Advanced GFX Options?

Deuce Deuce

Deuce Deuce

I've looked around on Google for a while but to no avail, but basically I'd like to know if there's any way I can make performance tweaks to the game. I've seen some that said they were able to alter texture filtering and other "advanced" options to that effect. I'd also like to know whether or not you can somehow enable frame sync, and if so, how.

Thanks for any input. smile.gif

What performance tweaks are you exactly looking for? Are you willing to compromise on graphics?

Also, posting your system specifications could help.

By peformance tweaks, do you mean an increase in FPS? If so thats what you mean, try turning off the Frame Limiter. I can get 60-70fps at 1680 x 1050 with 3 x AA At very high quality with full draw distance with the FL off. And I have 2gbs RAM, A 7600 GT, And a E6400.

Deuce Deuce

I already have FL turned off.

I haven't properly checked, but I am getting pretty good frames. But my problem is it doesn't look as "smooth" as it should. With FL off I get these lines across the screen as I rotate the camera (I believe it means frame sync is disabled). However, with FL turned ON, it's a different matter. I no longer get the jagged lines, but of course the game plays at a horrid framerate. Maybe frame sync works in conjunction with the frame limiter? There must be a way to tweak that...

It's not that big a deal, though, I'd just like to solve it if I can. Always better to check anyway. smile.gif

@girishb: I do plan on upgrading soon, but here are my current specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+

2GB RAM

ATi Radeon X1800 XT

Windows XP, SP2

Not overly amazing, but not completely outdated either.

Your system specs are more than sufficient.

And what fps do you get normally? If you're ok with 35-40fps while frame limiter is turned on and if you have v1, then I suggest you try the Frame Limiter Patch.

Deuce Deuce

Using the patch, with FL turned on I get a solid 30fps. dontgetit.gif But the jagged line issue is solved. With it off, I get about 100fps indoors and 40-60fps outdoors. I may as well just keep it off.

However, shouldn't the patch force the game to output 40fps as opposed to 30?

However, shouldn't the patch force the game to output 40fps as opposed to 30?

It should, but somehow it doesn't. The max I have ever got is 35fps and that too it isn't stable. But then, I have an on-board graphic card so I can't expect much.

So, is your gameplay smooth now or is it still rough?

Deuce Deuce

Weird. I'm not fussed anyway; if I'm getting 40+ fps I'd rather keep FL off if it's going to limit that anyway.

Edit: Hmm, with everything turned on low (0 x AA, visual FX: low, FL: off, 0 x draw distance) at 640x480, it still drops to the low 40's on average, with barely anything going on at the same time, on-screen. This leads me to believe it's a problem other than insufficient enough specs to run the game on what I had it on before. Any ideas, guys?

Edited by Deuce Deuce