Taxi Driver

Steve Crook

Steve Crook

I'm just trying 100 fares in a single session, and it's tough.

It seems that the time given gets shorter and shorter as you go on.

Earlier in the run I was given 2 minutes to get from Vice Point Mall to the Hardware Store. Now that I'm up to 85 in a row it's only giving me just over a minute.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I've had to pause the game for a rest because it is tiring doing 100 fares in a single session.

Has anyone else done it?

I had always done it in shorter batches before, usually only about 20-25 at a time

Steve

Edit.

In fact it became impossible.

Dropping off a passenger at the jewelry shop and picked up the next one right next to it. But then I only had 50 seconds to get to Ammunation.

In two words Im-possible

But I did earn $84,780 for 88 passengers. That's $76,500 in bonuses for every 5 passengers up to 85 passengers, plus a bit of "small change" in speed bonus tips biggrin.gif

And it was quite easy to do the other 12 to clock up the 100. I noticed that as soon as I started the last 12 it was back to giving me a minute on the short runs and 2 minutes on the longer runs.

A total of $87,563 for the 100 passengers. Not as good as the $105,000 (plus tips) that should be possible. But pretty good. Easily enough to buy all the safe houses.

user posted image

Although I have noticed that sometimes it does only give you a ridiculously short length of time for your first fare. When that happens I just give up and start again. But you can't do that when you're in the middle of trying to do 100 in a row

Steve

Edited by Steve Crook

Tommy Dickfingers

That's the first time i've heard of the time being shorter for accumulative taxi trips.

I play it on the PS2 and the time accumulates as you drop off more passengers and doesn't reset after each drop off.

After about 50 or so I can usually get 12-15 minutes accumulated.

Steve Crook
That's the first time i've heard of the time being shorter for accumulative taxi trips.

I play it on the PS2 and the time accumulates as you drop off more passengers and doesn't reset after each drop off.

After about 50 or so I can usually get 12-15 minutes accumulated.

I've had that accumulation before. but I've never done more than 20 or 30 in one run before. Maybe the shorter times only kick in after about the 80th fare?

Or maybe it really does just have a big random factor in the time it gives you for each fare and I just got a long sequence with short times. In which case I did well to get to 88 fares smile.gif

Steve

I remember the time did get shorter and shorter for me when I did taxi missions, it got to short I had to cancel taxi missions, and then start again suicidal.gif

Vercetti2008

Have ya tried in the 2nd island? If not, try there, the peds in the 2nd island give more than in the 1st island, proved. I do taxi mission in the second island, but when it's near 50-60 fares, it gets boring. But pretty nice earnings. Proven.

But it doesn't give any priorities.

Matthew_2008

It is very possible to get 100 taxi fares, infact on the second island (the one with the gamg territories) I once got 300 fares in one go, made myself alot of money as well. All you have to do is do 10 fares in each run, and check your car damage after every 10 fares you drop off, if the taxi is recked go to the spray shop and get it fixed up (you should have enough time depending on how fast you deliver your fares wink.gif.

I did 100 in a row on a VC speed run-- I don't recall how much time I accumulated but I don't recall not having time as an issue... in fact I started on the 2nd island, got bored so switched to the first island, got bored again and switched back to the 2nd again...

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP