2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Next Protagonist Ethnicity?

Flesh-n-Bone
I really hope they make the next major progatonist Afro_American.

FTW icon14.gif

I want more of the gangsta characters, like CJ and the rest of the hood in SA.

westside > eastside tounge.gif

I dunno, I was really dissapointed with how the hood was done in SA. Wasn't even a hood really, CJ lived in a damn culdesac.

Flesh-n-Bone
I dunno, I was really dissapointed with how the hood was done in SA. Wasn't even a hood really, CJ lived in a damn culdesac.

It's the good old days...

Damn nothing felt so great as when I started playing SA. Went to the red marker and saw Smoke, then the second cutscene started - there I saw Ryder (woohoo - it's a rip off of Eazy-E) and other hood like characters. I was real happy. I kept doing missions and Cleaning the Hood had a nice story, I went inside a real gang fight happened there.

GTAace

I like the idea of another caucasian protagonist but it really depends on the setting of the game.

EaStSiDe SoUlJa

I really hope they make the next major progatonist Afro_American.

FTW icon14.gif

I want more of the gangsta characters, like CJ and the rest of the hood in SA.

westside > eastside tounge.gif

westside>eastside=FTL icon13.gif

and yea,id like more of tha gangsta characters

beavis

Considering that the new title is GTA:Chinatown Wars, I'll put my money that our hero will be either asian or italian decent (remember the on going violence between the triads and leone's in GTAIII?

It's anyone's bet right now, we'll slowly get more details in the weeks to come.

Well when I made this topic, I was referring to the next console GTA protagonist. I.E. the one that matters. This DS GTA is just Rockstar trying to cash in on the Grand Theft Auto name.

Hippopotas

I want a Hispanic person as our next protagonist

mark3boyz

Well I sincerely doubt the next GTA game will be GTA 5. However who would care what the ethnicity of the next GTA character would be unless you are a complete racist. So Im going to say that I hope the next GTA character is John Redcorn from King of the Hill. icon14.gif

macorules94
Greek tounge.gif, not just because I am, but you can have a good story from it.

Small intro on how it would work.

Its Cyprus 1974, and the Turks have arrived, you are now forced to move out, most your family have been killed, but as you have a big family, some of your cousins have survived. You take refuge in a 70's era Vice City, were you have to work through a criminal underworld to build your self up, in a city literaly of Vice. You also end up working for your cousins and other charachters you may meet. May not sound great. but just a rough guideline that came in to my head. Sounds quite cool thinking about it, its original, and if you have great writers could work very well, obviously improving vastly from my idea ofcouse.

As the main story line, you find out the one of the Turkish generals who was in charge of the massacre of your village and several others, have moved to Vice, to earn easy money from a prostitution racket and other criminal deeds. Your cousin is kidnapped for escaping he is told that your mother was raped and murdered by the same general, iyou get that call and in rage you save your cousin and kill every one in sight, and start your epic journey to find the general. With more dramatic twists to come

lol. How about

GTA: GREECE & MACEDONIA

you play as alexander the great in the ancient times and you have to take over the persian empire lol

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Its Cyprus 1974, and the Turks have arrived, you are now forced to move out, most your family have been killed, but as you have a big family, some of your cousins have survived. You take refuge in a 70's era Vice City, were you have to work through a criminal underworld to build your self up, in a city literaly of Vice.  You also end up working for your cousins and other charachters you may meet. May not sound great. but just a rough guideline that came in to my head. Sounds quite cool thinking about it, its original, and if you have great writers could work very well, obviously improving vastly from my idea ofcouse.

As the main story line, you find out the one of the Turkish generals who was in charge of the massacre of your village and several others, have moved to Vice, to earn easy money from a prostitution racket and other criminal deeds.  Your cousin is kidnapped for escaping he is told that your mother was raped and murdered by the same general, iyou get that call and in rage you save your cousin and kill every one in sight, and start your epic journey to find the general. With more dramatic twists to come

lol. How about

GTA: GREECE & MACEDONIA

you play as alexander the great in the ancient times and you have to take over the persian empire lol

I agree, and you have to take your friend Ptolemy out drinking and your respect bar goes up

now that's a plan

Well I sincerely doubt the next GTA game will be GTA 5. However who would care what the ethnicity of the next GTA character would be unless you are a complete racist.

Oh of course, that won't be the title. But that makes me think the next GTA won't be a return to Vice or San An, because what would it be called? GTA: Vice City 2?

As for hoping for a specific ethnicity, that doesn't make you racist. I just want to see something that has yet to be done, that's why I want a spanish or asian character.

greebo-man
Well I sincerely doubt the next GTA game will be GTA 5.  However who would care what the ethnicity of the next GTA character would be unless you are a complete racist.

Oh of course, that won't be the title. But that makes me think the next GTA won't be a return to Vice or San An, because what would it be called? GTA: Vice City 2?

As for hoping for a specific ethnicity, that doesn't make you racist. I just want to see something that has yet to be done, that's why I want a spanish or asian character.

Spanish would be nice.

A proper Spaniard, not some Cesar-esque jackass.

bananabis

As I said from my other thread, how about British? Not like, a pussy Brit, but he has that "Bloody hell!" kind of sense! That would be pretty neat. I'm still hopefully predicting some sort of London/European setting for next GTA. Or..maybe Bogota biggrin.gif

Oxi Oxi

English.

Fnorg
Well I sincerely doubt the next GTA game will be GTA 5.  However who would care what the ethnicity of the next GTA character would be unless you are a complete racist.

GTA: Vice City Legends.

Or Myths. Cheesy... But it works.

Spanish would be nice.

A proper Spaniard, not some Cesar-esque jackass.

Yeah, that was just a bad steriotype. But, it was meant to be that.

4,000th post at GTAForums!

Dan_1983

Its Cyprus 1974, and the Turks have arrived, you are now forced to move out, most your family have been killed, but as you have a big family, some of your cousins have survived. You take refuge in a 70's era Vice City, were you have to work through a criminal underworld to build your self up, in a city literaly of Vice. You also end up working for your cousins and other charachters you may meet. May not sound great. but just a rough guideline that came in to my head. Sounds quite cool thinking about it, its original, and if you have great writers could work very well, obviously improving vastly from my idea ofcouse.

As the main story line, you find out the one of the Turkish generals who was in charge of the massacre of your village and several others, have moved to Vice, to earn easy money from a prostitution racket and other criminal deeds. Your cousin is kidnapped for escaping he is told that your mother was raped and murdered by the same general, iyou get that call and in rage you save your cousin and kill every one in sight, and start your epic journey to find the general. With more dramatic twists to come

My girlfriend would love that idea since she is 2nd generation Greek Cypriot.

Capricornus

I would love to see an Japanese/Asian/Chinese protagonist in the next GTA game, and it would be even better if he was voiced by Brian Tee (D.K from Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift) or Sung Kang (Han from Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift.) Would be excellent IMO.

If not, then definitely an Hispaninc/Latin character. Would love to see that.

Girish
* Asian

* Other (Indian, etc.)

Since when are Indians not Asian anymore? tounge.gif

OT, I don't really care about the ethnicity of the character as long as he's charismatic, humorous and exudes confidence.

Radrew
I would love to see an Japanese/Asian/Chinese protagonist in the next GTA game, and it would be even better if he was voiced by Brian Tee (D.K from Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift) or Sung Kang (Han from Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift.) Would be excellent IMO.

D: that would rock, the guy would be into Yakuza stuff devil.gif

Fnorg

Caucasian (spelling) or Native American. That sounds fun. tounge.gif Just not Hispanic or some Asian that speaks Engrish.  icon13.gif Or some f*cking drifting fa**ot á la 2 Fast 2 Furius. If he were like Woozie, minus the being blind part, it'd be cool.

God damn you.

TopShotta27

next should be a jamaican person

brz59

Japanese Yakuza. Been wanting to play as 1 for so long in GTA,

Man, what is the name of the Japanese actor whose been pretty much steriotyped as the asian guy in films like Biker Boyz and I think one of the Fast and Furious film? He usually has a ponytail, can't think of his name, but he would be a great Yakuza protagonist.

Of course, if they did focus on Japanese crime, I'd like to actually hear a lot of Japanese. For realism's sake.

Edited by Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

walterTM

I think the Mexican/Hispanic is the good choice. Location can be the West side. Character can be emigrant from El Salvador. He could be the member of the some gang which pull roots from El Salvador (like MS 13 in reality). Location can be L.A., San Jose, San Diego etc. Better then Asian.

What do you think ? smile.gif

gtahomie

Next should be russian

Tony Mozzarelli 80

He should definitely be an 'Inuit'

Think about it, they could include an awesome fishing mini game, and Your best friend

could be a huskey named Keith

Fnorg
Next should be russian

No. They failed with Niko's Serbianitity (that's a word) and they'd fail with a Russian too. They don't even pronounce the f*cking name right.

Machida

Celtic. Stick a Glaswegian protagonist in the next GTA!