CJ's Garage....?

KCCougar

I have purchased S.A. & completed all the main Story line missions. (I have not done hardly any of the secondary ones. ie: Quarry, Trucker, Vigilante etc.) I have played GTA SA before I bought this version. I was playing my brothers game & at some point I was able to make low riders & sports cars right from CJ's garage in San Ferro. However, right now I do not have that ability. Even after doing all the storyline missions. Am I missing something here? I know that Los Santos is not the only area you can make "Low Riders". It sucks driving all the way back to LS just to pimp out a Blade. Any ideas here?

I was playing my brothers game & at some point I was able to make low riders & sports cars right from CJ's garage in San Ferro.

Are you talking about the Doherty garage? If yes, then you cannot mod cars in there. The only mod shop available in San Fierro is Wheel Arch Angels. If you have finished the mission 'Zeroing In', then the shop will be open. However, you can only mod the cars that you find inside the Wang Autos showroom.

Man, I could swear I was able to mod cars at CJ's place. Thanks. I will have to double check my brothers game save file........but that's what I was afraid of. cry.gif

Is there anywhere else in the game to mod low riders other than the one in LS? I love the Blade & Slamvan but you can only pimp those out in LS. I just hate driving that far only to drive all the way back to where I was. I fill up most of my safe house garages with either the NRG-500 or the FCR-900. I like bikes over cars since you can still shoot straight ahead & you can avoid more accidents on bikes. I guess I'll have to make room in one for a Blade. AAAARRRRGGG! confused.gif

Naseem Srour

Man, I could swear I was able to mod cars at CJ's place.

We need to know : Is it the Doherty Garage, or the Transfender modding garage ?

I think you mean the Transfender because it's near the Doherty Garage, and you might don't know them well ; which one is the Transfender and which one is the...

No it's Doherty one. I have opened the Transfender one. It will mod the Sultan & those types like Street Racers right? Yeah that's not the one I am thinkin'. It's CJ's garage that he gets instead of a Pink Slip for winning a race. That one.

Edited by KCCougar

Mod possibly? Although i have never heard one such a mod.

It has to be Wheel Arch Angels, Transfender or Lowrider in LS.

Wheel Arch Angels = No, because you cannot mod lowriders there.

Transfender = Possibly, if you have incorrectly remembered.

Lowrider in LS = No, because you have stated that it has to be in SF.

Looks as though it was Transfender, or a mod.

I'll look into it. Maybe he did Mod his game. I thought you could only Mod a PC game though, not PS2. I looked through the Modding section but was not able to find a tutorial on modding PS2 versions. Maybe I did not read far enough. Man....I am out of the loop here. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Oh, i didn't know you/he was on PS2.

No, that cannot be modded unless you use ARMax or GameShark.

Even then, i do not believe this mod exists.

Oh well, you'll have to make do with the LS one.

There's absolutely no way you can force the Doherty garage to mod cars, not even on PC (coz I don't believe such a mod exists). You must have mistaken the Transfender to be the garage.

Btw, how long was it since you modded cars at the Doherty garage?

Ars Gratia Artis
Man, I could swear I was able to mod cars at CJ's place. Thanks. I will have to double check my brothers game save file........but that's what I was afraid of. cry.gif

Maybe you are thinking of the Transfender at Wang Autos.

doesntcheatGTA

No. I know about that one. It is just north of CJ's Garage in Doherty on that side street on the right by Wang Autos. Then the Arc Angels one on the East Side of SF modifies the High End cars.

In any case....I have spoken to my brother & apparently I was hallucinating or on something because he said you cannot modify any cars there either.

May I just say to Rockstar North.....in the game, when he gets the Garage after the race & is talking in one of the cut scenes he says something to effect that he plans on modifying cars there. It makes sense that you would be able to modify any car in the game at CJ's own garage. Maybe that's why I "thought" you could Mod cars there. You should be able to! That was the entire premice of him keeping the garage. (as said in the cut scenes.) He & his family were gonna make something out of it.

All right. Having said that...The game still kicks a**!! I just wish you could modify cars somewhere else other than just LS. You can mod cars like the Buffalo, Super GT, Banshee & those types in all 3 citys. Where's the Low Rider love man? Thanks though to all you guys or gals if any of you are. (probably not) lol.

somethingGTA

maybe someone can make a mod to add a local low co and a wheels arc angles to the doherty garage

maybe someone can make a mod to add a local low co and a wheels arc angles to the doherty garage

I haven't heard of any such mod. Besides, if you already have mod shops in each city of SA, I don't see any reason why you'd want to turn safehouse garages into mod shops too.

Ceres071706

I haven't heard of any such mod. Besides, if you already have mod shops in each city of SA, I don't see any reason why you'd want to turn safehouse garages into mod shops too.

you can use the SA Control Center to mod your car in a garage..