So I just got the PC version

Eagleheart

Already downgraded it to version 1 to mod it and played a little SA-MP. Anyone know any good mods for a single player playthrough. I've beaten the game at least 6 times on my ps2 but I'm looking for something fun to try on the PC version.

The GTA SA California Mod is excellent mod, real cars, real textures, script mods, and loads of real things.

Deuce Deuce

Depends what you're looking for. Vehicle mods, script mods, texture mods, skins, etc. I find this site to be pretty good.

Depends what you're looking for. Vehicle mods, script mods, texture mods, skins, etc. I find this site to be pretty good.

Yeah, have you seen their recent Bullet Monster Truck Mod; amazing!

user posted image

Here is another site that is dedicated to mods:gta-worldmods

It's in German, but to the left you can translate it into either English Or French icon14.gif .

Edited by gamesguru

Hmm, but are there any mods that add on to the standard storyline missions and other large-scale content or is all just stuff like making cars and peds look different.

Hmm, but are there any mods that add on to the standard storyline missions and other large-scale content or is all just stuff like making cars and peds look different.

You can search in the Mission Mods Showroom. The Grand Theft Car mod is quite good, but it's in Russian.

Things To Do In San Andreas 'Till You're Dead.

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1194

In my opinion, this is one of the most exciting and major Total conversion Mods avaliable for GTA SA and is one which will extend playtime, enjoyment of the game. In fact, it makes the original GTA SA look more like a rushed Beta when you consider what this Mod activates and adds to. Any basic list of features that I could do wouldn't do it justice so best to check out the site.

You will have to start a completely new game to use this and previous saves will not work. You might want to wait for the final version because you will probably have to start from new again.

Deuce Deuce

For the most part, yeah, it's the latter you mentioned. You can mod different things to a large extent; there just aren't that many (that I know of) script mods. There are some, but a lot of them are largely incomplete and glitchy. As far as I'm aware, script mods involve A LOT of work, reason being to why there aren't many (or at least many 'complete' ones) around.