us PS3 users

They should release a patch for it, especially since IV was a disappointment for a lot of people and most people are already bored of single player.

Having the ability to play your own music would make me play single player again no doubt.

Quoting, you're doing it wrong tounge.gif

Celtic_Assasinz

Forget the patch for ingame music via XMB, we need the frigging patch to fix the multiplayer problems (if they've finally found a solution to it). And they need to sort the voice problems whilst in multiplayer.

Forget the patch for ingame music via XMB, we need the frigging patch to fix the multiplayer problems (if they've finally found a solution to it). And they need to sort the voice problems whilst in multiplayer.

Didn't they fix that already? before I was disconnected from every game at like every few seconds back to single player, now that rarely happens and even if it happens we go into a new multiplayer game right? So I fail to see what's the big problem, it's only minor.

And as for the voice problems I don't really know because I never used a headset before or encountered anyone who used it smile.gif

Celtic_Assasinz

Didn't they fix that already? before I was disconnected from every game at like every few seconds back to single player, now that rarely happens and even if it happens we go into a new multiplayer game right? So I fail to see what's the big problem, it's only minor.

And as for the voice problems I don't really know because I never used a headset before or encountered anyone who used it smile.gif

They apparently fixed the problems but they still occur, I read somewhere that they are still researching into it, not sure how reliable that is.

multiplayer voice chat cuts out if you use the XMB whilst ingame, not sure if R* are aware of it, they must be by now as I know at least 5 people that have the same problem.

I'd much prefer it if they spent some money creating a better lobby system for multiplayer, so you can see what map, weapon set, how many players etc are chosen before entering the game.

Yeah fix Multiplayer first. Half the time I get invited, it says "Unable to join game session." And sometimes it'll just say "Lost connection" when I was experiencing no lag or difficulties.

PurplePerson07

Quoting, you're doing it wrong tounge.gif
and you are avoiding my message, you don't have a response for it because you know I am right about ingame music.

Hey, take my advice...just listen to your mp3 player or stereo or whatever. It's the same experience without the hassle for R* or Sony.

Hey, take my advice...just listen to your mp3 player or stereo or whatever. It's the same experience without the hassle for R* or Sony.

Yeah, even better, because you can control the music even while playing, while with ingame xmb you have to at least pause it, or get killed in MP.

Yeah, even better, because you can control the music even while playing, while with ingame xmb you have to at least pause it, or get killed in MP.

well I guess that solves that...

case solved? ph34r.gif

What is XMB?

XMB: xross media bar.

It looks like this

user posted image

ingame XMB is the same except when you pause the game you get all the same options as the Home menu.

Hope that clarifies things colgate.gif

Hey guess what? I don't have an mp3 player...

I haven't got much trouble with multiplayer, occasionally I will get some Lag, but that's hardly ever and I wouldn't know about the voice being cut off because I don't have a headset.

Thanks for the heads up though.

R* get to work!!!

Yeah we all know that it would make the game better, but lets stay on topic...How long until we get this patch? It's not like we know the exact date, so let's just speculate...

xNamexTakenx
What is XMB?

XMB: xross media bar.

It looks like this

user posted image

ingame XMB is the same except when you pause the game you get all the same options as the Home menu.

Hope that clarifies things colgate.gif

Okay, thank you. Yes, this clarifies things. icon14.gif

Discuss!

Why release patches at all? Why support your best selling game? Why not just ignore the entire fanbase like EA? confused.gif

Patches are free and meant to fix any problems in the game...in this case the 'problem' is that IV doesn't use the XMB as much as it could so why WOULDN'T they include in-game music from the XMB in the future? Other games are...besides with the massive financial success that is GTAIV I don't think it would be out of the question for R* to release one more free patch...

360 fanboy methinks...

Edited by fishing4monkeys

Its Not A Patch It Would Be An Update.... Besides I Would Love For It To Happen But I Guess It Wouldnt Happen... But If They Would They Would Do It When PS-HOME is On Open Beta Becuase They Officially Sayd They Would Be Something To Do With It... They Would Wait Till Then I Guess.... ImNot Sure I Dont Work For Them Who Knows What They Would Do...

f**k multiplayer. i have never used it and never will.

i just want patches for single player games.

and referring to the multiplayer patch. one is available. search it in google or something, loads of pages talking about it's release the other month.

Edited by ste_t_

Celtic_Assasinz

and referring to the multiplayer patch. one is available. search it in google or something, loads of pages talking about it's release the other month.

Yeah the multiplayer patch was released but it fixed f*ck all, well it fixed some things but not the main problems.

Yeah the multiplayer patch was released but it fixed f*ck all, well it fixed some things but not the main problems.

aye, so someone else is on the same wavelength.

i only know that patch is out due to boredom at work and seeing if there was anything about this 'new patch'

nothing available on the web about it so far.

Yeah we all know that it would make the game better, but lets stay on topic...How long until we get this patch? It's not like we know the exact date, so let's just speculate...

I guess it will never come out because only super stardust still suppoorts trophies after a couple weeks since release.

theres about 7 games in total at the moment compatible. i know that much.

i'll search for a link that shows it.

i can't guarantee how reliable, but it shed's some light.

ps3 trophy supported games

Edited by ste_t_

I guess it will never come out because only super stardust still suppoorts trophies after a couple weeks since release.

That doesn't make any sense.

Just because those games came out with updates a couple of weeks before release doesn't mean anything. Any develepor can update a game, it their f*cking job.

I give R* 2 weeks for them to come out with an update, but I wouldn't be suprised if it came before that.

Raven_Nytez

Is listening to your own songs really that important to breath new life into the game? I've had my PS3 for ages & it's never really bothered me, got a 360 t'other day & finally tried Saints Row, (one of the worst ingame music selections in my opinion) but so far it hasn't driven me to upload my own music as I don't pay that much attention to the music.