CAN YOU PLAY GTA4 ON STANDARD DEF

sagddesign

sagddesign

My PS3 wont let me play GTA4 on a standard def TV as it dosent support 720p is there anyone out there who can play it on standard def and is there any sort of converter or trick to play it, i dont want to resort to buying a new television.

I have a SONY Trinitron flat screen about 7 years old, PS3 is connected using Component leads.

Edited by sagddesign

.Up&Coming.

I have HD now, but before I played on EDTV which maxes out at 480p. I just hooked it up and voila.

Are you sure your cables are connected right? I mean, does your PS3 start up? If it doesn't, that might be a sign about the cables being hooked in incorrectly.

NEW ACCOUNT

Panz

obviously thats what you did:

you played on another TV, a better definition TV(720p), switched to a different TV that cant run at 720p and now you think your ps3 cant work since it shows a blank screen

am i right or not, it happen to me yesterday tounge.gif

just go back on the HDTV, change your settings to SD and get the ps3 back to the SDTV

or hit the power button for 5 sec until it beeps, it'll reset the display settings

sagddesign

Thanks for th e replys, I havent set the PS3 on another tv only my one using the composite cables, when i select 720p 1080 etc the screen goes blank so i'm guessing my tv is to old, the game is the uncut UK version, and im plying it on a Japanese PS3, everything else works fine, i can watch blu-ray movies without any problems.

Thanks for th e replys, I havent set the PS3 on another tv only my one using the composite cables, when i select 720p 1080 etc the screen goes blank so i'm guessing my tv is to old, the game is the uncut UK version, and im plying it on a Japanese PS3, everything else works fine, i can watch blu-ray movies without any problems.

The tv has to support the composite cables... maybe it only has RCA and you trying to connect to that. It could also be a region problem. Playing a European game on a Japanese ps3 may be the problem.

i think ps3 is region free

composite cables are the red/white/yellow? if yes you have to use 480i or 576p or something like that, the red/white/yellow arent 720p or 1080i/p

UN-check 480p/720p/1080p . If you're using an SD television those resolutions are not supported, hence the black screen. The game however, is playable on a standard definition television, you just need to run the game at 480i. Also , it's definitely not a region issue , PS3 games are region free -- any game can be played on any PS3 console.

i think ps3 is region free

composite cables are the red/white/yellow? if yes you have to use 480i or 576p or something like that, the red/white/yellow arent 720p or 1080i/p

RCA is the yellow/red/white cables. Composite cables are the red/green/blue cables. RCA only supports (i believe) 640x480, which would be the standard of all tv's that aren't hd.

The problem could also be using a PAL game on an NTSC console. When in standard def mode, the console does matter. You need an AUS or UK console for PAL games on a PAL TV, or US/JPN games for a JPN console and TV.

To the poster before me, RCA is a jack. Component and Composite both use RCA plugs. Composite is the Yellow/Red/White. Component is the Red/Green/Blue+Audio. In PAL territories Composite outputs 576i, while in NTSC it outputs 480i. Component in either territory outputs 720p/1080i, but also can output 576p or 480p depending on territory.

Edited by jnzooger