GTA'S BIG PROBLEM

CobraRB

hello people! i have this game since 10 may. i never had problems whit the game,but last night it started to freeze.how my PS3 doesn't reads disks anymore.i'he deleted my saves and install data,but the problem persists.now i'vo chosen Restore PS3 System. maybe this will work. any sugestions? i need help. thanks

Crazy Asian

I still don't understand how GTA ruined your PS3...I don't understand how ANY game can ruin ANY console. It just doesn't make sense.

Same thing happened to my PS3 mate. Playing GTA IV, froze, turn back on, and no longer reads discs.

I also tried reloading, but to no avail. It's now been sent to Sony, and I wont get it back for another 20-25 days.

Miamivicecity,have you tried to format the system? maybe this will work..

Yeah I tried that, like the Sony guy said over the phone. It didn't do a thing.

I reckon the laser is rooted. Yours sounds unfortunately the same too.

fishermanGTA

Smae happened with mine. I have a 1st generation PS3 (the first ones off the "roller").

The problem is your bluray reader is broken. happened to a lot of the first generations.

The 40GB models do not have that problem as they are newer and have a fix for the problem.

Just to clear it up, I left mine on for 5 days straight, that is the reason the bluray reader broke.

You will need to return it for a swap, or send it back to sony and they will send you a 40 GB.

Hmmmm mine is a November 07 40GB model. I played it everyday after GTA IV's release, but usually no longer then 2 hours.

Edited by Miamivicecity

i have a 60 gig model bought in august 2007. i don't play too much on it,i think my longest time playing was about 6 hours.i must repair mine?

fishermanGTA
i have a 60 gig model bought in august 2007. i don't play too much on it,i think my longest time playing was about 6 hours.i must repair mine?

If it is a 60 GB model then refer to my answer above.

I got lucky. I got the last 60 GB model in NSW. I didnt want

to downgrade to 40 gb and lose the backward compatibility.

you will need to downgrade to 40 GB to fix the problem.

If it is a 60 GB model then refer to my answer above.

I got lucky. I got the last 60 GB model in NSW. I didnt want

to downgrade to 40 gb and lose the backward compatibility.

you will need to downgrade to 40 GB to fix the problem.

but the 80 gig model? it has the backward compatibility too?

i don't understand , i have a 60GB version and no game crashed yet.

i also play more then 7 hours a day.

but my nephew's console crashed too , becuz it was standing vertically...mine's horizontally.

how did yours standed cobraRB?

horizontaly

did you used any wrong stuff in your PS3? e.g. cracked games , cracked movies?

no.i used 4 games : Juiced 2(PS3), GTA 4 (PS3), GTA Vice City Stories (PS2) and Gran Turismo 4 (PS2) +1 DVD about Egypt (from a magazine) + 2 CD with music,made by me,but for 2-3 minutes. that's all

any of those games were copies?tounge2.gif sorry, i cant help you then.

nope,they are original

no , dont think so.

also , this isn't mented to be here, post it in troubleshooting section.

bblancobrnx
the bluray reader can be repaired?

YES, they can replace the blue laser. Of course they can. That is how they end up with refurbished units. I've had my 60 gig since december '06 and had it on for DAYS AND DAYS playing Oblivion at 10 hours at a clip. It works like a charm to this day. Also make sure that you never move the console around with a disc inside. This can jar the laser out of alignment and games will not play. Use a laser lens cleaner once in a while also. Some people just got a bad laser, though, and there is NOTHING they can do about it. BTW, mine is vertical.

A disc can't ruin a drive, there's no physical contact supposed to take place, and data read from the beam is meant to translate to game code and information on how to display video and present audio, so there are things besides the actual game content seen on the screen that a disc contains, but not anything to sabotage a system's hardware. I am not sure why a drive would stop readin unless it's resetting it's focus poorly or has speed issues. Like a digital record player, you need the correct speed from the motor for the information to make since and be put to use.

Same thing is happening to me gta4 won't start a couple of my other games won't work but some still do.

KingyThePothead
I still don't understand how GTA ruined your PS3...I don't understand how ANY game can ruin ANY console. It just doesn't make sense.

im the same! i cant see how this can happen........ i know it does, because people report it, but logically a game CANT just break a console from reading the disk, unless its one fo them Charlie Angels self destruct things LOL

but anyways, maybe its just coincedence on the laser popping, or they could have been dirt on the disk, but it cant just break from reading!

mate,my disk is like a mirror. no dirt on it,no scratches,like new.and my ps3 is almost one year old.if they give me a 40 gig sh*tty ps3,i will reufse and get my money back witch i paid for my beloved 60 gig one and i will buy a ps2 and i will mod it. 40 gig ps3 is sh*t

gta 4 gamer

Can u guys predict if my ps3 will freeze..here are the stats

bought in= May 2008

Model= Ps3 (40 GB)

PLZ ANSWER

Crazy Asian

a console freezing is usually based on how scratched the disc is, not the console. also, electronics are unpredictable.

So far if I am correct GTA has ruined my ps3 two times in a row. I bought the game april 29th at midnight and played fr three days and my ps3 blue-ray drive fried that was the first time, and the second time was when I got my ps3 back within two weeks and played gta for about a week or so and my consoles power unit shut down so, I think that my copy of gta might just have a bug in it or something else is going on.

gta 4 gamer

a patch released...i hope it helps...some posters here say it does help multiplayer...

for the freezing, disabling internet, signing of PSN, dont let it overheat, delete all web cookies and cache...that will help icon14.gif