2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Next Protagonist Ethnicity?

For the uneducated, ethnicity means race, so let's hear it. Rockstar developers said they went with Eastern European Niko becuase they felt the Italian-American character was played out. Well, what do you think? Should they stay with foreign characters, accents and all, or go back to the citizens. Whatever they decide, the question remains, what will be Grand Theft Auto 5's protagonist's ethnicity?

* Caucasion (Italian, Irish, etc.)

* African-American

* Hispanic

* Asian

* Other (Indian, etc.)

What are you thoughts on the subject? Me, I say they go with a Hispanic character. They've already done white and black characters, I believe it's time to switch it up and go either Hispanic or Asian.

The BigSlick

Greek tounge.gif, not just because I am, but you can have a good story from it.

Small intro on how it would work.

Its Cyprus 1974, and the Turks have arrived, you are now forced to move out, most your family have been killed, but as you have a big family, some of your cousins have survived. You take refuge in a 70's era Vice City, were you have to work through a criminal underworld to build your self up, in a city literaly of Vice. You also end up working for your cousins and other charachters you may meet. May not sound great. but just a rough guideline that came in to my head. Sounds quite cool thinking about it, its original, and if you have great writers could work very well, obviously improving vastly from my idea ofcouse.

As the main story line, you find out the one of the Turkish generals who was in charge of the massacre of your village and several others, have moved to Vice, to earn easy money from a prostitution racket and other criminal deeds. Your cousin is kidnapped for escaping he is told that your mother was raped and murdered by the same general, iyou get that call and in rage you save your cousin and kill every one in sight, and start your epic journey to find the general. With more dramatic twists to come

Flesh-n-Bone

Japanese/Chinese or Colombian/Mexican/Hispanic, either of two.

Tony Mozzarelli 80

Pygmy

lordmark16
Pygmy

LOL biggrin.gif

gtaman4523

Caucasian

BowZa28

South/Central American.

Wouldn't it be fun to play as a mexican and play as the first mission the bit where you have to sneak into america wow.giflol.gif I think so anyway..

--Vega--

I'd like another Sicilian character... I got no problem with another one of them at all.

CryptReaperDorian

Albino painted with black stripes like a zebra. wow.gifwow.gifwow.gif jk

I hope they are Caucasion (European immigrant or Caucasion American (mixed European heritage). Like Tommy, Claude (is he?), and Niko.

Or Asian (Mafia person like a Triad or Yakuzi (is that singular for a person who is in the Yakuza?)). Like Wuzi (he's an awesome character, except your character won't be blind).

RATEDR307

White american, nuff said.

I'd like another Sicilian character... I got no problem with another one of them at all.

Ya, me neither, I miss all the mafioso characters from III. The wiseguys from IV were pretty boring I thought.

The BigSlick

Ya, me neither, I miss all the mafioso characters from III. The wiseguys from IV were pretty boring I thought.

Only because the mob are nothing like they used to be. After playing with the Leones and fighting the Sindaccos and the rest, it gave you the feel of a real gangster. I felt that I was working for wanabe Leones, I felt embarassed for them.. It would be great if they made a reffrence to the Leones

^ True, so if that be the case, I'd rather play games set in the past. Because present-day IV left me unsatisfied.

I'm still praying for a 1970s, West Coast GTA. Thinking of the film Blow, makes me wish for such a game. I remember reading before San Andreas came out that Rockstar had purchased 100 licensed 1970's tracks and I was very, very hopeful. Now I wonder where those songs went.

Hodgey.

As long as it is a good character, and you enjoy playingas him i couldnt care what skin color he is. But seeing as asian aint been done before if i have to go for any ill go for that.

joemcg15

irish

Amir2008

Persian (Iranian).. Set in 2008, Women with their hair Covered, Old Houses, Drug Dealers in every Alley, Kids playing football on the streets which are killed when Druggies throw Grenades at them.. oh how fun.. abit like PrinceOfPersia/Assassins Creed But thats not how GTA Is.. It would be pretty hard to use Persia as the MainLocation.. Or maybe just Vice City tounge2.giftounge.gif

gtaman4523
irish

YEAH I DESERVE TO BE IN GTA :NExT

Zoso_77

Im Thinking Japanese Yakuza.

It could also be a hot Japanese Chick in with the Yakuza somehow.inlove.gif

Mexican would be pretty sweet to like cesar from SA.

Also There are a lot of hot mexican chicks.

P.S. Not a Black man.I hate rap, so yeah, I hate the way they talk.

Edited by Zoso_77

danmark

Danish. he could run around with a axe and invade england and kill the english population biggrin.gif

just kidding

Gouveia

He could be latin. I would love if there was a latin character in the next GTA.

EaStSiDe SoUlJa

irish

YEAH I DESERVE TO BE IN GTA :NExT

NO NOT REALLY,YOU DONT.......anyway,african american all tha way

chunky_monkey
I'm still praying for a 1970s, West Coast GTA. Thinking of the film Blow, makes me wish for such a game. I remember reading before San Andreas came out that Rockstar had purchased 100 licensed 1970's tracks and I was very, very hopeful. Now I wonder where those songs went.

hell yeah i think it would be the sh*t if they made a gta in the 70s id like to play as a youngish sal leone id like a gta in boston but in the 90s the main character would be a irishman fresh off the boat

Well I'd like to explore what GTA hasn't really explored yet. Like Cartels, I mean, they were a gang in III, but we didn't really get to see the underworld from their perspective.

Angelo Leone

I have two ideas,cute Japanese chick in Yakuza who joins Mafia later(like how Claude was Mafia but became Yakuza) or a jack-of-all-trades White Anglo-Saxon(for the uneducated,Anglo-Saxon means originating in England).He's an average joe,has no ethnic or religious ties.He starts off working for street gangs,but works his way up and works for the Mafia,then the Malina(Russian Mob),and finally for corrupt politicians.

And Greeks are white Europeans,tanned skin,but technically white Caucasians.

Flesh-n-Bone
Well I'd like to explore what GTA hasn't really explored yet. Like Cartels, I mean, they were a gang in III, but we didn't really get to see the underworld from their perspective.

Yeah, they just attack you straight away.

Vercetti21

Well, I'd like to see some kind of 1970's Las Venturas theme for the next one. So with that, somebody American, and possibly Caucasian. If not that, then an Italian or Irish guy would work.

Shannon_A

The next one should be irish. Or hispanic. It would be nice to have some kind of different culture in these games.

DarthTemplar

I wouldn't mind any ethnicity really. As long as they continue their tradition and DON'T make the protagonist a stereotype. They can include a ton of stereotypical characters around them. But keep the protagonists different.

Though I wouldn't mind an Albino. That would definately be something different

JWO

African Americans FTW!

YourNeighborhoodKiller

I would personally like an Albanian. One, because I'm Albanian. Two because they played a good role in GTA IV.

And I know for a fact there is an Albanian Mafia.