A Showcase

SaintJimmy

Well about a year ago I started to play around with a free application called Paint.NET. i never really liked tutorials, so I decided to teach myself. I've stopped now, havent done much graphic work for about 3 or so months - I thought I'd share what I've cooked up in my time with my friends here at GTAF.

These were my first ever, within the first 2 months -

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Then, my first request inlove.gif A fellow clan member who liked dethklok -

user posted image

Then i stopped for about another 3 months, and made some of these.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Aaaaaaand as you can see - the sexy Silent Bob skin i'm currently using.

btw, all renders my renders were done with an eraser. No bs wink.gif

You can kind of tell you've done them with an eraser. Most of your renders have rough edges which bring the overall quality of the sig down. I like some of your ideas though, even if they are a bit big and blocky. The Mob logo looks like a sig within a sig which makes it generally too busy.

I don't like some of them myself, I think the best one is your Brucie one because it's more "modern". Consider learning to use the pen tool, it's pretty easy and looks a sh*t load better than using an eraser.

in5dJdX.png

You can kind of tell you've done them with an eraser. Most of your renders have rough edges which bring the overall quality of the sig down. I like some of your ideas though, even if they are a bit big and blocky. The Mob logo looks like a sig within a sig which makes it generally too busy.

I don't like some of them myself, I think the best one is your Brucie one because it's more "modern". Consider learning to use the pen tool, it's pretty easy and looks a sh*t load better than using an eraser.

Thanks for your constructive criticism. Oh god, the things i'd do for a pen/magnetic lasso...

Like I said, I'm using a free application called paint.net - a very, very minimalist version of photoshop.

The first few, with the Mob logos in them - they were my first works. as you can see I've kind've gotten better.

And i've realised that alot of my first ones were very similar to each other.

once again, thankyou. just thought i'd explain my situation a little better tounge.gif