bold the "search" button

sronsr

how about making the search button more noticable or advertise to use it?

ie. next to "new topic" there will be a "Search" button with the same style

or under the forum name/sub-forum name there will be an ad just like the spoiler tag one saying something like

"please use the search function before posting", if needed in bold

also add a quick search of the current forum(ie. if in IV section it'll search the whole IV section, if in IV gameplay section it'll search that section only), 30 days or newer and no specific name, just a box to enter the keywords, no new page for that

ie. next to "new topic" there will be a "Search" button with the same style

This is actually a good idea, IMO.

also add a quick search of the current forum(ie. if in IV section it'll search the whole IV section, if in IV gameplay section it'll search that section only), 30 days or newer and no specific name, just a box to enter the keywords, no new page for that

This is already available, but the search field is at the bottom-right of the page, so less noticeable. Having it up top wouldn't be a bad idea, IMO.

edit: Just to clarify, I'd say one or the other, not both. Either a quick-search bar at the top, or a button to the search page. Preferably the former.

Not sure if this highlights my blindness or supports the OP's arguments... but I have never even noticed the search bar at the bottom (never needed to use search though)... It would seem to make more sense to have it at the top of the page.

My 2 pence.

Good idea.

It always takes me awhile to find the

Forum Tools

• Search

• Members

• Calendar

• Help

bit. sigh.gif

It would seem to make more sense to have it at the top of the page.

user posted image

Unfortunately, majority of the GTAF'ers are hyperopic. It isn't big/bold enough for them.

user posted image

Unfortunately, majority of the GTAF'ers are hyperopic. It isn't big/bold enough for them.

and it never will be. take the mod showroom for example, theres big bold f*cking letters saying not to post request or unfinished stuff yet they still do. there is nothing that can be done to stop the onlsaught of posts in the wrong section, and unnescary topics

user posted image

Having the search there is just really really bad UI design... nevermind the terrible accessibility issues.

Where is is the search bar in 90% of websites? They are all wrong? There are other points of reference outside of this forum guys.