Need Help With CD Cover Template

CCPD

I want to design a CD inlay cover, but I just can’t manage to get the right size. When I get templates from the Internet, they look too big when I open them. When I measured and entered the measures in Photoshop, it looked a lot smaller than a real thing. Why is that, and how and where I can get the template of a CD inlay, which when printed will be the exact match for CD inlay as it supposed to be?

Have you tried printing off a test cover using the measurments you took yourself to see if it prints the right size? I've had that problem with photoshop before where it looked smaller on the screen than what I measured.

user posted image

SRS Incorporated

I've had that problem with photoshop before where it looked smaller on the screen than what I measured.

Yeah, I've had that problem as well. Some say that it has to do with default settings, screen resolution, or hell, I'm not quite sure. But, as I said, I have had that problem before. No big really, you just really can't tell the right size from the Photoshop 'sizes' to the actual printout. But, as rhyn said above, just go ahead and print it out and see.

Could we get a final product visual when finished?

Maybe Trial Nero? That has a Cover Designer in it.

But I needed one too, and my printer had the options and I think I used 5" x 7". I needed to trim it a little but it was ok.