SA crashes whenever I add IPLs

bigq

I've tried to add two mods (Enterable Buildings and a Subway for Cluckin' Bell) and both required replacement IPL files. I installed each mod, following the readmes to the letter, and halfway through loading my save game, the game crashes with the loading bar just over half full. I think I have to adjust the IPL limitations with Sacky's Limit Adjuster but I'm unsure which thing to adjust. None of the readmes gave any mention of adjusting IPL figures but I'm sure this is the problem. Can anyone give me any good values to which I should adjust it to?

Edited by bigq

I didn't add any new IPLs, just replaced ones that were already there. The new ones were bigger in terms of file size though.

On a side note, I have just one mod that required modifing gta.dat to add a line to load (should be below SPLASH loadsc4). It added a small island south of Santa Maria Beach and it runs just fine.

## Load IDEs first, then the models and after that the IPLs#IMG DATA\PATHS\CARREC.IMGIMG DATA\SCRIPT\SCRIPT.IMGIMG MODELS\CUTSCENE.IMGSPLASH loadsc2## Object types#IDE DATA\MAPS\generic\vegepart.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\barriers.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\dynamic.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\dynamic2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\multiobj.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\procobj.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAwn.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAhills.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFn.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFs.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFse.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFe.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFw.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasN.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasS.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasE.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasW.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegaxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryN.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countN2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryS.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryE.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryW.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\counxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_LA.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_SF.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_veg.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_cont.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelmap.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelxre.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int1.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_intb.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int3.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int4.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int5.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\savehous.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\stadint.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\leveldes\seabed.IDE# interiorsIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\props.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\props2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\propext.IDE# vehicle upgrade modelsIDE DATA\MAPS\veh_mods\veh_mods.IDE# txd parentsIDE DATA\TXDCUT.IDE# have to load map.zon before any of the IPLsIPL DATA\MAP.ZON# IPL DATA\NAVIG.ZONIPL DATA\INFO.ZON## Scene information#SPLASH loadsc2IPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAwn.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAhills.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFn.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFs.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFse.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFe.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFw.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasN.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasS.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasE.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasW.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryN.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countN2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countrys.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryE.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryW.IPL# interiorsIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_LA.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_SF.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_veg.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_cont.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int1.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_intb.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int3.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int4.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int5.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\stadint.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\savehous.IPL# level designIPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelmap.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\seabed.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\paths.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths2.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths3.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths4.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths5.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\cull.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\tunnels.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluSF.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluveg.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluLA.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluint.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\audiozon.ipl##  Interiors#SPLASH loadsc4IPL DATA\MAPS\NGIS1\NGIS1.IPL

I'm not finding any obvious mistakes in gta.dat, but the problem you describe sounds like a file path is incorrect, or perhaps one of the specified IPL files is missing or misnamed.

I don't think that spelling is an issue, I'm always OCD on checking names. I think that the limit on IPL objects has been reached and it won't let me go past it unless I reconfigure the values in Limit Adjuster to higher ones. I'm just not sure as to what kind of numbers I should use. I've never modified them before so the values are default.

yes i had this problem, but its too easy to solve, if you just added IPLs then increase "IPL Files" limit in salimits.ini

if you added IDEs too then increase "IDEs" and do not forget to remove (#) if its at starting of line

yes i had this problem, but its too easy to solve, if you just added IPLs then increase "IPL Files" limit in salimits.ini

if you added IDEs too then increase "IDEs" and do not forget to remove (#) if its at starting of line

Right, thanks, I'll definitely remember this. But it crashes also when I replace IPL files that came with SA. For example, one mod had to replace gen_int5.ipl in the interior folder and when I put the new one in, the game crashes like I said before, halfway through loading my save game. Do I have to increase the values for buildings, dummies, etc. that sort of thing to make the mods work?

yes, but if it crashes again then that mean both mods are using something same, like model id

yes, but if it crashes again then that mean both mods are using something same, like model id

Is there a way to change the ID so both can work simultaneously?

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem but i cant be botherd to change any sh*t like that so smile.gif

Flyingportugueseman

Right, thanks, I'll definitely remember this. But it crashes also when I replace IPL files that came with SA. For example, one mod had to replace gen_int5.ipl in the interior folder and when I put the new one in, the game crashes like I said before, halfway through loading my save game. Do I have to increase the values for buildings, dummies, etc. that sort of thing to make the mods work?

I think i had the same problem but it was with a map made by me, thing is that I haven't done anything that big...

I only added three gun boxes, three exploding barrel, deleted some poles, some pulicity, and twisted some buildings!!!

Oh and I also twistwed all the floors of a building.

I think the map name was LAn2 or LAn...

Could anyone tell me what have I done wrong...

Much love dog cool.gif

Flyingportugueseman
I've tried to add two mods (Enterable Buildings and a Subway for Cluckin' Bell) and both required replacement IPL files. I installed each mod, following the readmes to the letter, and halfway through loading my save game, the game crashes with the loading bar just over half full. I think I have to adjust the IPL limitations with Sacky's Limit Adjuster but I'm unsure which thing to adjust. None of the readmes gave any mention of adjusting IPL figures but I'm sure this is the problem. Can anyone give me any good values to which I should adjust it to?

I don't know cause I'm preety much a newby but i'v tried spaceinstein's all in one mod and I think it's possible to have building interiors by modding the main.scm...

But not all buildings are accessible, just some buildings like rider's house, brothels, pleasure dolmes and stuff like that...

You should try it...

PEACE cool.gif

I have the same problem...the limit adjuster solve it?What value I increase?

---

I download the limit...are there many about ipl:

[DYNAMIC LIMITS]; The Number of IPL Instances allowed in the game (inst)#Buildings=13000; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL Limit#Dummys=2500; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL Limit#PtrNode Doubles=3200; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL Limit#IPL Files=256; The number of jumps allowed in the game#Stunt Jumps=256; The number of Collision Models that can be load (NOTE: Increase if you want to increase the IDE Limit)#ColModels=10150#Collision Files=255#QuadTreeNodes=400#QuadTreeNodes2=40#MatDataPool=4096#AtmDataPool=1024; The number of vehicles that can be created via an SCM script#Vehicles=110; The number of Vehicle Models that can be loaded via SCM at any one time#Vehicle Structs=50; The number of Peds that can be created via SCM Scripts#Peds=140; The maximum number of Polygons that a model can have (Increase this to also increase IMG Limit)#Polygons=5000#PtrNode Singles=70000; Number of pickupable items you can create via SCM Scripts#EntryInfoNodes=500; The Number of Dynamic Objects creatable#Objects=350#Tasks=500#Events=200#Point Routes=64#Patrol Routes=32#Node Routes=64#Task Allocators=16#Ped Attractors=64; Maximum number of Enex's able to be defined in IPL's#Entry Exits=400

Whats is for increase?

Edited by Caixa

hey man, at least read the previous posts before posting new one smile.gif

The game still crashing...I altered salimits to this, one per one:

[DYNAMIC LIMITS]; The Number of IPL Instances allowed in the game (inst)Buildings=20000; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL LimitDummys=3500; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL LimitPtrNode Doubles=4200; NOTE: Increase to increase IPL LimitIPL Files=400; The number of jumps allowed in the game#Stunt Jumps=256; The number of Collision Models that can be load (NOTE: Increase if you want to increase the IDE Limit)ColModels=15150Collision Files=455QuadTreeNodes=600QuadTreeNodes2=70MatDataPool=5096AtmDataPool=2024; The number of vehicles that can be created via an SCM script#Vehicles=110

Here my gta.dat, all pachts are right

## Load IDEs first, then the models and after that the IPLs#IMG MODELS\pista.IMGIMG DATA\PATHS\CARREC.IMGIMG DATA\SCRIPT\SCRIPT.IMGIMG MODELS\CUTSCENE.IMGIMG DATA\MAPS\hillrace\hillrace.IMGIMG DATA\MAPS\hillrace\hillrace2.IMGSPLASH loadsc2## Object types#IDE DATA\MAPS\hillrace\hillrace.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\pista.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\vegepart.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\barriers.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\dynamic.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\dynamic2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\multiobj.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\generic\procobj.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAwn.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAhills.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\LA\LAxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFn.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFs.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFse.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFe.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFw.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\SF\SFxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasN.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasS.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasE.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasW.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegaxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryN.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countN2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryS.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryE.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\countryW.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\country\counxref.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_LA.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_SF.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_veg.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\int_cont.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelmap.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelxre.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int1.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_intb.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int3.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int4.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int5.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\savehous.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\stadint.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\leveldes\seabed.IDE# interiorsIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\props.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\props2.IDEIDE DATA\MAPS\interior\propext.IDE# vehicle upgrade modelsIDE DATA\MAPS\veh_mods\veh_mods.IDE# txd parentsIDE DATA\TXDCUT.IDE# have to load map.zon before any of the IPLsIPL DATA\MAP.ZON# IPL DATA\NAVIG.ZONIPL DATA\INFO.ZON## Scene information#SPLASH loadsc2IPL DATA\MAPS\hillrace\hillrace.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\pista.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAn2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAs2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAe2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAwn.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAw2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\LA\LAhills.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFn.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFs.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFse.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFe.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\SF\SFw.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasN.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasS.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasE.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\vegas\vegasW.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryN.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countN2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countrys.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryE.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\country\countryW.IPL# interiorsIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_LA.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_SF.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_veg.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\int_cont.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int1.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int2.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_intb.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int3.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int4.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\gen_int5.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\stadint.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\interior\savehous.IPL# level designIPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\levelmap.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\leveldes\seabed.IPLIPL DATA\MAPS\paths.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths2.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths3.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths4.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\paths5.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\cull.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\tunnels.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluSF.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluveg.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluLA.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\occluint.iplIPL DATA\MAPS\audiozon.ipl##  Interiors#SPLASH loadsc4

One of mods is akina, that I download to see, the other is a sky tunnel, only one per time works.

Edit

I discovery the unique mods that edits gta.dat crash...map mods that substitute files in /maps not crash.

Edited by Caixa

merge all imgs in a sinlgle one then check, search for same IDs in pista.IDE and hillrace.IDE as well

You mean check for archives on the imgs with same name or IDE code?Later will check, but I guess that the problen is on loading of ipls or ides.