Are You Morbid?

Slamman

Makes me think of Webcams in a new light --

2007: Kevin Whitrick, a 42-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself live on a webcam during an internet chat session.

1899: Félix Faure, French president, died of a stroke while in his office. It is popularly believed that he was "in the arms of his mistress" at the time, perhaps receiving oral sex.

Now that's how I want to go...

Poor Budd Dwyer though.... I read a background on Wiki about that suicide...though he starts by thanking the Lord, then takes his life in the end, just makes you wonder how he got where he did in life!

Obviously didn't fear burning in Hell for eternity.

Wiki reported that his plan was to die while still in office so they [his family] got the money from his pension, if he was sent to jail he'd lose his finances.

Some of those deaths were pretty stupid. Some of them odd though. I feel sorry for that 6 year old girl at the end though.

336: Arius, the heretical priest who precipitated the Council of Nicea, passed wind and evacuated his internal organs.

I better keep away from whatever he was eating. tounge.gif

The Unvirginiser

Fantastic read icon14.gif Thanks for posting!

The one about death by laughter because of his drunken donkey was the best biggrin.gif

Wanted Assailant

Australia. In February 1995, a man committed suicide on parkland in Canberra, Australia. He took a pump action shotgun and shot himself in the chest. The load passed through the chest without hitting a rib, and went out the other side. He then walked fifteen meters, reloaded, leaned the shotgun against his throat, and shot his throat and part of his jaw. Breathing through this gunshot-inflicted tracheotomy, he reloaded, walked 136 meters to a hill slope, lay down on the slope, held the gun against his chest with his hands and operated the trigger with his toes. This shot entered the thoracic cavity and demolished the heart, killing him.

Impressed.

After Meiwes and the victim jointly attempted to eat the victim's severed penis, Meiwes killed his victim and proceeded to eat a large amount of his flesh

Bernd-Jürgen Brandes actually wished he was to be killed and eaten. So no need for any comments.

Sharon Lopatka, an Internet entrepreneur from Maryland, allegedly solicited a man via the Internet to torture and kill her for the purpose of sexual gratification. Her killer, Robert Fredrick Glass, was convicted of voluntary manslaughter for the homicide. 

Same as above, but the man was convicted.

Sharon Lopatka wanted to be tortured and killed.

Jeff Dailey, a 19-year old gamer, became the first known person to die while playing video games. After achieving a score of 16,660 in the arcade game Berzerk, he succumbed to a massive heart attack. A year later, an 18 year old gamer died after achieving high scores in the same game

How Ironic.

King of Sweden, Adolf Frederick, died of digestion problems on February 12, 1771 after having consumed a meal consisting of lobster, caviar, sauerkraut, smoked herring and champagne, which was topped off with 14 servings of his favorite dessert: semla served in a bowl of hot milk.He is thus remembered by Swedish schoolchildren as "the king who ate himself to death." 

That was an interesting way to die.

The Dyatlov Pass incident seems intriguing. Nine people killed by an unknown force, bodies found radiated, reports of orange spheres near the area. The case is closed with no suspects. Edited by Teqila

2007: Jennifer Strange, a 28-year-old woman from Sacramento, died of water intoxication while trying to win a Wii console in a KDND 107.9 "The End" radio station's "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest, which involved drinking large quantities of water without urinating

WTH? is this real? how f*cking stupid can you get.

Yeah, that was a pretty big deal when it happened. Got heavy coverage from local news stations in California.

The important thing is she won. Actually, I'm not sure about that. Raw deal.

I heard about that, yeah.

BTW, hilarious comment.

1916: Grigori Rasputin, Russian mystic, was poisoned while dining with a political enemy, and supposedly he was given enough poison to kill three men his size. When he did not die, one assassin sneaked up behind him and shot him in the head, and while checking Grigori's pulse he was grabbed by the neck by the mystic and was strangled. He proceeded to run away, while the other assassins chased. They caught up to him after he was finally felled by three shots during the chase. The pursuers bludgeoned him, then threw him into a frozen river. When his body washed ashore, an autopsy showed the cause of death to be drowning. There is now some doubt about the credibility of this account, though

Jeez! If that was true, that guy must have been friggin' hagrid!

1947: The Collyer brothers, extreme cases of compulsive hoarders were found dead in their home in New York. The younger brother, Langley, died by falling victim to a booby trap he had set up, causing a mountain of objects, books, and newspapers to fall on him crushing him to death. His blind brother, Homer, who had depended on Langley for care, died of starvation some days later. Their bodies were recovered after massive efforts in removing many tons of debris from their home

Guess it does pay to have a clean house.

^ That last one seemed like I read it in the Guinness World Record book, but that was likely just a similar name...for the World's tallest and smallest man at the time... I can't really recall.

That one sounded strange enough for a documentary on the subject!

WastedEngland

1977: Tom Pryce, a Formula One driver, and a 19-year-old track marshal Jansen Van Vuuren both died at the 1977 South African Grand Prix after Van Vuuren ran across the track beyond a blind brow to attend to another car which had caught fire and was struck by Pryce's car at approximately 170mph. Pryce was struck in the face by the marshal's fire extinguisher and was killed instantly.

I youtube'd this and it's pretty gruesome, Each death was horrible and you don't even see the body of the guy who got hit. barf8bd.gif

Click If You Want...

Adam Jensen
1998: In Congo, a soccer game ended when every player on the visiting team was struck by a fork bolt of lightning, killing them all instantly.

What are the odd's of being struck by lightning?, in the millions?, 11 people killed by lightning at the same time, now that's crazy mercie_blink.gif.

Well anyone can edit Wikipedia so I wouldn't believe everything they say

Taste Of Chaos

I lol'ed at the French president one.

Dirty old git.

At least he died happy though.

Opportunity knocks once in a lifetime, temptation will lean on the doorbell.

1998: In Congo, a soccer game ended when every player on the visiting team was struck by a fork bolt of lightning, killing them all instantly.

What are the odd's of being struck by lightning?, in the millions?, 11 people killed by lightning at the same time, now that's crazy mercie_blink.gif.

Well anyone can edit Wikipedia so I wouldn't believe everything they say

Also means they can edit it back correctly as well!

Proven with the GTA soundtrack, however, one would need some proof somewhere. I still think it's a fantastic resource, regardless, and what else is there like Wiki?!?! monocle.gificon14.gif

1977: Tom Pryce, a Formula One driver, and a 19-year-old track marshal Jansen Van Vuuren both died at the 1977 South African Grand Prix after Van Vuuren ran across the track beyond a blind brow to attend to another car which had caught fire and was struck by Pryce's car at approximately 170mph. Pryce was struck in the face by the marshal's fire extinguisher and was killed instantly.

I youtube'd this and it's pretty gruesome, Each death was horrible and you don't even see the body of the guy who got hit. barf8bd.gif

Click If You Want...

Damn! Looks like he got ripped in half. cry.gif

I watched it too.... His body is spun up in the air like a ragdoll and lands as many parts of a once whole body. Imagine trying to clean the remains for burial??

It just shows you how deadly racing has always been. Luckily safety was implemented as it needed to be, but in the infancy of car racing, there was little of anything regarding any safety at all!!

Adam Jensen

Racing is a stupid "sport". They should outlaw it completely. I mean, all they do is spending millions and millions of dollars on a mindless activity. The concept of racing is moronic. All they do is drive around in circles for hours.

Sadly, that happened one too many times in the old days of F1. Watching Roger Williamson's March 731 burn to the ground at the 1973 Dutch Grand Prix as fire marshals stood around and did nothing is a very disturbing thing to see. Only person that was trying to get him out of the car was fellow driver David Purley. Safety in racing has come a long way since then.

Racing is a stupid "sport". They should outlaw it completely. I mean, all they do is spending millions and millions of dollars on a mindless activity. The concept of racing is moronic. All they do is drive around in circles for hours.

Racing is more than that, it's not just about being the fastest, it's more than that it's about pushing the human body and mind to its physical and mental limits, and to find out how can overcome all odds not just to win a trophy but to be called almost superhuman, it's a passion and a giver of life and of death also, racing isn't just about racing it's more than that.

You know that you can say the same thing about any sport. confused.gif

DVf9mQs.png

Formerly known as The General

DudeWeresMyHog
Makes me think of Webcams in a new light --

2007: Kevin Whitrick, a 42-year-old man committed suicide by hanging himself live on a webcam during an internet chat session.

Yea I read about that somewhere else, apparently some of the people in the chat room were trying to persuade him not to do it while others were saying things like "C'mon you stupid f*ck you cant even hang yourself properly" when he couldn't get the noose around his neck. The guy had kids aswell.

Sadly, that happened one too many times in the old days of F1. Watching Roger Williamson's March 731 burn to the ground at the 1973 Dutch Grand Prix as fire marshals stood around and did nothing is a very disturbing thing to see. Only person that was trying to get him out of the car was fellow driver David Purley. Safety in racing has come a long way since then.

If you watch those Extreme video shows here in the States, they cover crashes in any type of sport, air shows, biking, motobikes, cars, off road, boating...

Even Jetskis can be fatal.

I find it rather alarming that was 1977, many years after horse and buggy vs automobile, when people had some idea of the danger. Of course Ralph Nader referred to the Chev. Corvair as being Unsafe at Any Speed. I still laugh that off.

You don't think of the Corvair as a death trap.

I do think circle track racing is wasting fossil fuels so we need to do racing and alternative fuels!!

WastedEngland

I know, I think he did cry.gif First I thought his trousers flew off but when they flipped with the same motion of the rest of his body I realised.

Also was shocked at how violently his body flipped, even if he survived the impact that slam would have killed him just as quick.

Never expected that from a car impact, even if the cars travelling at 170mph.

Im kind of glad the video isn't in higher quality. barf8bd.gif

It's only a few seconds also shown in slow motion, there you see it's as if a heli blade had flipped the body. You've seen the Cameron film Titanic I assume? Recall the bodies hitting the propeller blades in that recreation?

Same effect.

I know, I think he did cry.gif First I thought his trousers flew off but when they flipped with the same motion of the rest of his body I realised.

Also was shocked at how violently his body flipped, even if he survived the impact that slam would have killed him just as quick.

Never expected that from a car impact, even if the cars travelling at 170mph.

Im kind of glad the video isn't in higher quality. barf8bd.gif

You do realize the car that hit that kid was tom pryce the fire extinguisher hit his helmet that the kid had hold of and the strap nearly sliced his head off because it hit upwards, one of F1's most freakiest accidents.

There's a couple posted on YT. I read that in the comments section.

Actually one of the car pileups in California has been YT for a few years now.... Now they are actually using it on USA TV for an insurance advert! I was surprised as it was somewhat shocking footage!

Wanted Assailant

Warning: Pic of Keven Whitrick's death, news and comments posted by others.

WARNING: f*ckING WARNING. You are about to see the still picture of Kevin Whitaker's cybercam hanging. You can find the picture around the Internet. I might go and post the source. and website

WARNED

Warned Again.

user posted image

Eh, it's not that bad.

Edited by Wanted Assailant

WastedEngland

It's only a few seconds also shown in slow motion, there you see it's as if a heli blade had flipped the body. You've seen the Cameron film Titanic I assume? Recall the bodies hitting the propeller blades in that recreation?

Same effect.

Yeah I remember that part, it's just horrible seeing it in real life (by that I mean real events and not dummy's and filmsets)

especially with how hollywood films can exaggerate things.

You do realize the car that hit that kid was tom pryce the fire extinguisher hit his helmet that the kid had hold of and the strap nearly sliced his head off because it hit upwards, one of F1's most freakiest accidents.

I found how the marshall died more horrifieing though, the amount of force involved to make his body flip and split in half is really shocking. Tom Pryce being almost decapitated by his helmet strap isn't much less gruesome either, espiecally looking at the images later on in the video.

I guess no matter how much gore you see in the cinemas, the real deal will always leave you feeling unsettled.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.