Skydiving

-maddog-

My AFF (Accelerated Free Fall) classes starts on August 6th, and in the course of two days i'll be a certified skydiver with an "A" license. If i make 200+ jumps within July next year ill do my first basejump in August next year. I am SO f*cking stoked!

Does anyone on here skydive?

user posted image

My sister went Skydiving in February of this year (as you probably already know lol!), for her 21st birthday. It really interested me and I'm going next April for my birthday. I'm sure it's quite an experience, and I don't mind the cost. Career wise it seems awesome as well. Getting paid to freefall, quality!

So yeah after I've first had a go I'll most definitely do it again, and do what you, and my cousin did by obtaining an "A" license. The buzz would be immaculate.

How does the sport of Base jumping work, in terms of legal issues? Does the licence allow you to join a base jumping commission or such?

Edited by Machida

That reminds me! My mate Edd told me last year he was taking up base jumping. I havent seen him since. We were over in Val'D'isere at the time so I assume he was heading over to Switzerland for his jumps. Ah f*ck it, im sure he's fine. The dick overcharged me for a ride to the airport anyway! (If your reading this Edd, I'm on to ya you posh f*ck!)

How does the sport of Base jumping work, in terms of legal issues? Does the licence allow you to join a base jumping commission or such?

There is no license needed for B.A.S.E, all you need is 200+ regular skydives (recommended but not required) and a good mentor for your first jump.

Also it is recommended that you jump from either a helicopter or a balloon, in order to practice "dead air" exits, meaning that you jump into still air.

user posted image

So when sky diving from a man made structure all you need is permission from whomever the owner would be? Or the nearest thing to an owner.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the theoretical part of my Skydiving course today, learned all the emergency and cutaway maneuvers, as well as canopy control, landing etc.. We jump tomorrow, depending on the weather!

Plane we will be jumping from

user posted image

user posted image

• 1 month later...

Had my AFF level 4-6 today, 7 (and last) course jump tomorrow, then i need 11 jumps as a solo jumper!! This kicks ass!

user posted image