Missing Magic

krazeepalya

krazeepalya

I love GTA4 dont get me wrong, its an amzing game but its missing that magic that Vice City and San Andreas oozed, you remeber going into Clucking bell and the guy in the "Chicken Hat" would say funny things like "Cluckety-f*ck" and "How may i further degrade myself" lol ......or the guy in the pizza shop would say "chewy crust or sweaty crust" and "what'ya want!" its these comical bits i miss sad.gif Now you just get ONE line "welcome to clucking bell how may i help you" zzzzzzzzzz

Where has Pro Laps gone? its in the game but you cant enter inside! that was dissapointing for me, the clothes range from suits to 1970 jackets and thats it sad.gif Even the radio station adverts are less funny, am i nit-picking? probably, but those were the bits i loved and now they are gone,...its lost a little bit of magic for me, ok the game is amazing no doubt but so many things i was looking forward to arent there anymore, the things that made gta great and different from other games.

Where have BMX bikes gone? and while we are on the subject of bikes does anyone ellse agree that the bikes handle VERY badly? its got TO serious, oh well, what do people think? confused.gif

Edited by krazeepalya

Saintdestroyer

I think the game sitll has that great sence of humor.

there is lots of humor, you've just got to look closley and listen carefully, like the pedestrian dialogue, the tv ads, and shop names like 'g&y bagguettes'

99.98% of teenagers surround their minds with cod4, if your a part of the 00.02% that doesn't own the game, put this in your sig.

krazeepalya

yeah sure i know ya right but i dont wanna listen carefully, thats my point, it should ooze that good old comic feel and for me it just doesnt sad.gif

but dont get me wrong the game is the dogs bits.

I think this is the funniest one yet. From eavesdropping on some weird ped conversatins, to the most balls-out digs at America (and I'm a fan of America). What other game would get away with Republican Space Rangers?

krazeepalya

Yeah that sh*t is funny as f*ck I got to admit:) there is loads of humour in the game but its not the gta humour we are used to,...maybe its because I was expecting the game to be like the earlier ones. I love the game and it is funny and f*cking beautiful to look at and great to play, please don¡¦t think I¡¦m slating it coz I aint but here are some things that I would of liked to see in the game....

1. More interactive websites because all those sites in tw@t and you cant really interact with any of them which seems pointless

2. Clucking bell with that funny chicken hat guy (just coz he is hilarious)

3. Car modding garages because vehicles are standard and WHY didn¡¦t they put that in,...even if it was only available at 100% completion!

4. Peddle bikes coz they would be cool to hack around the city, especially in multiplayer lol!

5. more clothes shops because 3 is not enough and all you have is A- suits, B-suits or C,-old 70's coats.....a bit boring because in San Andreas you could spend hours or days even just buying gear, in GTA4 after you have brought one or two suits then thats it really, i expected more from a next gen game

6. Parachutes coz to bail out of a helicopter and parachute down to the city would look lush!

7. WHY oh WHY did they put the Screamer rollercoaster in and not let us use it GRRRRRR LOL!

I could go on and on but I wont, I get the feeling Rockstar took so much time working on the graphics and the engine that they simply ran out of time because why would they put "PRO LAPS" the sports shop in the game but not allow it to be functional? Did they originally plan on making it functional but couldnt squeeze it in, it was delayed once?? Just a thought,...I really get the feeling the game is unfinished ...... such an amazing game but with so much missing

Edited by krazeepalya

I think this is the funniest one yet. From eavesdropping on some weird ped conversatins, to the most balls-out digs at America (and I'm a fan of America). What other game would get away with Republican Space Rangers?

Yeah...Republicans are idiots. Now I'm going to stand back while all the Republicans in the room try to explain why Bush was such a great catch.

Catalinaslover

Have to Agree with OP.

IV dont have that mockery silly fun that much or being edgy funny.

The tv commerciall for serated knifes=0 fun.Space rangers-history stuff pretty good.

IV is having a more serious dark vibe wich is done real good anyway.

DLC is gonna be very very interesting..to find out what they implement.

I hope for more interaction with websites -a camera that saves pictures and so on.

Yeah...Republicans are idiots. Now I'm going to stand back while all the Republicans in the room try to explain why Bush was such a great catch.

Cut it out. Republicans may argue against your statement, but we can all agree you're not helping anything by trying to derail the topic and turn it into a political discussion.

And keep in mind GTA makes fun of everyone; liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans. They always have simply by taking the extreme idiocy of each point and giving those traits to a character, usually on the radio. Just listen to that one PLR show about medicine. One's an extremist for pharmaceuticals, and another's into extreme homeopathic medicine. Both are ridiculous and out of touch with reality.

The original trilogy had magic that we all loved. But GTA IV was supposed and is something new. It has it's own magic. Sure things are different, but honestly I think these new and changed things are for the better. But you can't help but miss things from the previous GTA's. Classic.

I don't think any of the comedy in GTA series has been lost in IV, I just think that its a bit different to previous installments.

As for pedal bikes and parachutes (along with planes) I don't really miss. I am a big fan of the u-turn from heading towards fantasy back to realism.

I don't think that GTA IV is really lacking in features, it's just the 'fluff' that it's missing. It has many new features like cover-system and new driving physics but they are different to the features such as character/vehicle customisation and pointless yet enjoyable things which people expected.

JasonThummel

When I finally got to play Gta4, I dont know if I really liked it. Im starting to get used to the controls and the ways you can kill enemies is awesome! I managed to push that one guy out of 2 storie building and it was pretty amusing. tounge.gif

And then there was the mission where your at the train tracks, and you have to jump across the rails to chase him on the other side while he gets into his banshee... I whipped out my uzi and shot maybe 10 rounds into the roof with Autoaim off, and I heared "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" I was like sweet, A brand new sports car. Minus a couple holes in the roof tounge.gif The new damage is definately impressive as your car can potentially take an unbelievable amount of bullets before it effects the actual health of the vehicle. The shredding tires are really nice aswell, giving you a chance to crawl away with some rubber left.

I dont really like how you cant just peelout from a stand still in muscle cars anymore either. Im going to have to wait to buy the PC version so that I can make the necesary adjustments to the game.

One thing. BMX!

Modding too! But there's already modded cars in GTA IV =\

Graphics, features, story, GTA 4 is better; but fun factor, personally I'd still vote for San Andreas.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but I think that alot of the promised elements in the game either didn't make the cut or came up a bit short. I personally thought the game was shallow at times where it could have been a bit more immersive. The missions were also a bit shallow. You're here....go there....shoot that....protect him.....lose the police...."Take me back to my safehouse!"...Mission Completed (Saving game data please do not turn off console...).