Male or Female?

Rob.

Male or Female?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Male or Female?

• Male
    • Female

UberChargedCJ

i would play as a female as i play in IV on multiplayer i want to do it like in saints row 3

i would play as a female as i play in IV on multiplayer i want to do it like in saints row 3

Multi-player already allows for a Female player. WTF?

We're talking about protagonists.

It just occurred to me, not that it really counts quite as much as it does in the more character-centric games, but in the original GTA you had a selection of both male and female characters to play as.

UberChargedCJ

i could f*cking appreciate a female protag if they make it Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal

Men are naturally more likely to be criminals and not submit to the will/law of others which is why more of us are in prison.

Why squeeze a woman into that role just to be politically correct?

A woman playing the role of a GTA protag is a confused and mentally ill try-hard icon13.gif .

A man playing the role is the typical criminal with unchecked masculinity icon14.gif .

Edited by canttakemyid

i could f*cking appreciate a female protag if they make it Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

I honestly believe you say that in good faith but, seriously, think about it.

The storyline would be garbage.

It wouldn't work. R* know this and are NOT going to give in to this political correctness bullsh*t.

The crime world is dominated by men. The only criminal women you'll see are crack whores and the occasional drug dealer (Elizabeta Torres). Even she was unrealistic for being in it.

So, you've either got a butch dyke trying to act tough and 'manly' (seeing a woman trying to act like a man is always a silly sight) or you've got a normal woman who would be raped and killed the moment she stepped into the criminal underworld.

Watch a gangster film (which is what GTA is based on) and you'll see men as the gangsters. Not women. Because that's how things work.

Yes because fiction should be limited by the logic of reality. Get over yourself.

There's nothing stopping Rockstar from putting a female protagonist in a Grand Theft Auto aside from the fact that a large fraction of the series' demographic is close-minded, chauvinist pigs like you, and it'd only guarantee a drop in sales unless they made her look like a man or fetishized her in some other way to appease their predominantly male fanbase.

As it stands, I'm fine with getting strong, imposing female characters that you simply meet within the GTA games like Asuka Kasen, Elizabeta and Catalina. Maybe one day the gaming industry (maybe the world! yeah right) will grow up and accept women among men as the human beings that they are and not judge people based on anatomy they didn't even choose or ask for.

Why are you trying so hard to make this a sexist argument? This is about why men are always the protagonist in GTA, not about your, quite frankly, embarrassing agenda.

Like I said in my previous post that you didn't read, GTA is based on gangster films. Crime drama. Men are the lead criminal characters in those films, not women. Those films, while glamourised and not completely realistic, have done their research about the criminal underworld. GTA is the same.

"There's nothing stopping Rockstar from putting a female protagonist in a Grand Theft Auto aside from the fact that a large fraction of the series' demographic is close-minded, chauvinist pigs like you, and it'd only guarantee a drop in sales unless they made her look like a man or fetishized her in some other way to appease their predominantly male fanbase."

If you actually believe R* appease's ANY part of it's fanbase by having to limit their vision and not push boundaries, you know f*ck all about R*.

Concluding, all I have to say is this: There are only reasons for NOT having a female protagonist and NONE for it. Have some common sense.

Gtaplayaminigun

Male for sure. I play as a female in the Saints Row series. It kinda fits there as there isn't much to associate with the character deeply like in GTA.

OT Why bump such an old topic, LOL?

Edited by Gtaplayaminigun

Why are you trying so hard to make this a sexist argument? This is about why men are always the protagonist in GTA, not about your, quite frankly, embarrassing agenda.

Like I said in my previous post that you didn't read, GTA is based on gangster films. Crime drama. Men are the lead criminal characters in those films, not women. Those films, while glamourised and not completely realistic, have done their research about the criminal underworld. GTA is the same.

"There's nothing stopping Rockstar from putting a female protagonist in a Grand Theft Auto aside from the fact that a large fraction of the series' demographic is close-minded, chauvinist pigs like you, and it'd only guarantee a drop in sales unless they made her look like a man or fetishized her in some other way to appease their predominantly male fanbase."

If you actually believe R* appease's ANY part of it's fanbase by having to limit their vision and not push boundaries, you know f*ck all about R*.

Concluding, all I have to say is this: There are only reasons for NOT having a female protagonist and NONE for it. Have some common sense.

I agree with almost everything you're saying, except for your last line. I definitely think there ARE reasons for a female protagonist, at least in a DLC/Add-on. For example:

-Variety.

-A perspective beyond 'tough guy' (it's undoubtedly a lot harder for a female to make it in the criminal world).

-Appeasing the minority of players who do actively wish for a female protagonist. However, like yourself I don't belief Rockstar would include a female protagonist for this reason either.

There are a few rare crime films that have a female lead, but ultimately GTA is made to appeal to the masses and the masses like male leads in their crime fiction, myself included.

I agree with almost everything you're saying, except for your last line. I definitely think there ARE reasons for a female protagonist, at least in a DLC/Add-on. For example:

-Variety.

-A perspective beyond 'tough guy' (it's undoubtedly a lot harder for a female to make it in the criminal world).

-Appeasing the minority of players who do actively wish for a female protagonist. However, like yourself I don't belief Rockstar would include a female protagonist for this reason either.

There are a few rare crime films that have a female lead, but ultimately GTA is made to appeal to the masses and the masses like male leads in their crime fiction, myself included.

I agree with you. I can actually see them experimenting with it on a side project, like a DLC or a handheld.

Cole Phelps Gta

I HATE women. seriously i do ! I'm not gay but i legit hate women. I just hate their slutty ways you know ?

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

I HATE women. seriously i do ! I'm not gay but i legit hate women. I just hate their slutty ways you know ?

I know.

But I don't hate them, I more or less pity them for their inferior existence

It's not really their fault that they're entitlement freaks. Everybody just treats 'em that way, but not me.

They love it when I treat them like sh*t, guaranteed.

I know.

It's not really their fault that they're entitlement freaks. Everybody just treats 'em that way, but not me.

Two Aussies? Huh, coincidence? I'm an Aussie myself btw.

I'm all for misogyny arguments, but maybe we should do it in a different section?

UberChargedCJ

you will not enable to have dance with strippers if you are female in game or she will be a lesbian if she does or not she can visit but unable to have dance with strippers female protag will cannot pick up prostitutes

you will not enable to have dance with strippers if you are female in game or she will be a lesbian if she does or not she can visit but unable to have dance with strippers female protag will cannot pick up prostitutes

icon14.gif

Hello dear comunity. I just changed my password into something I am unable to remember. It has been a lot of fun here, one of the best GTA dedicated forums I have ever visited. The mods are doing a great job and I wish you all the best. I love you, every single one of you (apart from Zee [what a fanny]).

I know.

I would lose some faith in humanity right now If I had any left, oh well.

On-topic: I would like a female protagonist for a change, and it isn't as unrealistic as some people think either, just see this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/wo...ed-1086965.html

Edited by _L1pE_

On-topic: I would like a female protagonist for a change, and it isn't as unrealistic as some people think either, just see this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/wo...ed-1086965.html

Mafia bosses don't fight, they "push buttons" - they get people to fight for them. These people are commonly referred to as "muscle", because of two reasons; They are all big, strong, intimidating men who no one in their right mind would go up against (except of course for other big, strong, intimidating men), and their main purpose in life is to receive orders from the "brain". In GTA, we always plays as the muscle and never as the brain (unless you've worked your way up through kicking heaps of ass), because that's where all the action is. No female, kid, midget or disabled belong as a protagonist in GTA.