4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GTA3Rockstar

NFL Discussion

gta_player5
Also there is this really fun online football game in my sig. You create your guy and build him up and play for different teams, including Human owned teams. It's pretty fun once you get into it.

It's already been posted here, I didn't get into it, but a few people here I know did get into it and start playing.

Yea I did, level 16 QB just had a great game today 13/22 280 yds and 5 tds(Im the back up).

I wish the season was already here. sad.gif

Training camp is just a few weeks off, it's only two weeks away. Once camp starts, a lot of these "I just want the season to start" feelings will go away.

GTA3Rockstar
Also there is this really fun online football game in my sig. You create your guy and build him up and play for different teams, including Human owned teams. It's pretty fun once you get into it.

It's already been posted here, I didn't get into it, but a few people here I know did get into it and start playing.

Yea I did, level 16 QB just had a great game today 13/22 280 yds and 5 tds(Im the back up).

Training camp is just a few weeks off, it's only two weeks away. Once camp starts, a lot of these "I just want the season to start" feelings will go away.

Yea but then a few more weeks until the regular season starts, that's all I'm waiting for. biggrin.gif

Torcidas

Lol, if Favre comes back, the Madden curse could still continue its reign of terror.

GTA3Rockstar

Lol, if Favre comes back, the Madden curse could still continue its reign of terror.

Or maybe the curse was to bring him back. whatsthat.gif

There has to be more than 10 people who want to play the FFL and Pick 'em/ Come on there's a medal or to to be won here. biggrin.gif

Hodgey.

Im only at Level 5 with my DT but i aint been playing all that long. Since the 22 june or something.

GTA3Rockstar

Anyone know anyone around the forums who liked to play? Try to get some more people up here. icon14.gif

Mihai

Anyone know anyone around the forums who liked to play? Try to get some more people up here. icon14.gif

I will join.

GTA3Rockstar

I will join.

Mkay just need to have even number of team for it to work out better, plus you don't really seem active a lot. Get someone else and show you're active more icon14.gif

Mihai

I will join.

Mkay just need to have even number of team for it to work out better, plus you don't really seem active a lot. Get someone else and show you're active more icon14.gif

I don't post a lot, but i go on everyday, and trust me when it comes to football, I'll be active biggrin.gif

gta_player5
Sounds good, I'll pm you the information to sign up when I get back.

Former Charger's safety Kiel dies

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...eo&confirm=true

That's very sad, it's bad enough when any athlete dies, but when an athlete like him who is young and talented dies it makes it even worse. Sure he wasn't in the league and sure he had some off the field problems, but if you look at his numbers he was a good player. RIP Terrence Kiel.

Jonesizzle

R.I.P. It is always sad to see a football player go out like this. To be honest, whenever I played Madden Kiel ended up being a badass Safety whenever I used the Chargers.

Brett Favre needs to stay retired, or if he comes back go to the Patriots or something and go out with a bang. Because Favre isn't going to win a super bowl ring in Green Bay. Sorry. confused.gif

Hodgey.

Shame to see a another young NFL athlete go out like this.

R.I.P Terrence Kiel R.I.P

Rashon.

What's weird about it is I didn't hear much from ESPN about this story. I don't watch it a lot this time of year because of baseball season (Can't really get into it).

Anyway, I'll try the Fantasy League. Prepare to... well, don't know since I'm going to basically be a Fantasy Games rookie.

GTA3Rockstar
What's weird about it is I didn't hear much from ESPN about this story. I don't watch it a lot this time of year because of baseball season (Can't really get into it).

Anyway, I'll try the Fantasy League. Prepare to... well, don't know since I'm going to basically be a Fantasy Games rookie.

Really? I thought you played last year. whatsthat.gif

Do you understand the concept atleast?

Hodgey.

Yey i have another league that i will be in on NFL.com (ill pay more attention to this one as i could get a medal icon14.gif )

But just thought i show you the team i drafted:

Manning, Peyton QB

Bush, Reggie RB NO

Johnson, Larry RB KC

Harrison, Marvin WR IND

Johnson, Calvin WR DET

Moss, Santana WR WAS

Winslow, Kellen TE CLE

Rackers, Neil K ARI

Cowboys, DST DAL

Young, Vince QB TEN JAC

James, Edgerrin RB ARI

Muhammad, Muhsin WR

Williams, Reggie WR JAC

Lewis, Marcedes TE JAC

Top half are the active players the bottom half (VY downwards are reserves) I was pretty pleased seeing as i had the next to last pick in the first round. If i get a similar team to this in our league ill be pretty stoked.

GTA3Rockstar

Nice team there Hodge.

Okay, people if you can, put your forum name in your Talk Smack option on Yahoo so its easier for me to know who you are. Thanks. icon14.gif

gta_player5
Nice team there Hodge.

Okay, people if you can, put your forum name in your Talk Smack option on Yahoo so its easier for me to know who you are. Thanks. icon14.gif

You better know who I am. It's the same name as last season. Office Linebackers. icon14.gif

Mainland Marauder

As a Packer fan I'm about tired of the back-and-forth on whether Favre is coming back or not.

It's been a good run, but it's time to move on.

Bartleby
As a Packer fan I'm about tired of the back-and-forth on whether Favre is coming back or not.

It's been a good run, but it's time to move on.

I think it's pretty apparent that all this speculation is doing is hurting the Packers franchise. Just how should Aaron Rodgers feel about the stability of his position as team leader when it looks like Favre can easily sign another 1-year contract and step back into first string? It's getting to be about that time that Green Bay needs to start looking ahead to the preseason, and they can't be all that confident in the structure of the team when Bret Favre's possible reinstatement is always looming over their heads.

Swarz

I'm a closet NFL fan. Weird from a Brit I know, but lived with an NFL nut a few years ago at Uni and he got me into it. Get all the NFL and CFB games on Sky and NASN over here.

I'm also on GLB - my guard is my best creation so far - Mr Bishop.

Hodgey.
Nice team there Hodge.

Yey great idea, i just did it after 15mins of trying to find out how, even though i used that option like a couple of days ago. sh*t my memory is definetly going.

GTA3Rockstar

Forty's friend is signing up, so that'll put us at 12 people. If anyone wants to sign up, there needs to be two so we can keep it even numbered. icon14.gif

Runey

Brett Favre is sending text messages to people?

You'd think he'd at least call the people, don't you?

gta_player5

I have a feeling Brett Favre will be playing football again next season. With the Packers? I couldn't see him anywhere else. However, judging from Ted Thompson's reaction to Favre sending him a text message, I think it's very possible that he could play somewhere else. Thompson said that Favre would have to wait until he got back from vacation to speak to him, or any other people in the Packers' front office. That to me sounds like they do not want to deal with him and his "yes/no/maybe" bull sh*t. Sure, you're one of the greatest to ever play and you can still play at a high level, but why put your team through the tedious waiting game every offseason and the one season where you say it's over, you turn around three months later and say you want back in. The Packers seem like they don't want Favre, why? They said that he would have to wait until they got back from vacation to speak to anybody and also the president of the franchise said that the team would be moving on.

Not much other news coming out of the NFL right now. That will change in a week or so after training camp begins.

GTA3Rockstar

Brett Favre just needs to do us all a faver and keep his word when he makes it. It hurts everyone, especially GB with Aaron still wanting to play.

Everyone still signing up Pick em when its available to create it?

GTA_kev

nfl is gay. gaelic football is far better

thatsoccerguy

Then you're opinions best be kept to the Gaelic Football Topic, eh?

Swarz

yeh man gaylic foottbal is way better lik they r much harder an there stronger to icon14.giftounge2.gifbiggrin.gif

How old are you? Does your mum know you're using the internet? sly.gif

Hodgey.

Seriously what is the f*cking point in putting that here.