GTA Wii & DS

gamesguru

CryptReaperDorian
All the douchebags in this thread make me want to jump off a bridge.

Nintendo isn't a "family-friendly" company.  If the Wii was meant for children, then you would never have games like Manhunt 2 and Scarface: The World is Yours on it.  The reason why you don't see nearly enough good mature rated titles on the Wii is due to poor third-party support.  All the developers wanted to work with technology that's more up-to-date.  Get that sh*t through your thick skulls.  After the release of the Wii U and Xbox 720 (or whatever it will be called), both the Xbox 360 and PS3 will start getting poor third-party support just like the Wii currently does.  It's not long until you start seeing yearly sport titles and games made on a very low budget being the only new titles for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

^Refer to the brony above me.

Hey, asswhipe... the Wii was DEFINITELY marketed for a more younger audience and trying to get families to play with their kids (and make money off 'em), hence all the f*cking countless Mario commercials and perfect families playing them. Look at all the games that got most marketing. And they only made SOME mature titles of all the criticism it got for lack of said titles. It was NEVER going to be the interactive super next-gen interactive gaming experience everybody thought it could be. Stop f*cking crying.

Did you ever happen to think the Mario franchise is by far one of the most popular franchises out there? The entire franchise has possibly sold over three times that of the GTA franchise. Just like the Xbox 360 and PS3, the Wii was targeted to every audience. Poor third-party support is the only reason why you don't see many mature rated titles on the Wii. That means just about every well-known developing teams were too much of pussies to even make games for the Wii. If you don't like the truth, then go talk to Nintendo's Reggie. He'll talk some sense into you.

If you don't like the truth, then go talk to Nintendo's Reggie. He'll talk some sense into you.

user posted image

Jesus Christ. Calm the f*ck down, people.

OT: I don't own a Wii, but it would be cool knowing that there's a GTA out there in the very case that I do end up getting one eventually.

There's a reason we can't have nice things around here and cause of idiots like you guys. If you really want to continue your petty little 6 year old argument over which console is better and why take it to PM, otherwise, shut up and grow up and learn to discuss things civilly. Either way I don't want to see any more here.

Johnny Playert
All the douchebags in this thread make me want to jump off a bridge.

Nintendo isn't a "family-friendly" company.  If the Wii was meant for children, then you would never have games like Manhunt 2 and Scarface: The World is Yours on it.  The reason why you don't see nearly enough good mature rated titles on the Wii is due to poor third-party support.  All the developers wanted to work with technology that's more up-to-date.  Get that sh*t through your thick skulls.  After the release of the Wii U and Xbox 720 (or whatever it will be called), both the Xbox 360 and PS3 will start getting poor third-party support just like the Wii currently does.  It's not long until you start seeing yearly sport titles and games made on a very low budget being the only new titles for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

^Refer to the brony above me.

Hey, asswhipe... the Wii was DEFINITELY marketed for a more younger audience and trying to get families to play with their kids (and make money off 'em), hence all the f*cking countless Mario commercials and perfect families playing them. Look at all the games that got most marketing. And they only made SOME mature titles of all the criticism it got for lack of said titles. It was NEVER going to be the interactive super next-gen interactive gaming experience everybody thought it could be. Stop f*cking crying.

Did you ever happen to think the Mario franchise is by far one of the most popular franchises out there? The entire franchise has possibly sold over three times that of the GTA franchise. Just like the Xbox 360 and PS3, the Wii was targeted to every audience. Poor third-party support is the only reason why you don't see many mature rated titles on the Wii. That means just about every well-known developing teams were too much of pussies to even make games for the Wii. If you don't like the truth, then go talk to Nintendo's Reggie. He'll talk some sense into you.

Listen man, i couldn't care less about the Nintendo Wii... i'm just stating my views. Of course Super Mario is a big franchise (don't forget it's also because of the shear number of titles released, and timespan since Super Mario Bros. being one of the first populair games ever to arise), hell i couldn't stop playing it on the SNES, but my point is, that the Nintendo Wii was certainly portrayed as a more younger kid's gaming set (especially when it first came out). Just through marketing alone. Now what do you expect people to think after years of these commercials man... and whenever someone says 'there are no real mature games for Wii', everybody shoves that ManHunt game, Madworld and also Chinatown wars for DS under our noses. Always the same thing. Again, just stating how i see it, and how it's viewed here in Holland generally.

Going back on topic:

Can any of you guys imagine playing GTA on a 3ds (or any 3D supported device for that matter)?

I think it may have potential after I played through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

There's a reason we can't have nice things around here and cause of idiots like you guys. If you really want to continue your petty little 6 year old argument over which console is better and why take it to PM, otherwise, shut up and grow up and learn to discuss things civilly. Either way I don't want to see any more here.

user posted image

G1T

Johnny Playert

I face palmed so hard my nose started bleeding.

You are aware of this right?

user posted image

No difference

Lol, that's got nothing to do with things. I think Kinect sucks too. Move also. That's just the way they sell these things, with kiddie games, which is my point to begin with.

Let's get back OT. I don't think what OP said will happen, cus of lack of appeal for it.

Edited by Johnny Playert

CryptReaperDorian

I feel you with the SNES and Mario. Super Mario World is the definition of an outstanding game regardless of how old the game is. Perhaps the commercials are targeted more towards children, but I don't think it's fair to blame Nintendo. They can't advertise titles that don't get released on their platform. That's common sense. Manhunt 2 and GTA CW are brought up since they are both quite violent games, and they are both made by R* (one of the few companies that isn't shy of Nintendo platforms).

Now, since is the GTA V forum, that's the real topic. Depending on the release dates, the Wii U can be redemption for Nintendo. Will we see GTA V on the Wii U? It's possibly too early to tell, but I won't rule it out at all. It's been said before that R* likes Nintendo platforms just as much as Microsoft and Sony platforms. After all, R* North's first experience with an open world game in a "3D" setting (I wrote 3D as "3D" since the first GTA games were 3D even though many people don't consider that as 3D) was on the Nintendo 64. Nintendo will also happily accept GTA V onto their consoles since it pull in quite a bit of money, and it will possibly remove the horrible image they get from core gamers. There's almost no reason why GTA V shouldn't be on the Wii U.