help with save download!

jothom21

where are the gta san andreas save files? i need to paste there a downloaded save game!!! i got wind vista and i cant find any my documents file!!

On Vista, there could be a few locations:

Public\Public Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\Data

This is only if you're running the game in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode.

The default location should be:

C:\Users\your username\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files

On Vista, there could be a few locations:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\Data

well,i found a fix programme but it only made things worse...i cant save the game...it says"check your directory files" and such sh*t...what am i supposed to do now?? pff...can somebody give me his/her msn account because it seems i need help...

First step - Use Windows Search and search for a file named gta_sa.set. Wherever this file is, that's where your saved files should be.

First step - Use Windows Search and search for a file named gta_sa.set. Wherever this file is, that's where your saved files should be.

actually there's a problem...i cant save the game and it says i should check my save directory etc.....oh,well,i did what u said and it doesnt find anything like that...i think i'll install windows xp again...vista is crap anyway....!! oh,almost forgot...my friend gave me a fix programme but it only made things worse!! jesus...

What's your Windows User account name? Does it have a period (.) in it?

What's your Windows User account name? Does it have a period (.) in it?

nuh...it's just "john"....

Try reinstalling the game to My Documents and see if you can save then.

nuh...everytime i try to save the god damn game it says: warning! cannot save the current game.please check your directory and try again... cryani.gif

hey! i found a gta_sa.set 3kb! it's in the san andreas file! but i still cant save the game!

hey! i found a gta_sa.set 3kb! it's in the san andreas file! but i still cant save the game!

Did you delete that file? If not, then do it.

i deleted this file,but i still cant save the game."check your savegame directory and try again" is the message i get...i also noticed that a new gta_sa.set file is auto created again....

i deleted this file,but i still cant save the game."check your savegame directory and try again" is the message i get...i also noticed that a new gta_sa.set file is auto created again....

If you delete the set file, a new set file is created everytime you start the game.

Try reinstalling the game to the drive where Windows is installed (most probably C drive). Vista has a lot of heirarchy problems, so it can't be ascertained as to where exaclty the game would work.

Also, try running the game as Administrator. Right click on gta_sa.exe and select Run as.

If that doesn't help, create a new user account and reinstall the game to that account.

If you delete the set file, a new set file is created everytime you start the game.

Try reinstalling the game to the drive where Windows is installed (most probably C drive). Vista has a lot of heirarchy problems, so it can't be ascertained as to where exaclty the game would work.

Also, try running the game as Administrator. Right click on gta_sa.exe and select Run as.

If that doesn't help, create a new user account and reinstall the game to that account.

yeah!! it worked! i created another user,installed the game and i can save the game!

THANKS A LOT MAN...IF THERE'S SOMETHING I COULD DO FOR U....!!!

U ARE THE MAN!!!!!! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!