cars catch fire by slamming?

sronsr

well i cant figure it out, any tips?

sometimes i slam into cars and the people in it jump out burning and then die and the car blows up...

with just 1 hit even on the trunk...

does it happen randomly or is there a trick

also when a car falls "motor first" into the ground from... lets say a bridge(from the bohan-dukes bridge off to charge island) it blows up on impact if noone knew tounge.gif

so how do i get cars to blow up with 1 slam/shot/hit or whatever(idk i get cars to blow up with a bullet...)

PS. sorry if it comes as a double post, i've watched some youtube vids and forgot if i posted the topic(i looked if its already posted but its not and whenever i've posted a topic i use "back" which brings me back to the "posting new topic" window...)

Fuzzknuckles

Gas/Petrol on the cap, sparks...

BOOM.

I dunno. It's not a glitch or a bug though, it's just an oddity that defies realism.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

there are a few threads around handling this topic... one theory is that the drivers smoke and drop their cigarette which makes them catch fire ...thus the vehicle catches fire and explodes after a few seconds.

there are a few threads around handling this topic... one theory is that the drivers smoke and drop their cigarette which makes them catch fire ...thus the vehicle catches fire and explodes after a few seconds.

that was my theory too, that or his car is really sh*tty and just a ticking time bomb.

its never happened to a cop car or any city vehicles.

oh what a day

At the end of a taxi ride, the taxi driver rammed into the back of another car. The driver got out, on fire.

I tried to get out, but both the taxi and car exploded and I died.

What's weird is that the car the taxi rammed wasn't even damaged before the taxi hit it, and that it somehow caught on fire and exploded by being hit from the back. nervous.gif

well i cant figure it out, any tips?

sometimes i slam into cars and the people in it jump out burning and then die and the car blows up...

with just 1 hit even on the trunk...

does it happen randomly or is there a trick

also when a car falls "motor first" into the ground from... lets say a bridge(from the bohan-dukes bridge off to charge island) it blows up on impact if noone knew tounge.gif

so how do i get cars to blow up with 1 slam/shot/hit or whatever(idk i get cars to blow up with a bullet...)

PS. sorry if it comes as a double post, i've watched some youtube vids and forgot if i posted the topic(i looked if its already posted but its not and whenever i've posted a topic i use "back" which brings me back to the "posting new topic" window...)

that's been happining to me to sometimes

Amunication

I've made cars blow up instantly just by shooting them with a pistol.

In an online game I've had my car set on fire and eventually burst into flames because my car was parked next to a mate's car who was on fire. Yet there was nothing wrong with mine, infact our cars were barely touching.

It's just to add more variety to car crashes. So you never really know whats going to happen when you see a car crash. Unlike the past GTAs, where the same thing always happened. The bumpers and hood would bend, and thats about it.

Easy, the gas tank leaks, the petrol short circuits the electric wires of the car. The gas catches on fire and blows up.

7.62 hiberNative
Easy, the gas tank leaks, the petrol short circuits the electric wires of the car. The gas catches on fire and blows up.

wins over the lame "instant cigarette ignition" theory...

uhm, no.

what about the burning driver falling from the door before the car catches fire?

let's ask R* about that to get proof?!

well i'll try to look if the driver had a cigar next time tounge.gif

i also had cars blowing up with 1 shot...

anyone got R* email address? confused.gif

One time I was going to track down a most wanted criminal and I was in an FIB Buffalo driving full speed down an intersection and slammed right into a car that was going slow. I got out of the car and checked the damage I did. The guy's car wasn't really smashed up, but suddenly, it started catching on flames. The guy gets out of the car and he's running around on fire. I get back in the FIB Buffalo and I start to drive away slowly, then there's an explosion and the guy on fire is dead. I stopped for a few seconds, then continued on to track down that most wanted criminal.

TheSamurai Hobo

I love how in some cases they survive the burning and just stand by their car.. staring at you until they are blown away

Probably the impact crushes the gas tank causing it to leak dozingoff.gif ?

I love how in some cases they survive the burning and just stand by their car.. staring at you until they are blown away

Good thought,

[nerd]if you manage to compress the tank by 1:8 and no leak, diesel fuel will blow up without ignition, benzine@1:10. Just for the record.[/nerd] turn.gif

Wasn't that what I said? dozingoff.gif o

no, you said LEAK assuming leaking fuel would be ignited. I said NO LEAK, because compression produces heat and leads to an explosion (this is about how a combustion engine functions, and for diesel engines it takes no spark plugs, just the compression).

btw: does it happen to any of the vehicles, or just specific ones? I think I only had minivans so far

The leak was actually an explanation to why cars exploded in prior games, I suppose you DID watch the Tokyo Drift, right? Han's car did not explode right away. When the explosion is immediate - maybe you're right, too much heat energy from both cars.

I was the one who first came up with the cig. theory.

And i testet it and found out that they do catch fire when dropping the cig. wink.gif

Anyone remember the Ford Pinto? Was designed with a defective gas tank, which would easily rupture in a rear-end collision at 30mph or higher, needing only a spark (from cigarettes, scraping metal etc) to set the whole thing on fire. This could be whats happening in the game, deliberate design flaws in cars from Rockstar to occasionally cause fires.

Anyone remember the Ford Pinto? Was designed with a defective gas tank, which would easily rupture in a rear-end collision at 30mph or higher, needing only a spark (from cigarettes, scraping metal etc) to set the whole thing on fire. This could be whats happening in the game, deliberate design flaws in cars from Rockstar to occasionally cause fires.

lol, yeah!

there was an enineering error in one of the early 2000s Mazda 6 models (I think... don't quote me on that), where the exhaust pipe's heat shield wouldn't hold the heat back and away from the gas tank - allowing the plastics to melt and leave a hole in the tank. thus, it would eventually catch fire especially under load, as well. But I don't think they refer to that. Sorry for being that off-topic, just wanted to share that story... blush.gif

so... you say the cigar one is true?

btw the gas tank... it has to happen randomly because i smashed cars more up and they didnt explode and sometimes they blowed up when bent in by "just" 30cm if in real...

edit: btw frip i laughed at that, mazda fails so bad, i was once driving in one and whenever i stopped the exhaust kept vibrating(lol this doesnt sound good haha) and made that annoying sound, luckily i dont own a mazda

If Niko just touches the rear bumper of a Ford Pinto... with his finger... BOOM!!!! biggrin.gif

At the end of a taxi ride, the taxi driver rammed into the back of another car. The driver got out, on fire.

I tried to get out, but both the taxi and car exploded and I died.

What's weird is that the car the taxi rammed wasn't even damaged before the taxi hit it, and that it somehow caught on fire and exploded by being hit from the back.  nervous.gif

Maybe the guy driving the car was smoking a cigar and drinking some Vodka, could be a nasty combination...

Edited by Chukkles

7.62 hiberNative

uhm, no.

what about the burning driver falling from the door before the car catches fire?

let's ask R* about that to get proof?!

the explosion goes through the dashboard.

it's not like you incinerate if you drop a cigg in your lap ffs.

IT makes me think that everyone here smokes and doesn't know a person who doesn't.

I dont smoke colgate.gif But my theory is that rockstar's car designers accidently forgot to add another zero to the damage that a few cars can take.