tips to getting better

packersfan840

packersfan840

Well i got my 360 and gta 4 2 days ago and have played ALOT of live since i first got it already have like $70,000 from deathmatch's and stuff but i have a terrible kill to death ratio like 1:2 lol so i was wondering some tips to keep kills up or get even higher while getting killed less.

AA on:

dont get in a car

you can hit them before they can lock onto you

if you are in a car get out a few block before so they cant shoot you.

at the beggining of TDM get an M4 and body armpour before going on the attack.

try to fight DOWN hill.

use the sticks to aim up at the head

Shoot BURST fire

AA off:

practice

practice

practice

AA on:

dont get in a car

you can hit them before they can lock onto you

if you are in a car get out a few block before so they cant shoot you.

at the beggining of TDM get an M4 and body armpour before going on the attack.

try to fight DOWN hill.

use the sticks to aim up at the head

Shoot BURST fire

Don't get in, near, around, within a mile of, under, over or in the general vicinity of a car if a teammate is driving.

If you're driving, learn how to drive.

Stay out of a helicopter unless you know what you're doing. You're a big fat target and you look stupid up there, especially when you attempt an upside-down landing while firing full at an on-ground human target.

Be a good teammate but also be your own man. If you see a teammate crouched and taking his time lining up a shot, don't stand plastered to his ass, firing big bursts of auto fire in the open like an idiot. He's crouched because crouching hides his dot and gamertag - you're just giving both your positions away. And you're pissing him - or her - off.

Crouch when you're lining up a shot. Use cover effectively. Stay out of the open. Use your surroundings to shield yourself from incoming fire.

Learn how to crouch, lock, zoom, and refine a headshot all in one fluid motion.

Practice and don't be afraid to lose. We all get pounded sometimes. Learn from your suckage.

.. one last note ..

The secret to getting good at TDM isn't necessary shooting skill. Yeah, that's mandatory. But if you really want to clean up, learn how to be a good teammate. You'll make more skilled friends who can back you up better in combat.. the very best way not to get shot in the back is to have someone you trust watching your back.

Be a good teammate but also be your own man. If you see a teammate crouched and taking his time lining up a shot, don't stand plastered to his ass, firing big bursts of auto fire in the open like an idiot. He's crouched because crouching hides his dot and gamertag - you're just giving both your positions away. And you're pissing him - or her - off.

The first, I don't mind so much. Kill-stealing is bad to do but I personally can't help it. If I see a bad guy I just start shooting compulsively. But if someone is being obnoxious around me, that just means they get shot at first while I can survive a bit longer and get a better shot on the other guy. If you're standing straight up and someone else is crouched and trying to hide, the standing and shooting guy is going to die first. So feel free to do this if you want to. smile.gif

Auto-aim on and off change the game COMPLETELY, but auto-aim isn't always so automatic.

stay back, and crouch. keep you cursor on the enemy, once they're in range, their health will be displayed, but you might not necessarily be able to lock on to them. once you're there, aim for the head and shoot.

Never hold down the shoot button, always use controlled planned bursts (unless you're at point blank)

Headshots, body armour, all the obvious things you learn in the single player apply here too, especially when all you have is a pistol.

If your teammate got the kill, let them pick up the dough their victim leaves behind.

if you got the kill, take the dough before your teammates do hastily, but safely.

dying in deathmatch ISN'T like dying in an objective based game (mafiya, car jack city) where the big bucks are made doing jobs. STAY ALIVE.

that being said, you need to take risks to take out your opponents.

running around to dodge bullets is a bad idea with auto-aim on

however, if auto-aim is off this is exactly what to do if the enemy is wielding an AK-47 and you're too far out of range to use your bee-bee gun.

if auto-aim is on, drive your car fast, and don't drive in a straight line head on, fishtail, making the cursor trail for the enemy trying to get a bead on your ugly mug

it auto-aim is off you still can't drive head on, but dodging bullets is a 1000 times easier.

if you and a buddy are near teh rocket launcher, and you KNOW you suck with it, let your buddy grab it and save your team the frustration.

if friendly fire is off, don't be afraid to shoot at your teammates to get their attention, just make sure they understand you're not doing it to be an A-hole.

cover and crouch as much as possible. cover keeps you safe, and crouching gives you accuracy. you need both to be successful.

never give up, just b/c you're having a death streak, doesn't mean you can't do some good. if you're not the best at taking on foes by yourself, travel with the pack, but remember to spread out a little, and hang back whilst providing covering fire for your more experienced teammates. if anything you'll at least draw some enemy fire towards you lessening how much damage you individually take

if you're out numbered, play conservatively.

if you out number the other team don't be stupid and have your whole team go out guns blazing. assuming the other player is smart, he'll be able to take out at least two of you using the crouch and headshot method with a pistol before your team takes him out. have only 2 teammates, or just one go in. one provides a distraction with his barrage of bullets while the other slowly moves closer by taking cover and staying low.

a true grenade expert knows where his explosives will land and can time their enemies' movement with the timer in the grenade. If you're not very good with them you're better off using a gun.

Pistol has a longer range than an UZI or SMG. save the portable automatics for drive-bys and close encounters, you're better of getting a well placed headshot with the DE or Glock.

Carbines are better than AK's, drop your ak's whenever you can for the carbine

DE's may be more powerful, but have a slower rate of fire than the glock

molotovs....i can't figure out molotovs really.

just b/c the rocket launcher is superpowerful doesn't guarantee victory. it's slow, and doesn't travel in a straight line. aim ahead of a running target, and never try to aim for the actual person, but use it's splash damage and hit the ground around the enemy, or even better, a vehicle, which will set off a second explosion

although winning is great and all, gta iv multiplayer is FUN, SO HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN. thats the best strategy. if you don't have fun: no one's a winner. if you do have fun; you're always a winner.

i disagree,if ur teams outnumbered by more than 1 or 2 anyway.when i find myself in that situation i know ima die alot,so i dont care,as long as i kill at least 2 enemies between each death im doin good

just my opinion,but it seems to work

i disagree,if ur teams outnumbered by more than 1 or 2 anyway.when i find myself in that situation i know ima die alot,so i dont care,as long as i kill at least 2 enemies between each death im doin good

just my opinion,but it seems to work

i can see what you mean. but in a two against one battle, both guys shooting at you, you're more likely to die before either of them do (giving you no kills) if you hang back, play it safer than you normally would, you can at least get one kill to replace your imminent death

Use the terrain, this is a large part of death match. Don't stay in the middle of the road, stay somewhere so that if a car of 4 enemies pulls up you have a quick alleyway to escape to. Use cover so that you can pop out and take someone out. Stay close to teammates to cover them and you can all do better.

And to win, being able to pick up money can be very helpful. Don't chase down every dollar, but if you happen to take out like 3 or more enemies and they aren't coming back to that spot, go pick it up.

look around for climbable ledges and fire escape stairs.

its quite fun to just explore the tops and sides of buildings on foot.

you'll find alot of great vantage points.

gta 4 gamer

lol this is a weird tip...I hope it can help u guys...

When an enemy is in a car..and he/she is running at u to roll u over...Jump on the enemy car so u can have an advantage of running away tounge.gif

Lazlo_Panaflex

That is a weird tip.

I'd prefer to roll either left or right...pop up and empty a clip into the front seat of the car....

Works for me...

CapnRedChops

i'll back jumping, esp sports cars, you can clear those for little/no damage... if you time it right.

If you time it wrong... cryani.gif

non of this matters, when you aim at someone, point the gone a bit higher and you get a head shot, then they only have one health bit, so shoot them again... easy kill!

non of this matters, when you aim at someone, point the gone a bit higher and you get a head shot, then they only have one health bit, so shoot them again... easy kill!

that's only if you're playing against someone who won't do the same. otherwise there's a 50% chance you'll win (assuming you both have the same gun and shoot at the same time)

the tips help shift that 50% chance to 51, 52, 53...60....70....80....90...99%

TheChingGang

aim at the head, never anywhere else. Don't fire until you're sure the dots on their head. Stand still when firing, don't stand still and let them shoot you however. Anything else is optional really i think and up to your tastes.. tounge.gif

oh yeah crouch if you want, personally i dont find it useful besides to get behind cover.

i kill 4 times as much as my team mates and my kill and death ratio is 5:1, my tips:

1. go on a place you know, crouch and wait for them to come, then kill(hide so the dot is gone)

2. crouch behind a bush and use auto-aim, it'll take them time to find you but by then they're dead

3. take cover behind a wall and shoot when they're around 3 meters away from you, they wont get enough time to aim

4. use a "bottle neck" tactic(the only way to reach you is a small opening), i.e. a 1 entrance alley with a turn(so you can take cover)

or a shop

5. crouch behind something that is just a texture, your dot will disappear and you can shoot without being seen

6. confuse your enemy, have a friend distract the opponent, then shoot

7. fill in with the enviroment

8. use the same place just with different hiding spots, crouch or be seen, that way your opponent will know your location(i havent said exact location) and will hurry over there

9. let your team mates fight while you climb on a building and take a good shooting spot(assault rifle)

10. trust your team, if your team sux, you will die often

ps. to all of the above - aim for the head

Staying calm is very important, its my downfall, the majority of my deaths have been when i have been over excited or in a panic.

That said dnt be too calm, there is nowhere where you are safe so stay on the move.

It is aww abou balance yung glasshoppa

Raven_Nytez

I always try to grab an RPG first, just incase I'm chased down by someone in a car. Then try to make sue there's plenty of obstacles around you for them to crash into.

Lazlo_Panaflex

I am so sh*t with an RPG when it comes to cars etc.

I'll either completely miss or end up killing myself......

Spectarofdeath

Get a friend, practice together, stay together, live and kill together. I've seen games where 2-3 people will take out 9-10 of the enemy before one of them dies because they know how to play as a team.