Male or Female?

Rob.

Male or Female?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Male or Female?

• Male
    • Female

A Female playing the role of main protagonist in a GTA game just wouldn't work, it's completely out of place. End of Conversation.

a female, some jessica alba-like or josie maran-like characters would make the game look fresh...

I guess Male, because a female just doesnt fits in the GTA series. Explain: you have to kill 2 Triad-Bosses as a woman. Looks a bit dumb, huh?

Have you ever played Mercenaries? Seriously dude, you need to see all games before saying sh*t like that, because in Mercenaries you killed a lot of people with that woman. Of course, you could choose the man, but f*ck it, she was bad ass.

KevinR1990

I guess Male, because a female just doesnt fits in the GTA series. Explain: you have to kill 2 Triad-Bosses as a woman. Looks a bit dumb, huh?

Have you ever played Mercenaries? Seriously dude, you need to see all games before saying sh*t like that, because in Mercenaries you killed a lot of people with that woman. Of course, you could choose the man, but f*ck it, she was bad ass.

Exactly what I was thinking. If a female lead like Jennifer Mui could work in a military game (the one job that's more macho than a criminal career), then what's stopping people from accepting a woman as a lead character in a GTA game, which has featured its fair share of tough women (Catalina, Asuka, Elizabeta) in the past?

Another thing: if Rockstar ever does create a female protagonist, I don't want it to be a clone of Lara Croft or Angelina Jolie. To use an example: Remember the recent trend of action movies that featured women as the main characters (Elektra, Catwoman, Aeon Flux), attempting to cash in on the success of Kill Bill and the Tomb Raider movie? Remember why they all flopped at the box office? It's simple: they tried to use sex appeal to attract male viewers, but in doing so, they forgot about little things like plot, acting, direction, and screenwriting. Poorly-written, over-sexed action heroines like this are probably the reason that many GTA fans are hesitant to accept a female protagonist in a GTA game. Thus, if Rockstar does decide to go this route, they must make sure that their woman is not simply there as eye candy, but has a strong personality and a degree of intelligence, and is placed in a well-written plot - much like all of their male protagonists. (She doesn't necessarily have to be a badass - in fact, going too far in that direction could present problems of its own.) Also, it goes without saying that she should be good-looking, but it wouldn't be wise to try and make her supermodel-beautiful. Seeing someone like Gisele Bundchen mowing down a dozen Triads is great as escapist entertainment, but with the more realistic direction the series has taken, it would just take me out of the game. A good model to use for looks would be Jennifer from Mercenaries. She was sexy, yes, but it was always played down, which made her a more believable character.

Oh, and Dominatorr, I have two questions for you. First, is your name meant to be spelled like that? Secondly, regarding your comment, have you ever seen Kill Bill?

Edited by KevinR1990

honeypants

Truthfully, as a female myself, I don't think that a female chartacter could work in the GTA world. Not to say that I wouldn't appreciate and like a female character, it's just that I think too many complications would come about with one.

I mean, first of all in fiction women fall into 3 characterizations (especially movies/tv/video games) they can either be the Virgin, the Mother, or the Whore. I'm sorry to say, but that is really the view of most males in the video game world (players and creators, alike). I can't think of a female character in any GTA game so far that has been well rounded in any sense of the term. I'd hate to come on here and see dumbf*ck immature 12 year old players calling a female character a slut or a whore for doing things that people wouldn't think twice about a male character doing. I also cringe at the thought of how many times sex appeal and seduction would have to be used during missions, I mean it wouldn't be bad once or twice, but on the other hand there are places where women can go where men can't really go.

It would be interesting to see one, but GTA is really a "man's man's man's world," as James Brown once sang.

Edited by honeypants

Juice By Kayla Marie

A Female!

I think it'd be interesting to play one..

they can do one who just got out of prison for drug dealing or something..

apache77pilot

i change my vote. i want to play as dog.no one could really tell if it was a man or women

Female, I really wouldn't mind. confused.gif

What's wrong with you guys? There could be so many possibilities.

apache77pilot

NO. they wont show her naked

Oh, I change my mind then. sad.gif

apache77pilot

Oh, I change my mind then. sad.gif

hahahahahahaha. im sryyyyy. lol

apache77pilot
Male , this isn't Tomb Raider.

tomb raiders are the best games ever made. i know they arnt like gta in anyway, but still.

CryptReaperDorian

Male, a woman wouldn't work the best unless it was somebody like Catalina playable for a few missions. Also, with a woman you'll get some pervs who will focus the camera her breast for a consecutive hour and if it is made for PC who'll get some other perv that makes a mod for her to be nude.

DarthTemplar
Male, a woman wouldn't work the best unless it was somebody like Catalina playable for a few missions. Also, with a woman you'll get some pervs who will focus the camera her breast for a consecutive hour and if it is made for PC who'll get some other perv that makes a mod for her to be nude.

Thats always going to happen with any game that has the possibility of a female main character. In Kotor for instance people were always requesting someone make a mod which makes one of the party members (Bastila) naked. There was large amounts of debates until someone said that if you want a mod which makes the character naked or if you oggle their pixilated bodies. Then it really proves how pathetic and lonely you are. Just get a real girlfriend if you want to view the female form.

Anyway I would want a character where you get to customise their physical appearance before you start the game. That would be an even better idea then being restricted to male or female

YourNeighborhoodKiller

No. Just no. It would totally suck.

Having to dress her up and crap. Plus it just wouldn't feel right. How often do you see a women jack a car, rob a bank and kill people along the way?

New account: Gezim

Juice By Kayla Marie

Having to dress her up and crap. Plus it just wouldn't feel right. How often do you see a women jack a car, rob a bank and kill people along the way?

All the time,I'm a women!

Think about all the different clothing, makeup and hair combos. tounge.gif

CryptReaperDorian

LOL, the protagonist will go crazy kill herself before the first in-game day is done since I didn't make her do her daily routine of hair, make-up, and stuff like that. Okay, maybe not that bad, but the protagonist will sure be complaining that she didn't get a shower or bath for 3 in-game months. lol.gif

I doubt they'll ever have a female character since the male thing works out best, but I got to say females make up some of the better characters in video game history and can be just as skilled and tough as a man (probably not like ultra-strong, but as strong as Niko Bellic). Also, if you get Saints Row 2 you'll be able to fully customize your character and even make a female character if you want and if you want to change the character's sex, facial looks, height, etc. you can go see a plastic surgeon. SR2 sounds very interesting to me, but lots of GTA fans like to flame it for basically mocking SA by adding almost everything SA had.

No. When teh PC version inevitably comes out, people will request nude mods. And males are the majority of players of GTA, so unless that changes, or i dont see why rockstar will make the gender female. Females get Perfect Dark, Tomb Raider, Metroid prime, and a number of games that is probably equal or near the number of games with male stars.

Juice By Kayla Marie

LOL, the protagonist will go crazy kill herself before the first in-game day is done since I didn't make her do her daily routine of hair, make-up, and stuff like that. Okay, maybe not that bad, but the protagonist will sure be complaining that she didn't get a shower or bath for 3 in-game months. lol.gif

I doubt they'll ever have a female character since the male thing works out best, but I got to say females make up some of the better characters in video game history and can be just as skilled and tough as a man (probably not like ultra-strong, but as strong as Niko Bellic). Also, if you get Saints Row 2 you'll be able to fully customize your character and even make a female character if you want and if you want to change the character's sex, facial looks, height, etc. you can go see a plastic surgeon. SR2 sounds very interesting to me, but lots of GTA fans like to flame it for basically mocking SA by adding almost everything SA had.

Oh Really? Wooowww.

I hope there is a female character

or that you can pick between a male and female.

Female - the only way to go up.

Christ, I could work sooo many jokes out of that.

Then why didn't you?

nemesandr26

I think it would be cooler if there would be a female who helps you in your missions!

nemesandr26

Oh Really? Wooowww.

I hope there is a female character

or that you can pick between a male and female.

That's a great idea!

I'd have to go as a male again, the game would feel weird going around as a female.

s0h607k.jpg

Juice By Kayla Marie

What about a Bonnie And Clyde Type?

What about having a multiple chararcters.

Like you go with packie or someone.and can switch your place for a while to play as other charatcer.

May be a different experince

sarcasm.gifsarcasm.gifsarcasm.gifsarcasm.gif