Leveling Up

Breaking Bohan

Breaking Bohan

Can someone please tell me a couple things relating to multiplayer:

1. About how long does it take you to level up?

2. I hear you get clothes ... but is that it? Do you get a ton of options or new weapons?

3. Is it really worth working to leveling up?

4. Why do people disappear when they're in the lobby before the game can start, and then you have to wait around for an hour for them to check the box so everyone can actually begin to play?

Many thanks -

1. It depends on how good you are at the game. If you do well against the other players, then I would think you will gain ranking faster.

2. You only get new appearance options for the Player Model screen, mostly clothes. No weapons.

3. It's up to you. There's no gameplay advantage gained from ranking up afaik.

4. Maybe people leave because they're tired of waiting. Or they don't like the game options that have been set.

1.  About how long does it take you to level up?

2.  I hear you get clothes ... but is that it?  Do you get a ton of options or new weapons?

3.  Is it really worth working to leveling up?

Many thanks -

1. Depends on what game you play and what level you are. You can find out how much you need to level up here http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=341441##Q9

2. Nope just the clothes

3. Not really unless you want new clothes

Edited by dov3434

1. That depends on the gametype you play. The co-op based modes (BTBII, Hangman and Deal Breaker) will yield around 4500 and above if played on hard.

2. Yes, that's it. No awesome tuxedoes either.

3. No.

4. Impatience and stupidity.

Breaking Bohan

Thanks for the info ...

Man what a bummer! How hard would it be to throw a couple different rifles or cars or something worthwhile for leveling up? It just doesn't make sense to me at all. confused.gif

Also, is there any way to get into bigger games - for example, I try to go into deathmatch or team deathmatch, and then there are like 4 people ... then the guy selecting the board chooses the entire city so it takes 10 minutes to locate the enemy (who by that time has probably withdrawn from the game). Do you just keep dumping out of forums until you get into a larger game, or is it all random or what?

Gta IV King

1. About how long does it take you to level up?

2. I hear you get clothes ... but is that it? Do you get a ton of options or new weapons?

3. Is it really worth working to leveling up?

4. Why do people disappear when they're in the lobby before the game can start, and then you have to wait around for an hour for them to check the box so everyone can actually begin to play?

Many thanks -

1. Depends how good you are or what game modes you play the most. I'm level 6 and have played a variation of TDM, Race and car jack city. It's taken me around 1 week at a good hour a day.

2. You just unlock clothes.

3. I don't really "work" on leveling up. It just happens as I play.

4. It's called PSN. Don't like it? Get Xbox Live like the rest of us sensible players.

Games I own:

GTA IV/SA/VC/III, COD4/3/2, Gears Of War, Battlefield 2, Counter Strike, Bio Shock, Halo 3, The Club, Frontline: fuel of war, Rb6v 1/2, Army Of Two, Guitar Hero 2/3, Forza 2, Far cry, PGR 3/4, Spiderman 3, Colin Mcrae Dirt, Saints Row, Fifa 06/07/08, Oblivion, Amped 3, G.R.A.W 1/2, Crackdown, Skate, Dead rising, Sonic, every Lara Croft ever made (I've always loved it since the first Tomb raider)... Won't include Xbox 1, PS1/2 or N64 games because it'll take all day to write...

Oh, yes I'm a geek...

SuperJude™
4. It's called PSN. Don't like it? Get Xbox Live like the rest of us sensible players.

Perhaps if certain xbox players weren't so snide, they might get more respect from the PS3 crowd instead of looking like insufferable elitist jerkoffs when we're talking apples and oranges. I mean...I certainly have enough friends who play xbox and you've got just as many if not MORE sh*tbirds on that network.

Sorry folks, your platform does not in fact define you as a person save for the fact PS3 people are superior devil.gif