Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,920 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

gamesguru

GTA IV BETA: An In-Depth Look With Pics.

lomas661

i dont think anyones mentioned yet how the 69th street diner's windows were transparant on trailer 2. and now they are blocked by curtains

Athena

Also in the first trailer you can see the radar/antenas of the platypus rotate which they no longer do since they been removed from the game. monocle.gif

Fantastic find, have a cookie.gif !

Thanks, you're welcome icon14.gif

BloodOcean

I can't remember exactly where i saw it, but i think it was in game informer magazine, I saw a picture of niko driving a monster truck.

I think it was when the game was in the preview stages. I remember that because after i saw that one particular image,

i preordered the game. My favorite thing to do in any gta is mofidy vehicles and collect them, pretty much exclusively. I haven't found it yet.

(and yes, i do remember the one from san andreas, and it wasn't that one)

SaintJimmy

cookie.gif for your efforts, dude.

gamesguru

^ Thanks, Ill add some of the new stuff mentioned in this topic later, I'm pretty busy today though (you may see that I'm always online,but that's because I never close this site inlove.gif ).

Hodgey.

Wow Michelle looks a hell of alot different never noticed that before. She does look more human in the proper version than she does in the beta.

Gadzooks

The graphics are a hell of a lot better then what they looked like in the first screens inlove.gif

mike752
It's hard to shrink pictures in paint, I've tried another good program, but you have to pay after a while; and it kept the pictures in good quality no matter how small.

I """""BOUGHT"""" (note the heavy quotation marks) my Photoshop for """"FREE""" from the """INTERNET""". GIMP's similar to Photoshop, I'd suggest you try that and it's free.

cookie.gif Cheers, I'll have to check out.

You can reduce image sizes on photobucket. It's really easy for me.

gamesguru
It's hard to shrink pictures in paint, I've tried another good program, but you have to pay after a while; and it kept the pictures in good quality no matter how small.

I """""BOUGHT"""" (note the heavy quotation marks) my Photoshop for """"FREE""" from the """INTERNET""". GIMP's similar to Photoshop, I'd suggest you try that and it's free.

cookie.gif Cheers, I'll have to check out.

You can reduce image sizes on photobucket. It's really easy for me.

I use ImageShack, which only lets you rotate them, bloody bastards! lol.gif

Snake Without a Tongue
QUOTE]

The women in the bottom left, not Elizabetha (and I don't think she's changed).

Oh, sorry. I thought he mean Torez. I don't think that other chick is anybody. Just a NPC extra. Looks kinda like Carmen, though.

Anybody remember the sledgehammer? The guy using a sledge on the subway track or something. Whatever happened to that?

gamesguru
QUOTE]

The women in the bottom left, not Elizabetha (and I don't think she's changed).

Oh, sorry. I thought he mean Torez. I don't think that other chick is anybody. Just a NPC extra. Looks kinda like Carmen, though.

Anybody remember the sledgehammer? The guy using a sledge on the subway track or something. Whatever happened to that?

He's still in (just actually wearing a builder's uniform this time). You'll see him near construction sites and roadworks (there is also a guy with a pickaxe and another with a spanner).

agent17

I was disappointed by the Bank of Liberty and the Liberty Ferry changes, I was looking forward to visiting both places in the game.

I liked the old nostalgic feel to the liberty Ferry dock, and the uniqueness of the Liberty city bank dome.

gamesguru
I was disappointed by the Bank of Liberty and the Liberty Ferry changes, I was looking forward to visiting both places in the game.

I liked the old nostalgic feel to the liberty Ferry dock, and the uniqueness of the Liberty city bank dome.

You can still go in the Bank Of Liberty, by using the glitch where you spawn half a car (or bike) in the wall, so when you get in, you fall into the interior. What I highlighted (the dome) can not be seen from the inside, but if you go to the roof you will see it has got significantly worse.

vomica7

gta4 will truely shine when modders get a hold of it on PC.

when SA first came out on PC i broke into the img's so hard.

i added fingerless gloves to CJ... :| this was before gtaiv was ever spoken of mind you.

gamesguru
gta4 will truely shine when modders get a hold of it on PC.

when SA first came out on PC i broke into the img's so hard.

i added fingerless gloves to CJ... :| this was before gtaiv was ever spoken of mind you.

Love mods, for the Sims 2 aswell (hey; don't judge). I've always wanted to get into modding myself, but I'm always busy (*sigh*), I tried starting with the Sims 2 modeling, and I found it easy but the program I used was really crap, and you couldn't rely on it for sh*t.

agent17

You can still go in the Bank Of Liberty, by using the glitch where you spawn half a car (or bike) in the wall, so when you get in, you fall into the interior. What I highlighted (the dome) can not be seen from the inside, but if you go to the roof you will see it has got significantly worse.

Yes, I've actually done this before, but it was still a disappointment. It was nothing like the trailer. The interior worlds essentially still exist, that's why there are no real windows inside of buildings, the game doesn't actually show the outside universe to conserve memory for the interior itself.

GTA_dog

I made a topic JUST LIKE THIS and it died in less then 24 hours! You forgot beta Niko. Some of the cars in earlier screenshots didn't have the brand of the car (ex. Albany, Ferroci...).

Crazy Asian

You people act so shocked when a game is different than the early builds. You're so shocked that things have changed and have been cut out in a game...

Kelao

You should have upped .png or .gif versions of these pictures, the .jpg format creates tons of artifacts on the pictures and around the text. turn.gif

gamesguru

You should have upped .png or .gif versions of these pictures, the .jpg format creates tons of artifacts on the pictures and around the text.  turn.gif

Never new that; I've always thought JPEG was better, due to the fact most things use it when it comes to pictures.

@GTA_dog: I've already highlighted, that I didn't put in Niko's (slight) change because it has been documented well already; but as people keep asking about it, then I might put it in. Oh, and can you give me the pics with the BETA cars?

EDIT: Updated, with Special thanks to those who have given contributions to the list noted. Note: It may take time to load up some of the pic(s) first time icon14.gif .

Edited by gamesguru

bumster

I remade your signature so that it is higher quality.

I couldn't find the same images though... confused.gif

user posted image

Edited by bumster

gamesguru
i hate jpeg

Blasphemy! lol.gif

Ragered

Also noticed 1 minor thing

the dukes in this screenshot has no side exuasts, in the final game you cant find one without side exuasts

user posted image

user posted image

gamesguru

@Ragered & KTF67, nice finds; I will add these later icon14.gif .

EDIT: Added Ragered and KTF67's finds, and added an additional scripted event. Thank you all for your contributions to the list.

Edited by gamesguru

Gunde

Horrible horrible image quality. Can't see what the hell's going on in most of them.

gamesguru
Horrible horrible image quality. Can't see what the hell's going on in most of them.

Sorry, only had paint at the time; but I now have paint.net which is good at shrinking images. The only ones I believe that are completely un-viewable are the graphic images, which I have given enlarged versions of on page2.

TinCan

Some more I posted before the game was released:

1 - Switched which track goes to the upper station: (upper left old, lower right new)

user posted image

2 - Very minor, removed staircase:

user posted image

gamesguru

Some more I posted before the game was released:

1 - Switched which track goes to the upper station: (upper left old, lower right new)

user posted image

2 - Very minor, removed staircase:

user posted image

I will update these, but I can't see the first thumbnail and when I click the link, it won't load; this is why I hate ImageShack (even though I use it). But once ImageShack stops being such a p*ssy about everything, I will update the list.

If you could link me to the images separately off of gta4.net or something; it would be appreciated.

Edited by gamesguru

GT409

The white car in the Dukes car picture looks sorta looks like the Miabatisu Vincent, it was in the game