People Going Backwards just to RAM People should..

Dome Piece

drive round them... the people who go backwards are crap drivers and you can easily miss them.

Hi, I'm alx-ndr, and I like cock.

This is the good part of Race, It would be weak if they were invisible. When you finish and people have been trying to f*ck the race up for you, it feels alot better and you feel more achieved. If add's abit of excitement if your way ahead of the pack aswel. colgate.gif

i hate that one jackass that hides behind the corner with a rpg

Had that a few times, sometimes if the person is a real dipsh*t and i am on a faggio after just being killed, these losers stop next to you in there Comet or infernus or whatever, and i just grab them and chuck them out and be off in there car tounge2.gif

Iv just finished a 4 lap GTA race on 'Taxiing' i came 6th out of 6th but i killed 35, especially by blocking the toll entrance back into the airport

now you cant tell me thats no fun

if you wanna race, go on 'race' the other option has GTA in front of it for a reason

tounge.gif

Celtic_Assasinz
Iv just finished a 4 lap GTA race on 'Taxiing' i came 6th out of 6th but i killed 35, especially by blocking the toll entrance back into the airport

now you cant tell me thats no fun

if you wanna race, go on 'race' the other option has GTA in front of it for a reason

tounge.gif

hahaha I always call the people who do that cheap, but it does add an extra bit of tension and excitement to the race. It's fun when you have to try and get round it. Or drop a few grenades, reverse and watch them explode a path for you.

The worst is the people who stop on the first lap to get the rocket launcher and wait at the terminal building for you, or use the airport glitch. Now that's cheap.

I once remember some guy who done that, I didn;t realise he was on mic, I had already been killed and was trying to get into the glitch just to kill him then leave. I mutterred "stupid cheap ass glitching bastard" and got a reply of "you want to come in" hahahaha I was laughing so much, but realised there was only 10 seconds left before the game ended. The guy started racing properly in the other tracks. He wasn;t the best but still enhanced the game just by having another car on the track.

The people who make posts and bitch about GTA Race need to learn about race mode, or go out and buy a racing game.

LOL , I once rammed the 1st place player against another player and they all ended up driving off the cliff along with another player who managed to RAM me but he fell down too.

It was funny and epic.

The first time I got griefed in race mode I laughed my ass off, I thought it was hilarious. I really don't care if there are 1, 2, hell everyone else but me going in reverse on regular race mode. I mean really....it's not a whole lot different than the AI in the cars when traffic is on that like to switch lanes right as you're passing, or make a convenient left turn as you're going around them, or the ones that are crossing an intersection while you're going too fast to efficiently avoid them...I mean what do you wanna do, start a thread or a petition and get rockstar to make all the AI in cars stop doing that stuff?? lol

I've been griefed in race and I have griefed people in race (usually after some cold Coors Light) and either way I laugh and have a good time. See, it is a game. It is not real life, the money you win means about as much as someone giving you a giant turd dipped in gold...it means nothing! It just means you get a fancy glowing star with an 8, 9 or 10 if you get good enough. Props to the 8's 9's and 10's who have spent a lot of time getting there. Good for you, but in the end if you really care that much that someone spoiled your game and prevented you from getting those 50 extra dollars towards your next rank-up and you're all distraught, slamming or throwing your controller on the couch, or shouting obscenities at the griefing player then wow...you have really serious, serious issues and you need to see a shrink! Lighten up. It's is a game, and if it's an online game where people can grief, they will grief. You always have the option to choose another game with a different group. I would say about 90% of the races I participate in are griefer-free...and that's pretty good in my opinion.

Oh by the way, just because they're going in reverse doesn't mean they aren't any good. Some people just have a life that doesn't require being first or running a griefed-free race to have a good time. Man, such babies. Play the game. Maneuver around a would-be griefer as you would the idiotic AI in the game....it's not that hard.

Feel free to bash me, or call me an a-hole, or make fun of my mother, or insult me in any way shape or form.....whatever...I mean that's about as dumb as showing up to a party in sweatpants with a boner.

CTDiesel, I couldnt have put it better myself, at the end of the day its a laugh and if people take it too seriously, they need to go get some fresh air!

PSN : Matt_Joll

Jenna_Taylier
CTDiesel, I couldnt have put it better myself, at the end of the day its a laugh and if people take it too seriously, they need to go get some fresh air!

PSN : Matt_Joll

I'm glad there are people on this forum that treat this game like it should be treated, as a bit of fun.

I played race today, and a few people tried to ruin it, but I still managed 3rd spot. tounge.gif

I honestly don't mind. If they want to have a bit of fun, let them I say. They paid their hard earned cash for the game, they should play it however they please. Just because there's another mode for this type of behaviour doesn't mean everyone will follow it. It's online for christ sake. It's unpredictable.

Actually by them doing it, it makes racing more exciting I reckon. If I'm coming in a good postition, and someone intentionally rams me I'll take it on the chin. So I'll miss out on some money, whoopdee f***ing do. It's not the end of the world. sarcasm.gif

Edited by Miamivicecity

Why thank you Jenna and Miamivicecity, theres always a space for you in my friends list tounge.gif

and i promise if we go on race, il pop ya no more than once lol blush.gif

DraviusLuxor

As much as I hate it... Its Grand Theft Auto.

This is different from auto aim.....That shouldn't be in ranked servers.

That is it exactly.

It used to irritate me, but it is GTA... most of them probably bought the game just so they could do this.

They are merely an obstacle that forms a part of a race in this game.

And... think this one through... (coming from a dedicated racer too):

I have come to RELY on them. There is a psychological element to races in this game, and will help prevent it from getting boring in the future.

I rely on them to hit the guy in first, so I can take his position. Sometimes I try and freak him out to distract him from the pre-pubescent spoon-fed brat charging towards him in the wrong direction.

I have won more than one race this way, and usually try to take the alternative routes where possible - the kiddies rarely bother to block these paths.

GTA races are something completely different. You're supposed to grief the other racers! If I get spun, or lose all my positions, I will simply camp a weapon spawn on the track, and kill everyone I can. Sometimes I get more cash than the winner.

It does surprise me sometimes when I see the impotent fury of these kids in action though, they try so hard to acheive absolutely nothing. The reward is in their imagination only, and I can't conceive how they can exist at all - I mean, of all the things you could spend 5 minutes doing... why would you spend it p*ssing someone off?

Anyway, they are vital in "Round the Block" for me anyway, and usually they allow me to win "Stars In Your Eyes".

Just take a line they won't be expecting, and watch as they crash, missing every single player.

PS: I agree, auto-aim should not be possible on ranked servers. Why it is I will never understand. There are 10's out there who aim for the chest...

can people stop reccomending gt5 prologue for proffesional online racing? because its no different from race on gta4, arseholes crashing into you, the thing where it make u invisible to avoid collisions only works whenever it feels like it, which isnt very often so you've got crashes after crashes after collision penalties after crashes....

99.98% of teenagers surround their minds with cod4, if your a part of the 00.02% that doesn't own the game, put this in your sig.

I'm with CTDiesel here, if you want a race that conforms to "your rules/standards", go make a bunch of friends who agree with you, form a little gang and sellotape your dicks together.

Anyone whining about being pwn3d by a bunch of Internet randoms shouldn't be online. It's a god damn jungle out there people...

muppetmaster_karma.gif

Thats not fun you twat.

For you it isn't fun, for them I am sure it's absolutely f*cking hilarious!! biggrin.gif

Jenna_Taylier
Thats not fun you twat.

For you it isn't fun, for them I am sure it's absolutely f*cking hilarious!! biggrin.gif

I agree, imagine ramming someone off the road who was in first in order to hack off the player only for him to say "that's not fun you twat!" I mean isn't that the reation they want, the one that makes them laugh and do it again? smile.gif

If i go into a GTA race and dont turn my PS3 off without getting an abusive email on my homepage then i have failed, there was a rank 9 who i cant remember the name of and i cost them the match only for him to get all bitchy via mail, i told him or her to go put the kettle on or at least open a window, i didnt hear back as the person was probably trying to level up on NOOSE sarcasm.gif x

i love it when people do that at drag kings, last time on the bridge from alqonquin to alderney there are two different ways to go to the north and turing back(as you may know) first this guy missed me, when he was trying to take the road i used i just took the other, then he was pissed and left..its to bad they usually hit the first one, but if its me who is second i can laugh my ass off