Music Trivia

Mafia Drive Gunner

Mafia Drive Gunner

Well, after a search returning nothing, I thought this could be a fun topic, if people get into it.

Rules

- Try and be honest, and use your own knowledge to get the answer, without resorting to search engines if you can resist. For those posting a question, try and make it so that it is not obvious enough that it can be punched into a search engine, if possible of course.

- The sequence will be: Question is asked, question answered, and, unless completely sure of their answer, the answer is to be confirmed by the person who asked the question

- If a question isn't answered within a couple of days, PM the question poster and ask them to ask a new question, or ask them if you can present another question.

- Try and help out, if someone has answered but the questioner hasn't responded, PM them and tell them that someone had a crack.

- Put the question in bold to draw some attention to it, and readers read the whole question. No half answers.

- If people are finding it difficult, don't be a stubborn mofo, give them some hints or something.

Anyways, have fun. Don't be afraid to have a wild guess if you can handle being taunted by everyone. tounge.gif

I guess I'll start.

Which song is famous for the scream at the end of the opening sequence, after the lead singer was forced to sing those same lyrics over and over again for hours? Which band was this? Hint: Think 1980's.

Edited by Mafia Drive Gunner

I just did an online trivia two days ago for fill in the blank lyrics to Eagles' Hotel California, and that's a bit easier then the question you have there!

For the portion of Felder's song where the lyrics take a play-on-words turn, they neglected the line "Mercedes Bends", instead putting "Benz" in it's place! At that point in the lyrics, 63 percent got it right from 3 multiple choice fill ins!

That's alarming.

Anywho, what genre music are you talking about and how about the band? Any clues on that front??

There's a sh*tload of bands from the 1980s man!

I'll go with er... Whitesnake? Never heard any of their songs but they have that kinda cheesy '80s name. Dunno any of their songs other than Fool for your Lovin'. So that's my guess.

user posted image

Mafia Drive Gunner

Ok, here's a little bit more info, as requested. The band is recorded on Wikipedia as a heavy metal band, and a clue on the band, not quite the name: Calcium Maiden.

That might give it away if you are cluey enough.

Blind Joe Death

Calcium Maiden, lmao. Man, that's the best laugh I've had in a good while, thank you.

The answer is Iron Maiden

Blind Joe Death

Ah, crap. I honestly don't know what song you're talking about. I didn't realize we had to mention the song title as well.

Carry on.

Mafia Drive Gunner

Yeah, sorry but we can't just let people by with half answers I guess. Good work figuring out my mineral talk. Lol.

Here's the question again for those too lazy to go back to the top.

Which song is famous for the scream at the end of the opening sequence, after the lead singer was forced to sing those same lyrics over and over again for hours? Which band was this?

Two Minutes To Midnight by Iron Maiden?

Two Minutes To Midnight by Iron Maiden?

Could be, except Bruce's chilling scream is, well, at the climax of the song, near the end.

Great idea, by the way, Gunny.

ZMHer.png

TcLvb.pngGyRHV.png

That clue SEEMED far too obvious being only one obvious Iron Maiden, but it makes me wonder, how is Iron Maiden a band from the 1980s??? Just a little quibble with that clue.

That makes little sense.

Edited by Slamman

Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
"Just when I thought I was out, They pulled me back in"

user posted image

That clue SEEMED far too obvious being only one obvious Iron Maiden, but it makes me wonder, how is Iron Maiden a band from the 1980s??? Just a little quibble with that clue.

That makes little sense.

The song in question could well be from the 1980s.

I think I agree with Scifen, although I recall no scream at the end...

Just as a guess of my own, Rime of the Ancient Mariner?

Then down in falls comes the RAAAAAAAAAAAIN!

Although, I doubt that song could be famous; it's too long to ever receive any airplay...

Moonshield

Definitely Number of the Beast.

4XEtraA.jpg

Scarface187

I have just let myself down by not being the first person to answer this. sad.gif

user posted image

Mafia Drive Gunner

That's the answer. Had to be. Great song. Can't get enough of it at the moment for some reason. But that scream, interestingly enough, was unscripted, but the singer screamed at the end of the opening segment after he was forced to sing it over and over, continuously, until he got it correct.

"What did I see, could I believe? That what I saw that night, was real and not just fantasy?"

Ok, you're up Scifen.

Thanks also, Canox.

That makes little sense.

The song in question could well be from the 1980s.

I think I agree with Scifen, although I recall no scream at the end...

Just as a guess of my own, Rime of the Ancient Mariner?

Then down in falls comes the RAAAAAAAAAAAIN!

Although, I doubt that song could be famous; it's too long to ever receive any airplay...

I got a little worked up on that end... I think the young people tend to forget the whole, rich history of bands.

After all, the "singer" is Bruce Dickenson...not to be confused with the producer that Christopher Walken played on SNL. The infamous BOC more Cowbell skit.

Next question.

According to Jay-Z...

What does Manhattan keep on doing? What does Brooklyn keep on doing? What does Bronx keep on doing? What does Queens keep on doing?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
"Just when I thought I was out, They pulled me back in"

user posted image

I know the answer because I just Googled it. That's the problem with lyrics questions. I won't say though, because that's cheating. monocle.gif

Vercetti21

Brooklyn keep on making it, Manhattan keep on taking it?

Something like that. Not sure about the Bronx or Queens though.

Ars Gratia Artis

You could so easily google that!

I did because I wanted to know. tounge.gif

doesntcheatGTA

What was the original artist who recorded the song guitarist Gary Hoey recorded as a single and video for MTV, entitled Hocus Pocus?

What was the original artist who recorded the song guitarist Gary Hoey recorded as a single and video for MTV, entitled Hocus Pocus?

Did you ask Scifen for permission?

Anyway, the band who wrote Hocus Pocus was Focus. Not sure if that's the answer you're looking for...

Yep, We're all outta order here anyway, but consider yourself the lucky winner in spirit anyway!

cookie.gif

Yep, We're all outta order here anyway, but consider yourself the lucky winner in spirit anyway!

cookie.gif

biggrin.gif It's actually one of my favourite (virtually) instrumental songs ever. Whenever I hear it, I cannot get the yodelling out of my head...

Anyway, I'm having trouble coming up with a good question, so I leave you with this one:

Which famous Progressive Metal band released a concept album in 1988 containing a character called Nikki as the protagonist, Mary as his romantic interest, and Dr. X as the antagonist? What was the name of the album?

For me, it's Hoeys version and his kinetic video with the monkey and Canon (L1/L2) camcorder boom stand he wears, I felt it was just about perfect for an all instrumental video, that and Steve Vai's For The Love of God!

To answer that Q, Queensryche with Operation Mindcrime...too easy! hahaha

To answer that Q, Queensryche with Operation Mindcrime...too easy! hahaha

Yeah, of course you're right. It was a bit easy. Your turn.

I was trying to think of something....er, ah....

In Hats Off to Roy Harper, Zeppelin pay tribute to a rather unknown UK musician

What other band/personality did he work with later on that got him major recognition yet again?!?

In the traditional sense, this is just trivia that I am familiar with but it's a VERY well known act too.

I think it's either Deep Purple or Pink Floyd. He did guest vocals on one of their songs. Now, I can't be sure unless I Google it, which I refuse to...so I'm going to say Deep Purple, just because I've already said Pink Floyd in the lyrics thread and I want some variation.

But on the other hand, Pink Floyd are more the kind of band who'd have guest vocals... Ah, screw it. I'll stick with Deep Purple.