Male or Female?

Rob.

Male or Female?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Male or Female?

• Male
    • Female

It's a question that's been asked before, but not for a while, it'd be good to get everyone's thoughts on what gender they would want the main protaganist to be.

Personally I feel it could be interesting to play as a woman.

But whether Rockstar could give up on their machismo is another matter.

user posted image

Somehow, it's hard to imagine the main protagonist as a female coz the world of GTA is so male dominant.

Dominatorr

I guess Male, because a female just doesnt fits in the GTA series. Explain: you have to kill 2 Triad-Bosses as a woman. Looks a bit dumb, huh?

crazyanurag

It'd be interesting to see the character development of the protagonist if it were female. On that count, I think it's easier for the guys developing the story to just have a male character.

For replay value, though, it'd be fun to have a character creation option after finishing the storyline once.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Male, most gangtsters and killers are male, a woman doing it would have to be a Eastern European weightlifting winner, not very likely.

RidingHigh

It really doesn't matter to me either way. As long as it's a good character. It wouldn't make sense to use a female protagonist just for the sake of using a female, while compromising the story in some way. If they can build a good story for a female character that can appeal to both sexes, I'm all for it. It certainly wouldn't take away my enjoyment for playing the game just because the protagonist is a woman.

p.s. Think a GTA girl can't be a tough killer? What about Catalina? Not that she could be the main character, but you get what I mean.

Edited by RidingHigh

I would say Male, since I wouldn't be able to get used to it if it was Female. tounge.gif

big_night_out

No macho bullsh*t, but I preffer male

if it's a woman, the only female playable must be Catalina ^^

Hmmm.I think male is better...But why not female in some missions...female can be cool hitman or something...

user posted image

Flesh-n-Bone

Agreed. I would only play as Catalina.

I doubt there would ever be a female protagonist. I mean what self-respecting male GTA player would pick up male hookers to get health nervous.gif

It'd be interesting to see the character development of the protagonist if it were female. On that count, I think it's easier for the guys developing the story to just have a male character.

For replay value, though, it'd be fun to have a character creation option after finishing the storyline once.

You'll Never Walk Alone

That charactor creation idea is the sh*t they should add that to the game along with diffrent voices to make it sound right.

BUT

If i had to choose it would be a male charactor.

Im going with Male 100%. Errm i think if you played as a feamle charcter it just wouldnt feel right to me. And it would perhaps put the whole GTA series on the line for R*. Just stick with being a male IMO.

Agreed. I would only play as Catalina.

She got her ass fried by Claude in GTAIII, and i couldnt see her returning. God that voice is so annoying!

greebo-man
Both?

You mean a shemale? tounge.gif

Or he-she, ladyboy... the list goes on.

But seriously, I think a Female Protagonist just wouldn't fit into the whole GTA equation.

Just seems bad.

Mr. Someguy

I would like a girl, but too many fans are sexually insecure and cannot comprehend the idea of playing as a woman.

I'd only play as a Male. If we played as a woman, I wouldn't even buy the game.

couldnt see it work if u had to play the whole game as a female. dont get me wrong, there have been some kick ass female action computer and even movie charecters, but for a franchise (think thats how you spell it) as amazing as GTA it just wouldnt work.

sleepy.gif

skarface1013

Agreed

Catalina would be the only female character I could enjoy playing, because she is crazy and nobody wants to f*ck with her. But I think GTA should just stick to the male protagonists. Catalina is dead anyway. suicidal.gif

But if you could choose, I wouldn't mind, I would just pick the male character, I just think it would be unrealistic to go around killing everyone in a city, both shooting and fighting, as a female.

Edited by skarface1013

Female - the only way to go up.

Christ, I could work sooo many jokes out of that.

But I think Male. I just don't see it working as well with a female character.

oldschoolsigs14.png