Drive-By

Steve Crook

Steve Crook

I used to pay more attention to the instructions and the yelling from the other people in the car. But now when I do mission Drive-By I take my time.

I carry a well stocked SMG which does a lot more damage then those little Tec-9 or Micro-SMG things that the others carry. The others aren't great shots either. So I just drive slowly past the other gang, shooting as I go. If I don't get them all on the first pass I reverse or even stop by where they're standing.

Yes, it damages the car a bit more. But nobody said you couldn't go to the pay 'n' spray after each hit. You should hear the others panicking when we stop in the pay 'n' spray biggrin.gif

Sweet: Get us out of here CJ

Ryder: We're sitting ducks here

They keep on complaining like that even though we're miles away from the Ballas and their territory

I usually just need to visit the pay 'n' spray after hitting the first two groups of Ballas. But if we took more damage after hitting any one group then I'd just go there more often.

It's amazing what you can do if you ignore the instructions lol.gif

Steve

Mainland Marauder

Interesting. Sometimes the best way to get a mission done is not how it tells you to do it.

This is similar to my alternate method of doing the mission "OG Loc." Give it a try colgate.gif

Edited by Mainland Marauder

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

Why waste time anyway? I dont even shoot at them. I accelerate at them and kill as many as i can. There is usually one left, 2 if im unlucky, so i simply reverse over them. I do this for every group of Ballas. My car has never, ever, even in the first try, gotten below half-way health.

icon14.gif You're right steve doing the missions in the un-Traditional manner always gives a ot of happiness and relief as you have done it your way and its successful.

I'm with GC on not wasting time, for this mission only though. Drive-By is one of the easiest missions, in my opinion, and all I do is ram them. Most of them fall sprawled on the ground, dead. If they manage to get back up, the others', despite them being terrible shots, manage to take care of the remaining Ballas. After the Ballas are killed I go grab the police bribe in Glen Park, then another police bribe, usually the one west of Grove Street, and drive home without even needing to Pay'n'Spray.

Some other missions are extra-fun while wasting time though. Architectural Espionage, for example. Answer NO to the receptionist's questions and you get some hilarious conversation. I also like toying with the security guards by rapidly taking out and putting away my weapons, during that mission.

user posted image

Architectural Espionage, for example. Answer NO to the receptionist's questions and you get some hilarious conversation. I also like toying with the security guards by rapidly taking out and putting away my weapons, during that mission.

Yeah, i dothis as well.

I dont believe that i knew about this until my 4th time through SA though rolleyes.gif

Since then, when i enter i always bring out some insane weapon but they remain calm and politely ask me to put away my Heavy Artillary.

smile.gif

One of the nice things about This Game is the alternate ways of doing missions.

First game I played on the PS2 I was following all the directions given in the game.

On my next play I tried to not do anything the game or girlfriends said. Played much better.

Hate it though when the Game Insists CJ must use specific weapons and He loses the Better Weapon.

In drive-by I like to let the others do-for them and Jump out to collect the ammo and money.

Seems the cops come earlier if I let CJ do any shooting.

Edited by lil weasel

For Drive-By I just use the Sniper Rifle to pick off the Ballas from a distance, then move on to the next group. Sweet, Ryder, and Smoke keep yelling for C.J. to get back in the car, but it doesn’t matter. Then I’ll usually just run over the Ballas around the pond area.

Why waste time anyway? I dont even shoot at them. I accelerate at them and kill as many as i can. There is usually one left, 2 if im unlucky, so i simply reverse over them. I do this for every group of Ballas. My car has never, ever, even in the first try, gotten below half-way health.

That's how I roll biggrin.gif

I like cars more than guns though sooo...

Deuce Deuce

It's amazing what you can do if you ignore the instructions  lol.gif

Dragging out such a bland mission longer than it should normally take doesn't fit my criteria of amazing. tounge.gif

I usually drive full speed into the group in an attempt to crush as many of 'em as I can, and take the rest out with whatever SMG I'm carrying. But it's a pain in the ass if you wanna get out and pick up ammo and cash; Ryder will start saying how you're Busta' (f*ck you!). I even recall failing the mission once by doing so.

ReverendHolland

Badlands is a fun mission to prolong, because if you snipe the guy from a distance the FBI agents chase you anywhere and everywhere.

So I flew up to the cabin in a heli, snipe the guy and flew off in the heli, making them run all over the mountain hahah. Evntually I got bored and lured them off a cliff by hovering just off it.

Watching them fall to their deaths was fun biggrin.gif

$gt. Fletcher

In the mission Jizzy, before you enter his club from the rooftop, blow up the vehicle he would escape in afterwards, then he just steals a Pizza Boy and it's easy to knock him off of it.

But it's a pain in the ass if you wanna get out and pick up ammo and cash; Ryder will start saying how you're Busta' (f*ck you!). I even recall failing the mission once by doing so.

The same thing happened to me. I got out and sprayed a nearby tag, and Smoke suddenly got into the driver's seat, drove the gang away and I failed the mission. Whenever I do the mission now I get out and collect the ammo and cash but I don't waste any time. I even failed Nines and AKs that way.