Why Are Spiders Scary As f*ck?

The Unvirginiser

The Unvirginiser

Why do I find spiders so scary? I'm 17 and I find myself being stunned still with fear whenever I see a reasonably large spider. Little ones, I can handle... big ones, no, no... must just be the way they look, move.. erw.

I hate sheds with cobwebs and stuff, they could be anywhere...

Snakes, do not bother me, neither do big dogs or anything like that.

Birds do, anything that has wings, moths, even butterflies.. a 17 year old boy... afraid of butterflies...

Nowhere near as bad as spiders though... I know they cant hurt me, but as soon as they show up, I'm off!

Any of you guys act like little girl's around small animals?

user posted image

user posted image

Digïtál £vîl

Take your anger issues out on the spiders and smash the crap out of them. Both problems solved. smile.gif

You're scared of spiders so you post pictures of big motherf*ckers?

I too, am a little f*cking girl when it comes to Spiders. I really hate insects, even little ones. If there's a spider in my room, I can't go in there, and if I lose view of the spider while it's in the room I will not sleep anywhere near the room.

Dunno what its all about, but f*ck them. It's a fear and a half.

d653p.png

The Unvirginiser
Take your anger issues out on the spiders and smash the crap out of them. Both problems solved. smile.gif

Anger? No way, I sh*t my pants at the mere sight, the tough guy in me shrinks and gets stood on

flitcroft101

clock spider is scary as f*ck

user posted image

A huge huntsman spider found by someone in a relative's house, living under a clock. He took 3 photographs before, presumably, running from the room with terror. the first one is the clock, with the spider's legs poking out from one side of it. the second is a pic of the spider with the clock gone (it's not clear whether the clock has been moved or the spider as moved away from it) and the third one is a horrifyingly detailed close up showing the fur on the spider (eurgh). According to legend, this spider once had a ninth leg which fell off in a battle with limecat and became the being mortals worship as "God". Fools, clock spider will not treat them with mercy when judging them along with worshippers of limecat who will, undoubtedly, be fed to the spider after judgement day. rumor has it that the messenger the spider sends as the "judge" on judgement day will be a humongous piece of cheese, but since the spider will probably have eaten the Jupiter sized king of cheese long before then, who will be sent remains to be seen...

The clock spiders in their present state control all the world leaders. Think about it, every office has a clock. Most world leaders have several clocks of different time-zones...that means that they have at least 13 clock spiders in their office at any given time. The primary job of the clock spider is to scare the living sh*t out of people but their second goal is to use their web making skills to attach weblines to political leaders limbs and pull the strings from behind the safe haven of their clock fortresses. They had considered using their skills to create corruption via their spinning of a web of lies, but they considered this to be too obvious of a metaphor.

The Clock spider network suffered a set back on Friday October 13, 1307 when their puppet organisation the Templar Knights got really wasted and wandered off. Luckily, the clock spider's rebounded by forming the UX and set up a militant wing called the Untergunther which is a guerilla/covert force that fix clocks all over the world in secret to ensure that their clock spider masters have an unbroken line of communication.

You're scared of spiders so you post pictures of big motherf*ckers?

I too, am a little f*cking girl when it comes to Spiders. I really hate insects, even little ones. If there's a spider in my room, I can't go in there, and if I lose view of the spider while it's in the room I will not sleep anywhere near the room.

Dunno what its all about, but f*ck them. It's a fear and a half.

Ugh, it's the same for me here, those little/large bastards.

I used to pic up spiders and stuff when i was a kid but now i wouldn't i mean i wouldn't run off at the first sight of one but theres no way i'd touch one.

I am sh*t scared of big flies though, or even medium sized ones, mostly because of the fact that they are flying pieces of sh*t and they dart into you really fast... i'm getting scared even writing about them dontgetit.gif , man i guess "i couldn't even hurt a fly" i would have hid behind the sofa before it had even got near me.

I remember reading about camel spiders, they are around in the Iraqi desert, i read that they don't have a poison they have an anesthetic, they bite you and give you an anesthetic kinda thing, then the knaw away at you all night cry.gif when you wake up half of your foot is missing.

user posted image

Edited by hick
user posted image

A fear of something is what is know as a phobia. Most phobias are developed at an early age, possibly because of trauma caused by something in your childhood, your mind then naturally develops a fear for whatever happened in your youth, which is then carried with you for years. Some phobias will go away at a certain age, but other can stay with you for your entire life.

I actually once had a pet tarantula, it was so cute.

I hate spiders too, but nowhere near as much as wasps or bees. I'm pretty sure I have a serious phobia of them. Trouble is, it's the middle of summer and my backyard is like a forest. They're everywhere, it's terrible.

Vanilla Shake

Oh my f*cking god.

Hate them, hate them, hate them. I have to make sure my room is spider-free. The tiniest ones freak me out. Since it's summer, my basement is full of them and I have to cross through every night.

Ugh, getting the shivers just thinking about them.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

fuckindumass

Spiders ain't sh*t. The only time they come out is when they run out of bugs. It's when they aren't around you should worry. Try cleaning up your nasty abode.

GTA3Freak-2001

I hate big ones too, little ones are fine where you can't see their details of hair, fangs etc. but when you get one that its features stick out I am gone. I actually think there are people with a phobia who can't stand the site of any sized spider even daddy long legs and then there are people who don't like big ones but can usually handle the little ones.

Vanilla Shake
I actually think there are people with a phobia who can't stand the site of any sized spider even daddy long legs

Yeah, that would be me. Been deathly afraid of them ever since I was a wee little lad.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

I got a love/hate thing goin' on for the aracnids[?]. They creep me the f*ck out, but they're very beautiful things. catspider.gif

<snip>

I remember reading about camel spiders, they are around in the Iraqi desert, i read that they don't have a poison they have an anesthetic, they bite you and give you an anesthetic kinda thing, then the knaw away at you all night  cry.gif when you wake up half of your foot is missing.

Not true, that is an old urban legend. They don't have an anaesthetic and they only attack in self defense.

I got a spider crawling around somewhere by where I'm at by my computer system right now. I'm not scared of them because once I see it again I'll kill it so it's all good.

There's one close to my computer too.

I'm ready for the f*cker though.

As for the clock spider, if I saw that, I'd shoot the damn thing.

user posted image

There's one close to my computer too.

I'm ready for the f*cker though.

As for the clock spider, if I saw that, I'd shoot the damn thing.

Good to know I'm not alone lol. But this one by me is a quick little f*cker so it's gonna be hard to get.

Moonshield

user posted image

Just get John Goodman.

4XEtraA.jpg

Themanwiththeplan

I don't mind the little ones but the big ones are a bit creepy. I wouldn't say I am terrified though.

Bees and wasps? They are a different story. I completely flip out if I see or hear one.

OPQxo.png

Vercetti21
I hate big ones too, little ones are fine where you can't see their details of hair, fangs etc. but when you get one that its features stick out I am gone. I actually think there are people with a phobia who can't stand the site of any sized spider even daddy long legs and then there are people who don't like big ones but can usually handle the little ones.

That's where I'm at, too. I don't mind stepping on little spiders because they're just pests to me, but if I saw a tarantula I'd freak the f*ck out and run.

Either way, I'm more afraid of snakes than spiders. Even the little ones.

I have never ever come across anything as big as those, so I'm cool. We only have the tiniest spiders over here whom I can crush to death with my bare feet. smile.gif

Lochie_old

Big spiders, creepy.

Small spiders, fun. They usually chill in my shower so I have to like scoot them out, I ain't taking the chance of having my jiblets hatching spider eggs.

Why? Oh why did I come into this topic. Being an arachnophobic, I should have steered far, far away from this topic. That's what a smart person with arachnophobia would have done. But nope. Just had to be all... actually, I have no f*cking clue why I thought it'd be a good idea to check this hellish, God forsaken topic out.

Why are spiders scary as f*ck, though. Because they have been instilled in our heads to be creepy crawlers; the likes of roaches, beetles, and snakes. Movies, books, TV shows, and even video games include spiders (usually in a giant form) as a creepy adversary. It's one of the reasons I have yet to beat Resident Evil 2, and one of the reasons why I'm worried I won't be able to play Fallout 3. Spiders are spooky, their abnormal look is probably what inspired people to fear in the first place.

But I think that's enough, I'm getting the f*ck outta here. GOD I'M A MORON! I won't be able to sleep tonight.

F*CK SPIDERS!

Metal up your ass!

Try having a tarantula run across your foot while you're showering.

Then grandma comes in all calm like and smashes the big piece of crap.

user posted image

awr :3

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

I personally love spiders, I think their neato. We have these cool neon green little guys who hang out in my mom's driveway who give the nastiest bites.

Also technically speaking the bigger the spider, in general, the safter it is to you.

Also technically speaking the bigger the spider, in general, the safter it is to you.

That's true, its usually the smaller ones that have the poisonous bites.

My grandfather was bitten by a Black Widow and had to be taken to the emergency room once.

user posted image

Mainland Marauder

I don't kill spiders if I can avoid it. They eat bugs (like mosquitoes). I'm just not that afraid.

However, one of my few legit phobias is of flying, stinging insects (wasps, hornets etc.) Honeybees not so much.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."