Buffalo

pariah87

I saw a billboard with a red buffalo on it not the FIB one.

Why do you think R* took it out? It's sick its stupid the only way to get one is from the FIB.

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

Personally I think they'll be adding it in DLC, doesn't the billboard say something like ''coming soon... the 2008 Buffalo''? But yeah it would be nice, it's one of my favorite cars.

It should rather be: 'DID R* take something out?' unless it's confirmed that it had been IN before. (edit: Pre-release) Screenshots of a regular Buffalo in-game, anyone?

And, apart from that: Tyla, do you really think R* announces anything in-game that doesn't come to all the gamers (e.g. ps3 ones), assuming DLC will be 360 exclusive? I doubt that...

But, I gotta admit that a normal Buffalo would be a decent every-day ride. Now, it's not the easiest thing to get around LC, which maybe adds to our fervour...

Capricornus

Cool. Anyone know the exact location of this billboard? I'd love to see it for myself. I would have loved if there was a normal Buffalo, but oh well. IMO, the car is excellent, but it's not super spectacular, yet you have to go through a sh*tload just to get it. It's better cars in the game, but oh well.

caprisig.jpg

I think the billboard resides in Dukes or Bohan...not sure anymore. North Algonquin does have a car billboard, think it's a truck, however.

I never once assumed a billboard or radio ad meant something WAS in the game but then taken out for some odd reason. DLC could account for more cars, but which is anyone's guess.

Since both consoles(360 & PS3) will get DLC, 360 obviously getting more seen as Microsoft shelled out the 50 million, the 360 content is going to be a lot more than a car, it's going to be new missions, a small thing like the Buffalo car could very simply just be added in DLC for both consoles.

Capricornus
I think the billboard resides in Dukes or Bohan...not sure anymore. North Algonquin does have a car billboard, think it's a truck, however.

I never once assumed a billboard or radio ad meant something WAS in the game but then taken out for some odd reason. DLC could account for more cars, but which is anyone's guess.

Thanks Slamman. I'll check it out.

caprisig.jpg

Already made a topic on this a few days ago; no offense but did you try search?

My Buffalo Topic

But yours went down in a flame war...

You'd done better to contribute to this one and not let it drift apart, as well. For example, you could have posted the location provided in your thread... jeez.

So, I'll do that for you now:

The road that goes round the open pool in Dukes. It's the north road going east.

Already made a topic on this a few days ago; no offense but did you try search?

My Buffalo Topic

But yours went down in a flame war...

You'd done better to contribute to this one and not let it drift apart, as well. For example, you could have posted the location provided in your thread... jeez.

So, I'll do that for you now:

The road that goes round the open pool in Dukes. It's the north road going east.

I see your point. And damn, I new I forgot to put something on my post.

cookie.gif for quoting it.

Since both consoles(360 & PS3) will get DLC, 360 obviously getting more seen as Microsoft shelled out the 50 million, the 360 content is going to be a lot more than a car, it's going to be new missions, a small thing like the Buffalo car could very simply just be added in DLC for both consoles.

As mentioned refrain from seeding flame wars. I don't think, nor even presume the DLC will be only cars or clothes. Houser stated the plan is to make it worth what they offer it for, but didn't spill any beans on what.

But, I gotta admit that a normal Buffalo would be a decent every-day ride. Now, it's not the easiest thing to get around LC, which maybe adds to our fervour...

Tell me about it; I had to fail Phil's mission where you transfer the stolen drugs- when the FIBs rolled up, I just stole one of their cars and took it to a safehouse.

Now that I have it, I'm glad I did that...as many shootouts I engaged in just to try and coerce the FIBs to join in and they either didn't, or I couldn't get to them once I got past 5 stars...or their cars would get blown to hell. Too many times.

When I saw that billboard, the wheels on that Buffalo looks awesome. I hope there's a mission in DLC where you can get that vehicle. If that vehicle gets released, I'll probably replace my FIB Buffalo with the normal Buffalo but then again it's a hard decision since I had to go through fighting the police to get that FIB Buffalo.

jamaican_jacob

I found the billboard to the Buffalo. Go to Steinway, Dukes. From Franklen Street, come up Morris Street. icon14.gif

Slightly off-topic, but I always wondered why they revamped the Buffalo as a Dodge Charger, when it used to look like an 80s Chevy Camaro in SA. And yet, we also have the Ruiner in IV, which also looks like an 80s Camaro...

Mr. Someguy

Slightly off-topic, but I always wondered why they revamped the Buffalo as a Dodge Charger, when it used to look like an 80s Chevy Camaro in SA. And yet, we also have the Ruiner in IV, which also looks like an 80s Camaro...

I guess the FBI / FIB use alot of vehicles, depending on where you are in the country.

LC: FBI Cruiser / FBI Car (Kuruma)

VC: FBI Rancher / FBI Washington

SA: FBI Rancher

LC: FIB Buffalo

Edited by Mr. Someguy

Nothing ever makes sense, in the GTA world a car can go from a Lamborghini, to a Ferrari to an NSX and then back to a Lamborghini, but with the ass of a Pagani.

And thats one of the less weird evolutions.

38773_s.gif

I guess the FBI / FIB use alot of vehicles, depending on where you are in the country.

LC: FBI Car (Kuruma)

VC: FBI Rancher / FBI Washington

SA: FBI Rancher

LC: FIB Buffalo

In GTA: LCS the FBI Car wasn't actually a FBI Kuruma like the one from GTA: 3. It was the same type of model with the Taxis and Police Cars.

I think he just meant the LC from GTAIII.

But I know what you mean.

38773_s.gif

Whoops, sorry. I meant to say he forgot to add the normal FBI Car because he also posted FBI Washington from GTA: VCS & GTA: VC. For GTA: SA, wasn't there also this FBI Truck? It looked like a SWAT vehicle but I think you had to use a cheatdevice to spawn it.

Whoops, sorry. I meant to say he forgot to add the normal FBI Car because he also posted FBI Washington from GTA: VCS & GTA: VC. For GTA: SA, wasn't there also this FBI Truck? It looked like a SWAT vehicle but I think you had to use a cheatdevice to spawn it.

Yeah I remember that.

It was like an armoured SUV.

And yes, only attainable via cheat devices.

38773_s.gif

Mr. Someguy

Yea, but I didn't include that because even though the vehicle was called an "FBI Truck", it only had SAPD markings, no FBI markings.

Tyla, do you really think R* announces anything in-game that doesn't come to all the gamers (e.g. ps3 ones), assuming DLC will be 360 exclusive? I doubt that...

How many times does it have to be said? "Only the 2 episode packs are exclusive ot the 360...not ALL DLC..."

There's a second billboard, I'm not sure where I saw it, but I believe it was in Alderny.

hungry man 69

i loved the buffalo in SA. im pissedits not in the game hopefully itll be the DLC

Ok fine it doesnt mean it was in the game blah blah blah

but tell me THIS

WHY?!?!?!? Make a billboard with a car thats RED and is a BUFFALO that isnt even in the game, f*cking pointless.

AND where did they get the Buffalo Model thats reds for the picture if it wasn't in the pre-release.

Riddle me this..

Gray Fox: I'm like you, I have no name.

but tell me THIS

WHY?!?!?!? Make a billboard with a car thats RED and is a BUFFALO that isnt even in the game, f*cking pointless.

AND where did they get the Buffalo Model thats reds for the picture if it wasn't in the pre-release.

Riddle me this..

The past GTAs had billboards like this. I think in GTA: 3, there was a billboard of Maibatsu Monstrosity but it didn't exist as a vehicle in the game. In GTA: VCS, there was this car being advertised on a billboard and I think it was called Insurrection Turbo RSX or something but again it didn't exist as a vehicle in the game.

I love the Buffalo. It's my favourite car in the entire game, it's quick, got loads of grunt and is fantastic off road.

It's been confirmed that DLC will have new vehicles, so I would expect to see it. Kinda makes sense if the FIB only have this newer model, as these sorts of organisations tend to get these vehicles before they are released to the general public.

but tell me THIS

Riddle me this..

It's just a colour... man. If the model is the same, they just need to render it with a different coloured shader. Simple. No riddle.

Alex: Where/when has that been confirmed? Would be pretty nice, then! I'd like to see a regular Buffalo, for example! inlove.gif

MasterVampire

i got my FBI Bullalo too biggrin.gif

took me a while aswell so its extra special